The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mahel
9th february, that's the earliest we'll find out that we failed the townley test :biggrin:

oh well, there's still dartford grammar for me :colondollar:

Yeah lucky for you :biggrin: My sixth form life is in danger and I know it X)
Hi, I got a email from Bexley. Got a conditional offer. Anyone else?
Reply 42
Original post by big_dreamer

SO DID I:smile::biggrin: :cool:
Original post by Babs Akinsowon
SO DID I:smile::biggrin: :cool:

Congrats!! May i ask what subjects you will be taking? Is this your first choice?
Reply 44

I got an email but I didn't get the offer, a shame but i cant do anything about that 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Congrats!! May i ask what subjects you will be taking? Is this your first choice?

Maths
Further Maths
History
Economics
What about you and i'm currently not sure i applied to Bexley, Chis and Sid and Harris Westminster. I believe a-level results and percentages come out before gcse's so i'll compare them
Reply 46
Maths
Further Maths
History
Economics
What about you and i'm currently not sure i applied to Bexley, Chis and Sid and Harris Westminster. I believe a-level results and percentages come out before gcse's so i'll compare them

Chis and sid were in the top 100 for 2014 I think while bexley were in the 200 zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
Further Maths
History
Economics

Omg if I chose to do A level I would have done everything you chose apart from FM. I am doing HL economics, french and history, then SL physics, english and maths. Although, if I get A* in my GCSE for maths, I will ask to swap it with french and make it HL.

Same, I applied to Chis and Sid, The Grey Coat Hospital (interview next week) and a small top private school in central London (waiting to hear back after interview).

Going to fill in my application form pack thing and wait to hear back from others. Then make a decision.

Checked out bexley website and they already have 8 oxbridge offers for this year.
Original post by germanshepherd_
You knoww~! :angry:

Oooh, oh wow, externals find out on the 10th Feb. What else are you taking besides maths and what other schools have you applied for? And sorry, a random question, what exam board do you do for languages GCSE, especially german???

Haha sorry :tongue: I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy & Ethics. And for german A Levels we do AQA. I've applied to Beths and Bexley Grammar but I want to stay on in Townley though. What have you applied to?? Oh and I got into Maths! Barely though :tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by CrystalMath101
Haha sorry :tongue: I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy & Ethics. And for german A Levels we do AQA. I've applied to Beths and Bexley Grammar but I want to stay on in Townley though. What have you applied to?? Oh and I got into Maths! Barely though :tongue:

The iMacs in Townley, are they for all students to use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope you all get in though!! I will be looking forward to meeting you all at the induction day and at Maths A level Townley!! :biggrin: I know I'm definitely set on A level and going to Townley. I just hope I can make it in with my grades :')
I'm internal btw.
Original post by Mahel
The iMacs in Townley, are they for all students to use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they're more specific to media students but sometimes we're allowed to use it. Currently my form room is the Mac suite, so we use it in the morning, coz my form tutor doesn't care.
Original post by CrystalMath101
Hope you all get in though!! I will be looking forward to meeting you all at the induction day and at Maths A level Townley!! :biggrin: I know I'm definitely set on A level and going to Townley. I just hope I can make it in with my grades :')
I'm internal btw.

I'm an internal also! I probably know you . I'm not staying at Townley at all because I got an offer at a much better school but the Townley keeps pressuring me to stay by persuading me with so much annoying stuff. I mean, our sixth form is good - but it is not THAT good. I really want to do medicine at Oxford, but no'one this year got into Oxbridge for medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranti100
I'm an internal also! I probably know you . I'm not staying at Townley at all because I got an offer at a much better school but the Townley keeps pressuring me to stay by persuading me with so much annoying stuff. I mean, our sixth form is good - but it is not THAT good. I really want to do medicine at Oxford, but no'one this year got into Oxbridge for medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you probably do as well coz I just guessed who you might be,coz your name gave it away :tongue: oh yeah I agree too but it's not about the school really it's more the fact that I just can't be bothered to move. Also since I already know the teachers at Townley, if I get a crap teacher I can always go to the other better teachers I know for help. I've gotten an offer at bexley grammar and waiting for Beths' reply but Townley is the option for me so far. What's the better school you got an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you apply for any of the dartford grammars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to dartford grammar for girls so if you want to ask any questions about the sixth form then go ahead! Also, DGS is a good school, but be prepared for an unbelievable amount of work, especially in year 13 when it's common to hear of people working through the night!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahel
Hello everyone, I'm a GCSE student like a lot of people in this subthread and a few things came to my mind. When you get your GCSE results, how long do you have to confirm what sixth form you want to go to? How do after results day 'late applications' work? What are the chances of getting into a sixth form via a late application?

Thanks

I think it would depend on the college/sixth form? They should tell you, enrolment for me is on the day of results or after for my sixth form + college :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by themuffin96
I go to dartford grammar for girls so if you want to ask any questions about the sixth form then go ahead! Also, DGS is a good school, but be prepared for an unbelievable amount of work, especially in year 13 when it's common to hear of people working through the night!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm in DGS right now and was thinking about the IB but was also thinking about A Level at DGGS, what's the sixth form like there?
Yeah I applied for DGS for boys and got an interview but I already got accepted by my first choice sixth form so I will not be attending.
Reply 59
Yeah I applied for DGS for boys and got an interview but I already got accepted by my first choice sixth form so I will not be attending.

I would attend the interview in case you change your mind in the summer. DGS is currently the 8th best sixth form in the country

Latest