Original post by Amazing!!
AsalaamuAlaikum Wa rahmatallahi Wabarakhatu

Nice name... Sends a powerful message
Original post by ttaylor17
Nice name... Sends a powerful message

Thank you! :h:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu

First post straight on the isoc, old member?

Yep my first post on isoc.
yep old

Walaykumasalaam warahmatallahi wabarakhatu
Where has everyone prayed Jumuah, and with whom and what is the key message in the Kutbah you heard today? Share and inspire others
"Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. And good women are for good men and good men are for good women." [Noble Quran 24:26]

WaAlaikumAssalam Wa rahmatallahi Wabarakhatu

Welcome to ISOC. :smile:
Original post by K1NG93
WaAlaikumAssalam Wa rahmatallahi Wabarakhatu

Welcome to ISOC. :smile:

Thanks for ur warm welcome! :h:
Thanks for ur warm welcome! :h:

You are welcome :smile:
Akhi... This is beautiful... But can you please name your source... It will be helpful... Jazakallah

I've wrote this summary by hearing the tafseer of the surah by Noman ali khan. He describes the quran so beautifully please do listen.
There is not currently a written version of his tafseer in my knowledge, inshaAllah there will be one soon and I am trying to write small summaries like this and promoting where ever i can.

But subhanallah this Surah touch my heart wallahi akhi. And I hope it does to every one
Original post by Mary562
Where has everyone prayed Jumuah, and with whom and what is the key message in the Kutbah you heard today? Share and inspire others

Muslim youth foundation. Manchester city centre, lovely speach by a brother explaining the meaning of kalma e shahadat. Ashad o Anna ilaha ilallah wa ashado Anna muhammadan abduhu wa Rasoolu. Briefly it was how we really need to base our islam on this and how each teaching is in accordance with this kalma and is built on this.
Salam guys, I have a question relating to Nouman Ali Khan. I really enjoy his talks and lectures and particularly the illustrations. I think he's great for the youth however is his info enough? I feel like I'm missing out on things because he's mainly the person I listen to. Do you guys have any other suggestions of similar kind of people to listen to? Humorous and engaging?

😊
I have a question,
Is playing chess haraam according to Islam?
Original post by aishachoudhry
Salam guys, I have a question relating to Nouman Ali Khan. I really enjoy his talks and lectures and particularly the illustrations. I think he's great for the youth however is his info enough? I feel like I'm missing out on things because he's mainly the person I listen to. Do you guys have any other suggestions of similar kind of people to listen to? Humorous and engaging?

😊

Walaykum as salam sister there are many shuyookh out there not only Nouman ali khan No doubt he has a great amount of knowledge mashaAllah.

please check out the lectures by mufti menk,
Yousuf estes . You could go on youtube and subscribe to videos and channels such as .
merciful servant , digital mimbar, daily reminders. Let me know if you would like more . Jazakallah
I have a question,
Is playing chess haraam according to Islam?

I'm not sure but if it is wasting your time. When we could be doing ibadah or doing something gainful with our time. It would be better. As allah says In the quran.

WAl asr: he swears by time
innal insana lafi khuSr: the human is always in a state of loss. Khusr in arabic is a investment which we keep on putting in and keep on losing .. time is the investment we put in and we will never get it back . So yh
Original post by aishachoudhry

Wsalaam,

He is considered a great speaker and receives support & help from numerous people including Omar Suleiman for his videos, classes, etc. However, when it comes to being one of the most learned and knowledgeable scholars about, there are far better in that regards which we do not hear of as they are the ones still at Islamic universities learning and learning, but also teaching and passing on knowledge to the next generation of scholars/shakyhs, etc

But when it comes to teaching the masses of Muslims about Islam, he is considered one of the best especially his videos of being able to relate it to the young generation of English speaking Muslims. He is great at being able to convey the messages.

I would say a similar thing when it comes to Mufti Menk and Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, so there videos should help you. However if you want to progress further than this point where you start learning finer things. I would suggest courses held by someone like Sheikh Akram Nadwi, after that would be to go Madinah university or Al-Azhar.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

Salaam

I didn't go to ELM for jummah, but Sheikh Yasir Qadhi did the khutba today.

[video="youtube;GsBPV5_psj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBPV5_psj4[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2438
Original post by zubz91
Imagine you are a bedouin in the arab world. Your hobbies include sword fighting, horse riding etc.

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Wal'aadi yaati dabha
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ

1. وَٱلْعَٰدِيَٰتِ ضَبْحًا

If we compare horse riding with modern technology, we could compare this with a car. Allah mentions in the quran 'aladyat' now aladyat is known as the battle horse and not just any battle horse it is the female horse (mare). Which are known for their speed in battle.

We come to know that this is the most exotic sports car one of the best of its range if it is compared to modern day technology.

So, now we should know this being mentioned it catches the attention of the bedoin , as it's his favourite thing they are obsessed with the battle horse and it's qualities.

Now allah goes to describe the qualities of this horse. So he mentions, the word dabha Dabha in the Arabic language means fierce breathing. when will a person hear breathing of a horse? when the rider is on top of the horse and the horse is galloping so fast that its breathing can be heard by the rider. Again I would like to compare this to a magnificent sports car. The driver is in the car un aware of anything but the road ahead of him and his car. And we would compare the breathing to the Rev of the car Or when one changes gear and hears the vroom etc. would this not be a race drivers dream.?

Fal moori yaati qadha
2. فَٱلْمُورِيَٰتِ قَدْحً
To continue and to sketch a scene in the readers/listeners mind subhanallah allah subhana wata'ala describes this horse and his state of action as falmooryati qadha.

Qadha In the Arabic language has a few meanings in here it is used as the making of fire, friction which causes sparks. We understand by this the quran is mentioning that the horse is galloping so fast that his hooves touching stones In the ground are causing sparks. If we picture this in the mind of the bedouin he will be entranced by this scene and words.

Comparing this again just to see it more in this day worldly perspective. I would say, when the driver changes the gear in a sports car and it gives out a little spark from its exhaust does the driver not think he is invincible and wants to go even faster etc.

3. فَٱلْمُغِيرَٰتِ صُبْحً
Falmugheerat e subha Subhanallah. Allah Swt places such beauty in even one word one cannot even begin to comprehend.

Allah describes that this horse and the rider is galloping towards their enemy at day time. Not a fear In this world, as according to war strategists the best time to attack is at night but these riders are fearless of any repercussions and are ridng to attack the enemy like a pack of wolves preying for rabbits.

Fa atharna bihee naq'a
4. فَأَثَرْنَ بِهِۦ نَقْعًا

to increase the perception and imagination of the listener allah Swt says the word naq'a which allows us to see the riders from the enemies point of view this word means a cloud of dust created from fast travel. The enemy can now see a cloud of dust travelling to them at high speed

. فَوَسَطْنَ بِهِۦ جَمْعً
Fa wa satna bihi jam'a

allah Swt. carries on this enchanting and fascinating story this reader or listener is completely immersed and allah ta'ala explains that now the riders and horses have penetrated the enemy ranks. So now the riders are in between their enemy and the enemy is all around them.

You have to understand that this is all a description of a battle horse and it's qualities. At this moment the listener is admiring the battle mare . He is sayin wow how loyal is this horse it knows that the spear of the enemy will hurt itself before the rider but still it says determined and does not flinch and protects it's master.

Normally animal instincts cause the animal to run away at the sight of danger but this horse is trained by his master to stay firm.

Allah beautifully stops this and cuts the scene out and says what he wanted to say at the beginning but now he has the readers attention.

6. إِنَّ ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ لِرَبِّهِۦ لَكَنُو
Innal insana lirab bhi lakanood

Allah subhana wata'ala knows what the reader is thinking and he says that. Subhanallah

Hang on you are admiring this horse and how loyal he is to his master but in fact you have a master and you aren't very loyal or obedient at all.

This renders the listener speachless. This point hits the listeners heart in such away that he is unable to disagree

Oh my! This is so beautifully deep. SubhanAllah!!

May Allah bless bayyinah institute for making the Quran accessible like this to us, explaining it in terms that we understand without taking away the depth and beauty of the message.
(edited 9 years ago)

Spoiler

Akhi... This is beautiful... But can you please name your source... It will be helpful... Jazakallah

Original post by zubz91
I've wrote this summary by hearing the tafseer of the surah by Noman ali khan. He describes the quran so beautifully please do listen.
There is not currently a written version of his tafseer in my knowledge, inshaAllah there will be one soon and I am trying to write small summaries like this and promoting where ever i can.

But subhanallah this Surah touch my heart wallahi akhi. And I hope it does to every one

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

I know a website (thanks to the Isoc members here) about the tafseer and linguistic miracles of the Quran.

Hope it helps us to get closer to Allah (swt) :biggrin:

Here's a link: http://www.linguisticmiracle.com/tafsir/adiyaat

Latest

Trending

Trending