The Student Room Group

Why Are Gay guys hotter than Straight guys?! (no homo)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tehFrance
Well, unfortunately, it appears you'll die now as you'll never get my 'cawk' :smile:

too late im already eating it :cookie:
Original post by Monkey.Slayer
Because gay men know what's attractive in their own gender.

It's simple OP.:laugh:

Gay men are attracted to attractive men, so in logic they know how to make themselves look attractive.:rolleyes:

I was ****ing thinking this! That they're men so they know how to attract their own sex. Women struggle as we don't know, and often find ourselves doing the wrong things thinking it's what men want.

Like people think women give other women better orgasms. Because we "understand" each other.

But the basic answer is, attraction is opinion so it's just a stupid question.
Perhaps because gays on average look more feminine
Reply 43
Original post by awkwardshortguy

why
If gay guys are hotter, why am I always falling for the straight ones? :bawling:

Original post by mediageek123
For me its kind of equal.

I put the theory of gay guys being attractive down to reverse pyschology in that you can't have them so it makes you want them more.

There's probably some element of truth in that. Humans always want what they can't have.
Reply 45
Original post by Reluire
If gay guys are hotter, why am I always falling for the straight ones? :bawling:

There's probably some element of truth in that. Humans always want what they can't have.

im sorry 2 hear that :frown:

imo as a straight guy they are hotter (no homo) dress better and they tend to have more feminine pretty faces (no homo)
Original post by HarryDn

imo as a straight guy they are hotter (no homo) dress better and they tend to have more feminine pretty faces (no homo)

Seriously, how many times can you say "no homo", are you sure you're not gay? I'd bet good money on you being bi at the very least.
They aren't, and you'll find most models are straight
Gay men are certainly the better dressed. The majority of straight men know only two fashion styles: "teenage boy" or "Jeremy Clarkson".
Original post by HarryDn
strong no homo but most male models are gay

also most of the time when you see a 10/10 guy with good fashion sense etc. he is gay. no homo. infact i am only 7/10 facial aesthetics wise, but i dress wise and get asked if im gay ALL the time.

why is this?

(again no homo)

Original post by HarryDn
one no homo wasnt enough for all the homo in my OP

You think straight guys are hotter? (no homo)

Original post by HarryDn
should i have included more no homo in the op?

I'm srs, a lot of my female friends tell me they wish some gay guys were straight too

Thread is not homophobic btw

Original post by HarryDn
Yes but why the good fashion sense? is it biological reasons or the stereotype of gays being into fashion?

Im a guy but it's annoying too (no homo) b/c im not that good looking but i dress well and girls think im gay :colondollar:

Original post by HarryDn

Original post by HarryDn
no.

no homo

We get the point. Are you trolling us with that no homo now?

It's kind of annoying.

I'm gay and quite frankly I would have to disagree with that statement entirely. I think they do tend to be better groomed and dressed but not every gay guy looks like they haven't gone through puberty!!
Please can we keep it on topic, thanks
Gay guys tend to take more care over their appearance in my experience. The difference is particularly marked in teenagers -- so many of the straight guys I know are so slovenly it's gross.
Then again, so many people are surprised to find out I'm a lesbian because I take so much care with hair, make up and dresses, so there are exceptions to the rule :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
Gay guys tend to take more care over their appearance in my experience. The difference is particularly marked in teenagers -- so many of the straight guys I know are so slovenly it's gross.
Then again, so many people are surprised to find out I'm a lesbian because I take so much care with hair, make up and dresses, so there are exceptions to the rule :smile:

yep its just a sterotype imo? but maybe not? :redface:
Original post by Aero Zeppelin
I don't think it's biological, as obviously not all gays like fashion - as you said, it's a stereotype. I do think though that the stereotype fits as I feel that gays on the whole are more in tune with their appearance and having a good taste in clothes is quite a large factor in that :smile:

I think that it could be conditioned into them as when people started coming out in the modern era the fashion industry was a relative safe haven for them so its just been sort of ingrained into gay culture
Cuz they forbidden 😜
Original post by Zachary T-H
I'm gay and quite frankly I would have to disagree with that statement entirely. I think they do tend to be better groomed and dressed but not every gay guy looks like they haven't gone through puberty!!

No not every one but I'd imagine a larger proportion than straight guys. The four people I've known in real life to be gay were definitely more feminine than the average straight guy, especially in their voices. Of course I can only go off the people I know to be gay and there are probably people I know who are gay and haven't came out yet but that's 4/4.

I imagine that some straight men look a guy they know is gay and see their feminine features that they are attracted to and this makes them think they are good looking guys. I agree that gay men are probably better dressed in the eyes of women than straight guys because I consider myself to be straight and I don't know what well dressed is. To me there are just clothes and other clothes.
Original post by HarryDn
why

Why do they appear more feminine physically, is that what you are asking? I don't know, they receive a y chromosome the way straight guys do so I don't know.
No not every one but I'd imagine a larger proportion than straight guys. The four people I've known in real life to be gay were definitely more feminine than the average straight guy, especially in their voices. Of course I can only go off the people I know to be gay and there are probably people I know who are gay and haven't came out yet but that's 4/4.

I imagine that some straight men look a guy they know is gay and see their feminine features that they are attracted to and this makes them think they are good looking guys. I agree that gay men are probably better dressed in the eyes of women than straight guys because I consider myself to be straight and I don't know what well dressed is. To me there are just clothes and other clothes.

Ah, you only know about the ones that are obviously gay. I must say that more straight guys are starting to look like that which makes that measure less useful.

Just because your straight doesn't mean you cant dress well- gay people don't have some sort of "fashion sense" gene. Perhaps you should re consider your strategy to clothes, better dressed guys look better and thus pull better/more girls!
Reply 59
Why do they appear more feminine physically, is that what you are asking? I don't know, they receive a y chromosome the way straight guys do so I don't know.

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending