The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
I have never said he will join Arsenal, I agree there is no chance of that happening.

The reason I say that he seems bitter is due the fact he is always talking about how Juve showed faith in him, which seemed to indirectly apply that he wasn't happy with how he was treated at United, whether that means he dislikes Fergie or United I wouldn't know. However, I don't think Pirlo would have said a few days ago in a press conference that United would have to "live with their mistake" of letting Pogba go without Pogba's say so, or at least without him suggesting privately to the player that he doesn't want to go back.

Also, I'm guessing a large amount of fuel to transfer gossip is due to his agent, who has been hyping up his transfer for the last year, yet Pogba has been quoted as saying "he [the agent] can say I'm worth £60mil, I'm worth nothing" or words to that effect.

I'm only saying what I see from a neutral perspective, and it doesn't look to me like Pogba wants to go anywhere. Also, why wouldn't he go to City but would go to United? Seems a pretty bizaar assumption considering City will be in need of a dominating midfielder soon when Yaya leaves or retires and they have the money, or is it more YOU don't want him to go there? :rolleyes:

Do you genuinely think City will shell out 60-70m on Pogba alone when they have other problems in thier squad? Thats the reason why i rule them out and on the assumptiom that he said he loves United and possibly might rule out City.

So he says hes happy with the way hes been treated at Juventus but that somehow indirectly counts as him making indirects at United? Sounds a load of bull****. He has just said he loves United so i dont know how you keep thinking he dislikes United :lolwut:. He has his feud with SAF, not United.

Maybe Pirlo said it because he actually wants his teammate to stay? Swings and round abouts. Nobody knows where he'll move whether he goes this summer or in the next few years but i was simply picking up on your BS about how he seems extremely bitter about the way United treated him.

Btw its spelt bizarre not bizaar lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Feel sorry for the news reporter that will be standing outside the Emirates all day because honestly, unless it's something like another Monreal type signing, I don't see it. Which I won't be disappointed about tbf :biggrin:

So long as there are a few more vibrator in ears shenanigans I'm happy, best part of deadline day is the fans bantering the reporters off on live tv :biggrin:
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Do you geniuenely think City will shell out 60-70m on Pogba alone? Thats the reason why i rule them out and on the assumptiom that he said he loves United and possibly might rule out City.

So he says hes happy with the way hes been treated at Juventus but that somehow indirectly counts as him making indirects at United? Sounds a load of bull****. He has just said he loves United so i dont know how you keep thinking he dislikes United :lolwut:. He has his feud with SAF, not United.

Maybe Pirlo said it because he actually wants his teammate to stay? Swings and round abouts. Nobody knows where he'll move whether he goes this summer or in the next few years but i was simply picking up on your BS about how he seems extremely bitter about the way United treated him.

Btw its spelt bizarre not bizaar lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on the topic of Pogba, if you guys say it's a feud with Fergie rather than United then I'll admit my mistake (unlike others on this forum :wink:)

The whole love of United meaning he won't join City seems a bit null and void considering you said that my basis of him saying how much he loves Juve and how they put faith in him when others didn't, was a dig at United was false (which it may or may not be, maybe a dig at Fergie instead). The reason I say City would be in for him is they'll be short in that department in a few years and I doubt they're going to worry about money, I mean £30mil on Bony is laughable.

Possibly the media hyping up the rift and I've bought it, and what you say about Pirlo is potentially true, but Pirlo is getting old and won't be around longer, it's not like the Gerrard Suarez situation really because Pirlo will probs retire in a season and he isn't exactly 100% loyal to Juve like Gerrard was to Liverpool.

I just can't see him going anywhere soon tbh, and thanks for the spelling update, I would point out all the grammatical errors in your post but that would be petty :wink:
Original post by sr90

His biterness was with Ferguson not with United. I don't want us to sign him though, and we're not going to.

Thanks for clearing that up, I new he didn't particularly like Fergie but I thought it was aimed at United as a whole but obviously not according to you guys. That being said Fergie still has a big influence at United, if I were Pogba I'd be asking for a personal hand written and verbal apology from Fergie along with a selection of wines from his collection as a peace offering :biggrin:
Original post by leinad2012
Tbh I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on the topic of Pogba, if you guys say it's a feud with Fergie rather than United then I'll admit my mistake (unlike others on this forum :wink:)

The whole love of United meaning he won't join City seems a bit null and void considering you said that my basis of him saying how much he loves Juve and how they put faith in him when others didn't, was a dig at United was false (which it may or may not be, maybe a dig at Fergie instead). The reason I say City would be in for him is they'll be short in that department in a few years and I doubt they're going to worry about money, I mean £30mil on Bony is laughable.

Possibly the media hyping up the rift and I've bought it, and what you say about Pirlo is potentially true, but Pirlo is getting old and won't be around longer, it's not like the Gerrard Suarez situation really because Pirlo will probs retire in a season and he isn't exactly 100% loyal to Juve like Gerrard was to Liverpool.

I just can't see him going anywhere soon tbh, and thanks for the spelling update, I would point out all the grammatical errors in your post but that would be petty :wink:

Fair enough, im not much of an expert on it either so i could be wrong here as well but im just judging it off his most recent interview.

They got fined last summer for a breach of FFP and had a swuad reduction. If they continue to spend lavishly like that again then they'll be further consequences (well atleast i hope so).

It could go either way i suppose but with all the transfer speculation, Pirlo probably came out to put an end to those stories.

Touche :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Fair enough, im not much of an expert on it either so i could be wrong here as well but im just judging it off his most recent interview.

They got fined last summer for a breach of FFP and had a swuad reduction. If they continue to spend lavishly like that again then they'll be further consequences (well atleast i hope so).

It could go either way i suppose but with all the transfer speculation, Pirlo probably came out to put an end to those stories.

Touche :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, NYC fc can buy him and just loan him to city for the duration of his contract.
Original post by e aí rapaz
No worries, NYC fc can buy him and just loan him to city for the duration of his contract.

Yeah true, i was hoping that NYC made a move for Gerrard only for him to return to the PL, playing for City :beard: so he could finally have a chance to win a PL medal. Unfortunately he really is very loyal to Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would Pogba want to stay at Juv for the rest of his career :s-smilie:
Pogba is not going to go for 60M.
Original post by jam277
Pogba is not going to go for 60M.

Probably £40m-£50m max in Summer right? I reckon it would have been up north of £60m if he were to go in this window (wouldn't happen though).
Original post by Dirtybit
Why would Pogba want to stay at Juv for the rest of his career :s-smilie:

Tbf only upgrades for him really are Spanish 3 (Atléti can't afford), Chelsea+Bayern (don't really need), City and PSG.
Reply 611
Wenger on the rest of the window:

'If I wake up in the morning and somebody’s stood in front of my door who is an exceptional player, I will open the door,' Wenger said. 'It looks very unlikely now. I can give you my address if you want.'

Which is fair enough to be honest, I didn't really expect anything else and since our defensive problem has been sorted, with coq's rise & the return of a lot of our injured players I think we'll be good until the summer. No point in overpaying now for an established CDM
Original post by SA-1
Wenger on the rest of the window:

'If I wake up in the morning and somebody’s stood in front of my door who is an exceptional player, I will open the door,' Wenger said. 'It looks very unlikely now. I can give you my address if you want.'

Which is fair enough to be honest, I didn't really expect anything else and since our defensive problem has been sorted, with coq's rise & the return of a lot of our injured players I think we'll be good until the summer. No point in overpaying now for an established CDM

Sums up your pathetic club :laugh: expecting a world class player to land on your doorstep like that.
Original post by VanGaalOut
Sums up your pathetic club :laugh: expecting a world class player to land on your doorstep like that.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between "I want a good player at my club" and "It would be nice to have a good player at my club".
Reply 614
Original post by VanGaalOut

.....You don't understand the difference between metaphorical and literal speech do you?

If he speaks Spanish then I'm sure Bellerin and a few others would tell him what to do on the pitch
shout out to Gabriel completely yoloing it

santi didnt speak a word of english either when he came either btw
Ospina or Scesney to start tomorrow? FF reasons :teeth:
Original post by Gob Bluth
Ospina or Scesney to start tomorrow? FF reasons :teeth:

ospina

Latest