The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Morvi906;53290123"]
Original post by soptah
Rejection with a 56 GAMSAT score, I can freely focus on now on what to do next! All the best to those with interviews coming up![/QUOT

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good way of looking at it. It's better to know so we can start making new plans rather than waiting hopefully! No more interviews or options for me. Back to the drawing board....

Thank you Morvi! I hope we both make it next year.

did you in your email receive the following line "I appreciate this will come as disappointing news. Your results, however, were close to the threshold for selection and therefore you should feel very proud of your performance"
[QUOTE="soptah;53290805"]
Original post by Morvi906

did you in your email receive the following line "I appreciate this will come as disappointing news. Your results, however, were close to the threshold for selection and therefore you should feel very proud of your performance"

I did indeed... Oh the pain! So close but yet so far!! Not sure how to improve my science mark... Comprehension and writing all good. What do you need to improve on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="soptah;53290805"]
Original post by Morvi906

See things like that really impress me about Exeter. They're acknowledging that you worked hard, and yeah, okay, you may not have reached it yet, but that you're well on your way to succeeding.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the reasons they got University of the Year (when was it, 2012?)
Have people on the waiting list, started to get reponses yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Got rejected post-interview. Was sort of expecting it since the interview went awful. I've only got Keele to hear from, and the rest have been rejections. Guess I have to do Biochemistry at Leicester now...
Original post by 123456789012
Got rejected post-interview. Was sort of expecting it since the interview went awful. I've only got Keele to hear from, and the rest have been rejections. Guess I have to do Biochemistry at Leicester now...

Sorry to hear that :frown: when did you hear??

Keep hoping for Keele :smile: Just work hard for exams, get the grades and then reapplying is always an option! Good luck
is there a difference between getting a rejection and being put on the waiting list or does being put on the waiting list mean you have been rejected but they may still contact you later on??
Original post by GGardner
is there a difference between getting a rejection and being put on the waiting list or does being put on the waiting list mean you have been rejected but they may still contact you later on??

In February they are doing up to 60 more interviews. Being in the waiting list post interview means your score wasn't high enough to ensure you'd get an offer even if all 60 still to come beat you, but was still high enough that you could get an offer if they don't all perform as well as you.

Basically the waiting list peeps and Feb interviewees are battling it out to see who gets the final few offers
Reply 1608
Original post by Dr. Django
In February they are doing up to 60 more interviews. Being in the waiting list post interview means your score wasn't high enough to ensure you'd get an offer even if all 60 still to come beat you, but was still high enough that you could get an offer if they don't all perform as well as you.

Basically the waiting list peeps and Feb interviewees are battling it out to see who gets the final few offers

I'm hoping the Februaury crew are low scorers. Exeter is my top pick and waiting list feels a very fragile place to be 😕
yeh same here, im on the waiting list too!!! :frown: it does feel like a fragile place to be!! oh well!!
Rejection :frown: .
Offered place on medical science and waiting list. But to get on waiting list I need to firm medical science which is ridiculous and never gonna happen as got sgul offer. Good luck to rest waiting to here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Troyca
I'm hoping the Februaury crew are low scorers. Exeter is my top pick and waiting list feels a very fragile place to be

Original post by GGardner
yeh same here, im on the waiting list too!!! :frown: it does feel like a fragile place to be!! oh well!!

At least you guys know where you stand!! I haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie:

A fair few people got offers from waiting list last year so there's still hope for you :smile: I know how you both feel as Exeter is my absolute gave and the lack of news is pretty scary :s-smilie:
Original post by the A* guy
Offered place on medical science and waiting list. But to get on waiting list I need to firm medical science which is ridiculous and never gonna happen as got sgul offer. Good luck to rest waiting to here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn man I feel for you :frown: still tho you've got a med offer from somewhere and that's all that counts :smile:

I haven't heard a thing, no idea where I stand :s-smilie: I never recieved the medical sciences email you got a few days ago but that could just be because I applied for history at Exeter as my 5th (basically because although I'm pretty sure I wanna do biomed if med fails, there are loads of biomed spaces in clearing but not many history)
1 hour to go until I hopefully find out my fate :tongue:

...aka either I have 1 hour left as an Exeter med applicant or I get a lovely 4-6 weeks extra wait!!!

#optimism
Reply 1614
Original post by the A* guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure it isn't offer of medical science AND waiting list? So automatic consideration for Medical sciences without further application to Ucas but other wise just waiting list unless you get another firm offer?
Is anyone else yet to hear post-interview??
Reply 1616
Original post by Dr. Django
Is anyone else yet to hear post-interview??

Yes, still waiting to hear from them too
Original post by *mimi*
Yes, still waiting to hear from them too

Good luck :smile: theoretically 7mins till we hear something
Reply 1618
I haven't received an email yet, but UCAS Track updated about 20 minutes ago so check Track. Just been rejected pre-interview.
have people got rejections without being put on a waiting list or has everyone been put on the waiting list?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending