The Student Room Group

Guys know if they like a girl immediately, girls don't ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseafreak
so if a guy you weren't physically attracted to came over to you and started chatting to you you wouldn't just tell him to go away but instead you'd be in deep thought for two days about weather you liked him. somehow i find this hard to believe given that women tend to see looks as more important than personality

It's actually happened before. At first I wasn't physically attracted to a guy but his personality was just amazing. I thought about it for two days and decided that I did liked him. That's just me I guess.
Original post by MissLalaxx
It's actually happened before. At first I wasn't physically attracted to a guy but his personality was just amazing. I thought about it for two days and decided that I did liked him. That's just me I guess.

fair play then, i'm just working of my own experiences with women and the ones i have met don't give men a chance to show their personality. nice to find out that not all girls are like that.
fair play then, i'm just working of my own experiences with women and the ones i have met don't give men a chance to show their personality. nice to find out that not all girls are like that.

Thanks, I just love someone that can make me laugh. Don't care how you look in all honesty.
Thanks, I just love someone that can make me laugh. Don't care how you look in all honesty.

refreshing view point and that is the first time somebody has said that and i can believe it, personally as you can tell i just want a girl to give me a chance as i know i'm not brad pitt or anything but i would be a good guy to chat to with a good personality imo.
refreshing view point and that is the first time somebody has said that and i can believe it, personally as you can tell i just want a girl to give me a chance as i know i'm not brad pitt or anything but i would be a good guy to chat to with a good personality imo.

That's good to know. Really? The girl's you've come across must be absolutely terrible! Don't worry there are girls out there that care about other things about a person than just the physical appearance.
Reply 25
My last relationship was definitely an instant attraction on both parts, but it ended horribly six months later when we realised we actually didn't like each others personalities :biggrin:
I would say it has taken longer for me to become attracted to my current partner though. He said he liked me from the moment we met, whereas I only knew I liked him after a few dates. Personally, I think it's nicer this way because I've gotten to know him without the pressure of a full-on relationship :smile:
So yeah, on experience I think girls do take longer to get properly attracted to a guy.
That's good to know. Really? The girl's you've come across must be absolutely terrible! Don't worry there are girls out there that care about other things about a person than just the physical appearance.

most of the girls i meet are young and vain and obsessed with hot guys.
can you point me in the direction of these girls that care about other things.
most of the girls i meet are young and vain and obsessed with hot guys.
can you point me in the direction of these girls that care about other things.

I was one of them but I realised there's more to life than falling for hot guys who are divs. Lol I wish I could but there's no specific location that I can give you. You might have to kiss many frogs before you find your princess- cheesy I know.:biggrin: Don't let it get to you though. Keep your head up for that perfect girl awaits you.

I'm such a cheese-ball today don't know why. Hahaha:biggrin::biggrin:
I was one of them but I realised there's more to life than falling for hot guys who are divs. Lol I wish I could but there's no specific location that I can give you. You might have to kiss many frogs before you find your princess- cheesy I know.:biggrin: Don't let it get to you though. Keep your head up for that perfect girl awaits you.

I'm such a cheese-ball today don't know why. Hahaha:biggrin::biggrin:

yeah i thought you may say something like that, would have been great if you had said 'oh yeah the good girls are in leeds' for example. don't worry about sounding cheesy its a topic that often brings up statements like that, i like it myself your giving people hope
yeah i thought you may say something like that, would have been great if you had said 'oh yeah the good girls are in leeds' for example. don't worry about sounding cheesy its a topic that often brings up statements like that, i like it myself your giving people hope

Hahaha okay then, all the good girls are everywhere, you just have to look for them. I'm glad made me smile that has.:cute:
Hahaha okay then, all the good girls are everywhere, you just have to look for them. I'm glad made me smile that has.:cute:

i'm glad that i made you smile :smile:

this may be a bit wired i'm not quite sure but would you mind if we stayed in touch?
this may be a bit wired i'm not quite sure but would you mind if we stayed in touch?

Hahah not weird at all! Yeah no worries PM me.:smile:
Boys definitely get attracted to girls faster, as we are governed principally by two organ systems which sadly doesn't include the nervous one =D Full on relationships do seem like a scary prospect =(
Reply 34
Original post by ElephantineWill
Boys definitely get attracted to girls faster, as we are governed principally by two organ systems which sadly doesn't include the nervous one =D Full on relationships do seem like a scary prospect =(

Nice Will, nice :wink: you see, the true reason for your fast attraction is that you met me, and I'm perfect :biggrin:
Original post by Ezme39
Nice Will, nice :wink: you see, the true reason for your fast attraction is that you met me, and I'm perfect :biggrin:

Or maybe it is down to some wierd chemicals in the brain? =D
Reply 36
Original post by ElephantineWill
Or maybe it is down to some wierd chemicals in the brain? =D

Or maybe you just met an angel and couldn't handle it :biggrin:
Original post by Ezme39
Or maybe you just met an angel and couldn't handle it :biggrin:

Considering the guy you were with, not handling it could be a possibility :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending