The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5200
I've got my offer from Middlesex tooooo 😊
Reply 5201
And I also just got hartpury!
Original post by TillyM
Hi everyone, I've just had my interview at Glasgow argh! Does anyone know when I should hear back from them?? Thank youu

hey i am international but i had mine early December and heard back within 4 or 5 days :smile:
Reply 5203
Original post by SteveJB
Hi, I had my interview at Glasgow at the very beginning of this month. How did you feel it went?
I have been told that it most likely won't be until mid/late February offers are given out but it wouldn't be unusual for a university to give out offers before the time they say so who knows, but from what I understand mid/late February seems to be when we will start hearing from Glasgow.

To be completely honest I have no idea how it went aha! I feel like I could have done better but the nerves got to me so nothing I could really have done about that, I figure if they don't want me then it's not meant to be. How was yours?
Original post by lucy_monty_88
Hi Everyone,

Been keeping an eye on the forum as I have an interview coming up on the 11th at Bristol! Feeling extremely nervous, but equally excited!

I wondered if there are any other mature students here and if so, is there any advice you can give me?

My main worry with the interview is the calculation station... Does anyone have any tips on what to study up on?

Congrats to everyone that has already had an offer, and good luck to all those yet to interview!

:-)

I'm interviewing at Bristol on the 11th too! Might see you there :smile: x
Reply 5205
I have an interview in NYC this coming Thursday.
Original post by mollyvet
My interview isn't until the 24th of February, so you would hope they'd hold off giving offers until then, and that corresponds with what you're saying. Good luck!

It would make sense to hold off until interviews have been done, for simple reasons of fairness but like I said, unis can do what they wish haha. I suppose I (and others who had earlier interviews) want to hear back now but we just have to be patient. And to you, best of luck!
Original post by TillyM
To be completely honest I have no idea how it went aha! I feel like I could have done better but the nerves got to me so nothing I could really have done about that, I figure if they don't want me then it's not meant to be. How was yours?

I think it went quite well, there was one or two questions I wasn't quite sure on but besides that it seemed alright. But you can never really tell what they are thinking and how other candidates perform so honestly I don't know haha. Just have to wait and see! :smile:
It isnt in your interest to give away any secrets about interviews or 'tasks' - you are in direct competition with these later applicants!
Original post by TillyM
Hi everyone, I've just had my interview at Glasgow argh! Does anyone know when I should hear back from them?? Thank youu

Original post by SteveJB
Hi, I had my interview at Glasgow at the very beginning of this month. How did you feel it went?
I have been told that it most likely won't be until mid/late February offers are given out but it wouldn't be unusual for a university to give out offers before the time they say so who knows, but from what I understand mid/late February seems to be when we will start hearing from Glasgow.

My interview isn't until the 24th of February, so you would hope they'd hold off giving offers until then, and that corresponds with what you're saying. Good luck!

At my interview I got told it will likely be end of February and possibly into March depending on how quickly they decide! I know they are interviewing in North America this month and the way the responded to me sounded as if they weren't planning on announcing any decisions until they had concluded the interviews over there. I totally understand I want to hear ASAP but I feel for the likes of you Molly who still have to wait :smile:. I'm not sure if they will tell us in batches or all at once? Hopefully it isn't too long though... Best of luck anyway guys!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eceidil13
hey guys, a bit of a silly question really but those who are going for interview at edinburgh - where are you staying if you are going for a night? i just know how the vet school is really far out and what are people doing about that? are there shuttle buses?

I'm staying at a hotel in the city centre and will probably get taxis to and from the campus just to be safe!
I take it nobody got a response from the RVC today in the end? :tongue: Ahh well, never should have assumed that they'd stick to last year's dates. Next week, perhaps? :wink:

Original post by ThaRoo
I have an interview in NYC this coming Thursday.

NYC as in New York? Nice :biggrin: Best of luck!
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I take it nobody got a response from the RVC today in the end? :tongue: Ahh well, never should have assumed that they'd stick to last year's dates. Next week, perhaps? :wink:

Let's hope so!
Reply 5213
Nothing from RVC, it's still early days, I haven't even had my other interviews but I'm so goddamn impatient.
I TRY not to read this forum to often because I end up being extra fidgety!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did they say how we should expect to hear from them? Whether it's post or email? (For RVC)
(edited 9 years ago)
Let's hope so!

To be fair, I like how they give out most of the interviews/offers at around the same time (or in really big batches), after sorting through everyone. The wait is awful but seeing people with interviews/offers while you've applied to the same place and heard nothing is worse! :tongue:

Original post by Vethopeful1996
Did they say how we should expect to hear from them? Whether it's post or email? (For RVC)

At interview I was told late Jan - early Feb, and I believe email.
Hi, I've applied for Liverpool and I received a WEQ which I filled in and sent in Decemeber and I got the conformation email. However I haven't heard anything since, but they haven't declined it on UCAS? Is anyone in the same boat? Starting to worry a bit!!
Original post by zarahfrancis
Hi, I've applied for Liverpool and I received a WEQ which I filled in and sent in Decemeber and I got the conformation email. However I haven't heard anything since, but they haven't declined it on UCAS? Is anyone in the same boat? Starting to worry a bit!!

I think the latest Livvy interview date that I've seen so far is the 18th of Feb. They go on into March so I wouldn't worry yet, you're not alone :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Someone told me that they are going to give out offers in mid Feb now. So anoying 😨
Original post by greencat55
Someone told me that they are going to give out offers in mid Feb now. So anoying

Yeah, they said at interview that some would be given out in February, I was just extrapolating from last year and hoping they'd give some out today. What can you do eh :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending