The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
All you January applicants only getting your eight week emails now... I applied the beginning of October for BA Government and am still waiting for a decision, after about 16 weeks of endless emails... Be prepared for a LONG wait...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3001
Rejection for E&EH.

Second week of the 8+2+4 period.

Grades: 43/45(IB) predicted (4x HL: Maths(6), Phy(7), Econ(7), Eng-B(7) , 2x SL: B&M(7), Lang-lit(6) + 3 core points)

Lets just say that I've had better Fridays.
Reply 3002
Original post by Econ95
What's your subject combination?

Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics
Original post by bubb16
All you January applicants only getting your eight week emails now... I applied the beginning of October for BA Government and am still waiting for a decision, after about 16 weeks of endless emails... Be prepared for a LONG wait...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheesh I can imagine the wait has been terrible. I know I've constantly checked my emails and I only applied in Jan. Guess I'll prepare for worst hope for best
Original post by bubb16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I second this. I applied in September and I'm still waiting for a decision for PPE. They really know how to test your patience!
Any economic history offers?
& if so, what were your predicted grades?☺️
A and F news anyone?
Didn't the economics dept give out like 1 place for e+eh in 2013?
It has been 13 weeks since the 8 week email and I haven't received a rejection/offer/4 week email. What happens!
Original post by StudyNow
It has been 13 weeks since the 8 week email and I haven't received a rejection/offer/4 week email. What happens!

That seems odd, check your spam folder and the email that was on your UCAS form, failing that email them directly as they are supposed to contact you regularly with updates.

Same thing happened to me for the two week email. 5 weeks after I got my 2 week email I got an email from LSE saying that they had some error and then got my 8 week email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jwl97
Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics

What did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3012
How does LSE count the 4 week email because I received mine one week before my 2 week email was supposed to end.
Should I count the 4 weeks from the day I received the email or one week later?
Reply 3013
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Got an email asking for further info (post A-Level). My heart dropped when I saw an LSE email (on a Friday of all days!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What further info is it that they enquired about? I'm also sort of a post A-level applicant.
Original post by VedikaA
Same thing happened to me for the two week email. 5 weeks after I got my 2 week email I got an email from LSE saying that they had some error and then got my 8 week email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That happened to me as well. And now all again, I am going crazy.
Original post by Puffin Boffin
That seems odd, check your spam folder and the email that was on your UCAS form, failing that email them directly as they are supposed to contact you regularly with updates.

I've checked and still nothing. Should I email them or just wait.
I've checked and still nothing. Should I email them or just wait.

Just wait like the rest of us. There isn't anything we can do about it. They have a system and are working their way through the applications.
I have had an offer from Bristol but am waiting for Bath yet a girl who applied a month before me has had a Bath offer but is still waiting for Bath. Our grades and predicted grades are virtually identical.
Original post by JamjamjamT
Just wait like the rest of us. There isn't anything we can do about it. They have a system and are working their way through the applications.
I have had an offer from Bristol but am waiting for Bath yet a girl who applied a month before me has had a Bath offer but is still waiting for Bath. Our grades and predicted grades are virtually identical.

Ok I will wait then and I've prepared for a rejection so won't be too sad when it comes. But I guess I still have hopes. Thank you and gook luck with your application.
Ok I will wait then and I've prepared for a rejection so won't be too sad when it comes. But I guess I still have hopes. Thank you and gook luck with your application.

Where else have you applied to? Have you got offers from those other Unis?
I want to go to LSE but I also want to go to UCL, Bath, Bristol or Cardiff. I will be gutted if LSE reject me but I am looking at it not like a rejection but just that they found 20 odd candidates that were better than me...
I am definitely going to University - just don't quite know which one yet ;D
I have officially passed the dreaded friday.......... next week awaits us. (unless they reject me in the next 5 mins) ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending