The Student Room Group

Shall I put this job on my CV?

Heya,

I am a student and have an on-the-side job as an English teacher online on italki. Do you think when I graduate I should put this on my CV. Or is an online job kinda... I dunno, unreputable?
Of course! Why wouldn't you? any additional form of work experience or even self-employment over the internet should be mentioned, what have you got to lose? may as well mention it, you're not hurting anyone haha. Well, if you're embarrassed, then by all means, it's your choice. But I would say go for it!

If you don't classify it as a proper job or even work experience, then just add it in under the title 'additional information' or something similar on your CV! that's what I would do at least. Again, it's your choice!

:smile:
Original post by number23
Heya,

I am a student and have an on-the-side job as an English teacher online on italki. Do you think when I graduate I should put this on my CV. Or is an online job kinda... I dunno, unreputable?

It's not about reputation, it's about relevance. What goes in a CV is evidence of relevant skills for the job you are applying for. So if you are applying for a job as a teacher, or need to show communications or explaining skills it might be very relevant. If you are applying for a job as a pig farmer or astronaut, then not so much!
Original post by AdviceForMe
Of course! Why wouldn't you? any additional form of work experience or even self-employment over the internet should be mentioned, what have you got to lose? may as well mention it, you're not hurting anyone haha. Well, if you're embarrassed, then by all means, it's your choice. But I would say go for it!

If you don't classify it as a proper job or even work experience, then just add it in under the title 'additional information' or something similar on your CV! that's what I would do at least. Again, it's your choice!

:smile:

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending