The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liberty.
9th Jan 😔
That's what the Middlesex online chat rep guy said 😭😭 it's such a stupid way of doing things

Ugh thats annoying but only a couple of days after me, i'm only waiting for them now! Does anybody know who applied earlier how quick they responded?
Original post by meganrayc
Ugh thats annoying but only a couple of days after me, i'm only waiting for them now! Does anybody know who applied earlier how quick they responded?

I applied mid October and they got back to me around 2 and a half to 3 weeks later with an interview and a week after the interview with their decision x
Original post by beth16x
I applied mid October and they got back to me around 2 and a half to 3 weeks later with an interview and a week after the interview with their decision x

Oh that's fab! Thank you :smile: xx
A plea from a University Admissions tutor :

Today we rejected 41 (yes, FORTY ONE) applications for Vet Nursing who had applied with a BTEC but without the Science A level or GCSE grades that are clearly stated as essential in the Admissions Requirements.

It doesn't matter how well you do in your BTEC, or what staggering wonderful work experience you might have - if you don't meet the basic academic requirements we will automatically reject you.

41 people have just wasted a choice - simply because they didn't read the instructions.
Found out today I got an offer from Harper Adams :smile:
But I need your help a little
They want me to get 280 Ucas points with a C at bio, so BBC.
However the As I dropped I got a B witch is 50 Ucas points. Does this get added onto what I get this year?

What I am trying to say is that if I get BCC this year (240 Ucas points) will I still have 280 Ucas points because of the 50 Ucas points from As?

I got BCC in my A levels last year and I am aiming to get BBB this year, but I would like to know just in case I don't do great in my exams this year.
Hi
I've applied for Harper Adams, Hartpury, Myerscough and Nottingham Trent. So far I have had interview invites from all but Harper, so I was just wondering how soon Harper got back to people. :smile:

Has anyone had an interview at Myerscough or been to the college and have any tips or advice they can give me? I've never even been to the college as it was a last minute choice so I don't really know what to expect from the place.

Well done to everyone who have had offers and interviews! :smile:
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Hi
I've applied for Harper Adams, Hartpury, Myerscough and Nottingham Trent. So far I have had interview invites from all but Harper, so I was just wondering how soon Harper got back to people. :smile:

Has anyone had an interview at Myerscough or been to the college and have any tips or advice they can give me? I've never even been to the college as it was a last minute choice so I don't really know what to expect from the place.

I've only just put in my work exp forms for HA, I think the originals got lost in the post or something.

I live right down the road from Myerscough, it's a very out of the way campus and very big, I've never seen the actual Vet Nursing bit but have spoken to a girl who went there and she said that everyone was really kind and helpful. Sorry I can't tell you more, it's not somehwere I'm applying to as it's too close to home for my liking!
Original post by Bluebells60
I sent my form back two days after receiving email in December but still waiting to hear too although it's for vet physio course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turns out they hadn't had my form as I got an email asking for it yesterday -- OOPS!! I've applied for both at HA, Physiotherapy interests me but I'd rather do VN
Original post by LucyinLaLaLand
Hi everyone hope you are all well

I have done three of my interviews and thought I would give you a little run down to help with any nerves.
My first was at Middlesex, this was really relaxed. There were only five of us and we went on a campus tour and had a little talk about the course. Then we had to do a writing task. I won't say what they were but the questions were a little odd. It is ok though because you have as much time as you need and lots of space to write and I think you can ask for paper if you want to make a plan so read the question a few times and think about what you want to say. Then they should get back to you in a couple weeks (I got an offer today (: )

Next was RVC, I think I found this the strangest and was hardest to judge how I did. There were a lot more of us but my group did the stations first. There are 6 each looking at something different and you have 5 mins at each. I didn't think this was a lot of time and the things we were asked to do were things I felt like you would be taught to do at uni. Anyway ... Then there was the group discussion however I don't think my group did it well and the observer seemed a bit off, that is just my opinion. They will not get back to you until end of March!

Last was Harper Adams, this was probably the most technical and so far my only One-on-One. Again we went on a campus tour and then had the interviews. They will ask you the usually questions like why Harper? and why a vet nurse? They then asked some technical questions but stuff you should have learnt from school as well as general questions about you. Just try and be relaxed as well as happy and open. There was also a short written task about work xp. They also will not get back until March.

And that is it for now, I have my last interview Feb 20th for Napier so will keep you updated. :smile:

I'm going to Edinburgh on that day too! Just panicking for two reasons -- A) The vet I did work exp with is away so she can't fill in the form for me until next week!
B) I'm really worried about what they're going to ask us to write about :s-smilie: I tried thinking of stuff I'd learnt on work experience but it all seems a little, well, lacking? I did most work exp with the vet surgeon rather than the nurse because I was planning to be a VS until I got my grades!

Anyway, best of luck and who knows, we might see each other there!?
Hey guys ,

I haven't heard from Napier , should I be worried?
if I get BCC this year (240 Ucas points) will I still have 280 Ucas points because of the 50 Ucas points from As?

On Monday phone the admissions office and ask for clarification.

Offers with points and grades are often confusing/not clearly written. They wont mind answering any questions and it will put your mind at rest.
Original post by lostinstereo08
Hey guys ,

I haven't heard from Napier , should I be worried?

I don't think so, they're having a round of interviews this next week or two and I think another round at the start of March, so there's time yet.
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Hi

Myerscough is local to me, and I know quite a few people who go there.
A friend is currently doing the FdSc and is really enjoying it there. I had a look round the new vet nursing centre on an open day, and the facilities are great. Lecturers were very friendly and helpful. I haven't applied, so can't really give any tips, but best of luck :smile:
Does anyone have an interview at Hartpury on the 25th February? :smile:
Original post by Abby_W31
I'm going to Edinburgh on that day too! Just panicking for two reasons -- A) The vet I did work exp with is away so she can't fill in the form for me until next week!
B) I'm really worried about what they're going to ask us to write about :s-smilie: I tried thinking of stuff I'd learnt on work experience but it all seems a little, well, lacking? I did most work exp with the vet surgeon rather than the nurse because I was planning to be a VS until I got my grades!

Anyway, best of luck and who knows, we might see each other there!?

Congrats on the interview and that would be cool if we see each other.

And with the forms did they say they had to be in in a specific time zone because if so see if you could get the nurse to fill it out, I assume you worked with the nurses a little bit?

I understand about what you mean about the work xp, for my first week there was only one surgery and that was a cat spay so nothing that exciting. Just try and think about the things that you really enjoyed about it and any interesting cases that you saw. For example in my second week I was a cat that needed to have it's eye removed which was kinda cool.
Hi everyone,
congratulations to u on your offers!!! i have a middlesex university interview coming up in 1 week for veterinary nursing and i am really nervous about it, could anyone who has had an interview expand on what the whole day is? and what the written task is like?
Congrats on the interview and that would be cool if we see each other.

And with the forms did they say they had to be in in a specific time zone because if so see if you could get the nurse to fill it out, I assume you worked with the nurses a little bit?

I understand about what you mean about the work xp, for my first week there was only one surgery and that was a cat spay so nothing that exciting. Just try and think about the things that you really enjoyed about it and any interesting cases that you saw. For example in my second week I was a cat that needed to have it's eye removed which was kinda cool.

Yeah, she's back on Monday so am going to take it then and then email it over to them.

I can think of a few interesting cases that came in, one was with one of my own pets, but am not sure if that really counts?
Reply 237
Original post by Abby_W31
Yeah, she's back on Monday so am going to take it then and then email it over to them.

I can think of a few interesting cases that came in, one was with one of my own pets, but am not sure if that really counts?

It would definitely count if it happened while you were doing the work experience, but if not, then just say it was another persons pet!
Original post by EEMGEE
It would definitely count if it happened while you were doing the work experience, but if not, then just say it was another persons pet!

I used it at my bristol interview and they seemed cool with it, I was a bit hesitant to use it at first but they encouraged me to talk about it so may use it again
I've created a facebook group for all 2015 vet nursing applicants, here's the link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651366615091012/
Apologies for the random cover photo, it would only upload one of my own photos, so a guinea pig photo seemed fairly relevant :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending