The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
Salam Alaikum WaRahmatullah.

Bringing this topic again because I'm stubborn like that.
Is it okay for a non mahram to communicate with a female under the justification of dawah? And by communicate I don't mean a one hour talk, rather an everyday whatsapp or TSR convo. On that note, is it even okay to have a male or female friend? I'm pretty sure it's not; yet I'm tired of being called 'extreme' or too 'serious' and 'negative' because I say it is. Please share your thoughts and daleel, I will be very grateful.

Salam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the Q ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
AsalaamuAlaykum

Walaykumasalaam

What was your question sis?

I quotes myself again so you can see it hun xx I'd be interested to hear your thoughts actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
QURAN: "And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do."

Commentary :

In this verse, Allah emphasizes on this meaning that idols and deities of the pagans should never be abused. This action causes the holy Essence of Allah to be abused by them, revengefully and unjustly, because of their ignorance.As it is understood from some Islamic traditions, it happened that sometimes some of the believers who were seriously unbecoming from the phenomenon of idolatry, used indecent language and abused the idols of the pagans.

The Qur'an explicitly prohibited that action
. From the point of Islam, having modesty and observing the principles of discipline, and courtesy in speech is necessary for a believer, even if it is before the most superstitious and the worst wrong religions. It is not possible to prevent a person from a wrong way by means of abusing him, because everybody is zealous unto his own beliefs and deeds.

The verse says :
" And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, or they will abuse Allah in revenge without any knowledge, ..."However, every sect or group of people think that their conduct is fair, because it is as their nature pleases, but, in the meantime, they have been introduced the Truth in order that they act accordingly and avoid the falsehood. The verse continues saying :"... thus unto every nation have We made their behaviour seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return, so He will inform them of what they used to do."
http://www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/quran/light/light_05/006/6_108.htm

What a religion we follow, how Allah swt understands our psychology, and it's common sense! We human beings are attached to our beliefs, we should not abuse one another, or one another idols or Gods, no matter how barbaric we think they are , because people are attached to them. Out of that attachment they may undergo a reflex reaction where they reply in hate. We must be cordial in speech, and argue and debate people with good speech and good manners, rather than resorting to mockery or abuse.

Quran: "Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided."

Muslims. Deal with people of all religions justly and with kindness. It hurts me to no ends when i here about cowardly muslims treating jews, christians , sikhs with disrespect!

In my school - when i used to attend, we were all good friends, jews, sikhs, muslims - we didn't care.

In my university, we don't even care either.

So why are some among us so immature and so ignorant of basic human moral values?
(edited 9 years ago)
QURAN: "Only through the Divine Mercy have you (Muhammad) been able to deal with your followers so gently. If you had been stern and hard-hearted, they would all have deserted you a long time ago. Forgive them and ask God to forgive (their sins) and consult with them in certain matters. But ,when you reach a decision, trust God. God loves those who trust Him."

Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you all,

A contention often brought up by atheists and those who aren't muslims - as well as a few muslims is about the verses in the Quran about guidance, and it's contradiction with free will.

Firstly, i implore on every user who reads this to put side bias, preconceived views, and embrace the content i am about to present in an open-minded, rational, and inquiring manner.

The following verse is used: "Surah 14:4And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise."

However, it is critical to look at all of the verses of the Holy Quran. For example, this one:

QURAN: "As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good."

When Allah swt says he will guide who he wills - it means he will guide those who are sincere, and strive to find the truth in an honest way, whether this is a muslim holding back his desire, engaging in struggle, or an individual wanting to reach Allah swt using logic and rationality,

There is freedom and choice in the coming to Allah swt

Surah 18:29Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve.

Our deeds are our own - not the result of Allah swt making us do them

Surah 41:46Whoso doeth right it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong it is against it. And thy Lord is not at all a tyrant to His slaves.

Peace be with you brother

What about those people who search for truth and look into islam with an open mind and with sincerity, but come to the conclusion that it's not correct? I'm sure there are at least some people who would claim this

Posted from TSR Mobile
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
Original post by ApplyYourself

Wa alaykum asalam

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does Tawheed mean?
What is Tawheed al rooboobiyah? Tawheed al eebadah? And Tawheed al asma was sifat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proof that islam is true

[video="youtube;QJxtZHfE7Ak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxtZHfE7Ak[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Stop trying troll us man.

Watch the video, our muslim brother gives good reasons, you should support him and the ummah.
Tawheed:

Sorry :colondollar: Was easier to flip the book open and take pics rather then type it :redface:
Original post by K1NG93
Wa Alaikum Assalam bro. Nice to have you back. I thought you were permanently gone.

Original post by HAnwar
Haha welcome back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by HSafirah
Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :biggrin:

Now you can start posting again. Welcome home

Original post by Up quark
I missed you, bro :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Tennumbers
Wa'alaikum assalam

Long time bro. Try getting a shorter ban next time :colone:

Original post by Mary562
Walaykumasalaam
Good to see you back

Thanks guys :h:
Lol it was a long ban I guess.

Original post by interact
What does tracked mean in inbox??

I'm not sure bro.I think some people(subs, mods etc...) can see whether their messages have been by the other person or not?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello fellow muslims .

Hey there, asalaamulaykum :h:

Original post by ApplyYourself

Wa'alaykumasalaam Warahmatullahi wa barakatuh
I'm not going dignify your other comment with a reply.
I'm not going dignify your other comment with a reply.

Who? Me lol? Did I say something bad :O

I'm not sure bro.I think some people(subs, mods etc...) can see whether their messages have been by the other person or not?

Ah right, thanks bro. Good to have you back :smile:
Who? Me lol? Did I say something bad :O

loool, wrong person

Oh. You're back :eyeball:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Oh. You're back :eyeball:

:hand:

Heard you been telling people I trolled :eyeball:

Thats not nice :naughty:

Don't make me angry :lockstock:
Ah right, thanks bro. Good to have you back :smile: