The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I am in Swansea on the 30th for my interview. I have given myself way too much time between my Swansea interview and my SGUL (it was on the 9th). I am looking forward to finding out how my interviews turned out (whether it is an offer or rejection) , I think I am going to enjoy Swansea but preparation is getting frustratingly difficult as I feel like I know my answers to the major interview questions...I guess I am just trying to keep my motivation up. I am super excited to see my fellow TSRs at Swansea, I hope you all do well (but I hope I do slightly better- I am sure you understand why :rolleyes:). X
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 321
Original post by esthersparklebut
I am in Swansea on the 30th for my interview. I have given myself way too much time between my Swansea interview and my SGUL (it was on the 9th). I am looking forward to finding out how my interviews turned out (whether it is an offer or rejection) , I think I am going to enjoy Swansea but preparation is getting frustratingly difficult as I feel like I know my answers to the major interview questions...I guess I am just trying to keep my motivation up. I am super excited to see my fellow TSRs at Swansea, I hope you all do well (but I hope I do slightly better- I am sure you understand why :rolleyes:). X

Swap SGUL for 15th Jan and this is pretty much me.
Seen you on the 30th :wink:
Reply 322
Do we fill out a DBS form when we go for interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Men
Do we fill out a DBS form when we go for interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, Fill it out and out it in an envelope.
Reply 324
Re. photos for the interview. Are there any guidelines in particular?
Either Swansea or Notts. Can't seem to find much for Swansea's request...
Original post by Zorg
Swap SGUL for 15th Jan and this is pretty much me.
Seen you on the 30th :wink:

You 2 should feel bad for me!
SGUL on the 29th and swansea on the 30th!
Reply 326
Original post by Rosser1994
You 2 should feel bad for me!
SGUL on the 29th and swansea on the 30th!

I did this but the other way around. Good luck!
Reply 327
Original post by Zorg
Re. photos for the interview. Are there any guidelines in particular?
Either Swansea or Notts. Can't seem to find much for Swansea's request...

I think it said, 'passport style.' I just sent a photo I had of my head and shoulders that was taken in the lab for a project, they accepted that okay so I don't think they are too fussy!
Reply 328
Original post by medicine20134
Yes, Fill it out and out it in an envelope.

Hang on I'm still a little confused. So when I arrive at Swansea for interview they will hand me a DBS form to fill out there and then? Obviously I have the other things to put in an envelope etc and photocopies of stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swansea was lovely today. Honestly, such a nice, friendly med school. Interview went well, fingers crossed and good luck to all. That video they showed at the beginning helped us relax right? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 330
Original post by Mr Men
Hang on I'm still a little confused. So when I arrive at Swansea for interview they will hand me a DBS form to fill out there and then? Obviously I have the other things to put in an envelope etc and photocopies of stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just fill out the form that lists all of the documents and bring that with you (the one that you received in the email). There is no DBS form on the day; I imagine they leave that until after offers, and then it's done electronically. That's how my employer (an NHS hospital) do it.
Reply 331
Original post by BD7391
You just fill out the form that lists all of the documents and bring that with you (the one that you received in the email). There is no DBS form on the day; I imagine they leave that until after offers, and then it's done electronically. That's how my employer (an NHS hospital) do it.

Okay, brilliant thanks!
Just to clarify, because I think I remember reading it somewhere but just can't find it, 9:30AM is the arrival time rather than 9:00AM? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
Just to clarify, because I think I remember reading it somewhere but just can't find it, 9:30AM is the arrival time rather than 9:00AM? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No later than 0930. I'd aim for earlier though, if I can get to sleep that is.
Original post by Zorg
No later than 0930. I'd aim for earlier though, if I can get to sleep that is.

What? You had a nap in the middle of the day (the day before you interview) too?
Reply 335
Original post by esthersparklebut
What? You had a nap in the middle of the day (the day before you interview) too?

Nah, it's just shift work has screwed me up so much :'(
Anyone have any ideas when they might send offers out?
Reply 337
They said early march at my day, but also said "similar to last year" which would indicate end of feb /start of march. I hope its not too long!
Original post by elle-cc121
Anyone have any ideas when they might send offers out?

Asked today, said they'd have them all sent out by the 1st of March
Asked today, said they'd have them all sent out by the 1st of March

Being impatient as usual, I've been attempting to calculate the time it takes for them to collate the results, rank us all and send out offers. Does anyone know if we'll hear from ucas or swansea first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending