The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Guys, don't know if this has already been answered so sorry if it has, but what does the letter/email confirming your work experience have to say? I have my interview next week and I'm asking people to write something to confirm I've done what I say I've done but I want to give them an idea of what they actually need to write!
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
Guys, don't know if this has already been answered so sorry if it has, but what does the letter/email confirming your work experience have to say? I have my interview next week and I'm asking people to write something to confirm I've done what I say I've done but I want to give them an idea of what they actually need to write!

Basically, ur work experiences have already reflected in ur PS. The letters from whoever u worked just need to confirm that u actually worked here. Make sure u r not bs in ur PS.
Original post by Simon@Simon
Basically, ur work experiences have already reflected in ur PS. The letters from whoever u worked just need to confirm that u actually worked here. Make sure u r not bs in ur PS.

Okay, thank you!
orchard hotel full...wherelse is convenient for QMC?
Reply 644
Can someone please tell me where it states that you need a signed passport photo, it's not on the ticket
Original post by cmfunk
Can someone please tell me where it states that you need a signed passport photo, it's not on the ticket

It's on the document with the checklist grid for your personal documents that you need to print off and take to the interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
any tips for the interview? Mine is in a week :smile:
Original post by suchika.garg
any tips for the interview? Mine is in a week :smile:

It's honestly not as bad as I was expecting - just stay calm but confident. Listen to what the interviewer is saying because their questions will be meant to help you :smile: Good luck!
Oh and make sure to arrive in plenty of time as some people turned up over half an hour late, which obviously didn't look good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 648
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422746238.861257.jpg

Found this on their website- does this mean ranking after interview is based entirely on interview?! It does imply that, but just wanted someone else's opinion!

I know it's probably really obvious, but interview did not go well, and I want some hope :frown:
Original post by luce'
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422746238.861257.jpg

Found this on their website- does this mean ranking after interview is based entirely on interview?! It does imply that, but just wanted someone else's opinion!

I know it's probably really obvious, but interview did not go well, and I want some hope :frown:

I'm afraid they do actually use interview as the only criteria (and UKCAT in few cases) :s-smilie:. However, to cheer you up I thought that my interview went so badly I actually applied to other countries to do medicine and then got early offer :smile:
Just waiting on notts now :s-smilie: got interviews at Liverpool and leicester but nottingham is my first choice, so fingers crossed! Hope I'm in with a chance (got score of 44 :/) what are the standards like this year for ukcat? I got a score of 2640 but not sure if that's enough, any advice?
Reply 651
Original post by Nottie
I'm afraid they do actually use interview as the only criteria (and UKCAT in few cases) :s-smilie:. However, to cheer you up I thought that my interview went so badly I actually applied to other countries to do medicine and then got early offer :smile:

Thanks for your reply!
It's kind of you to be encouraging, however interview is by far my weakest point :tongue:

Do you know if they give out offers and rejections at the same time? I.e. most given out mid-April with some early ones, or do they send out rejections earlier? I'm ridiculously impatient :tongue:
Original post by luce'
Thanks for your reply!
It's kind of you to be encouraging, however interview is by far my weakest point :tongue:

Do you know if they give out offers and rejections at the same time? I.e. most given out mid-April with some early ones, or do they send out rejections earlier? I'm ridiculously impatient :tongue:

It was interesting actually! Had my interview yesterday and they said they would give some responses in February and some in April... It kind of made me think that they may give some of the decisions out for this first group soon then people in the middle with the rest. It didn't really make sense because their applications procedure said that they would basically wait until the end and rank everyone then choose the top 400.

I am fine waiting though, hopefully it will be good news though!!! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luce'
Thanks for your reply!

Well last year they sent early offers end of March. Then on each Monday on April (and I think Tuesday too) they were sending offers. Rejections came last
Original post by Nottie
Well last year they sent early offers end of March. Then on each Monday on April (and I think Tuesday too) they were sending offers. Rejections came last

Oh okay! Thanks for letting us know :smile: My birthday is in the second week of April so it would be amazing to have good news! We'll have to wait and see! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 655
Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for a while! Hopefully the interview invitations have been coming thick and fast, and the first few rounds of interviews have gone well! How have people been finding the new format?
Hey!
I'm a first year medical student at Notts and thought I'd drop a quick post on here.
If you've got any questions about med schol/prep'ing for interviews feel free to ask :smile:

Haven't posted on here in ages but I've seen some of you's coming in for interview and it reminded me of the days I'd spend here eagerly trying to find hints/tips/clues etc

Good luck with applications!
Reply 657
They said all interviews are given out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mazzah
They said all interviews are given out

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know??
Reply 659
Original post by CLMartin
How do you know??

Because I emailed them to see if I had one and they said they have all been given out now and that they will notify people soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending