The Student Room Group

how much of your student loan..............?

how much of your student living cost loan do you pay for things not including rent? i.e. food clothes going out toiletries all that shizz.

or do like a full breakdown in youre really bored. my mate says he has spent £300 on that stuff so far which seems like nothing to me im just curious what everyone elses is :cool:
Reply 1
After my rent, I get just £180 for the entire year :frown:
Original post by MattDowse
After my rent, I get just £180 for the entire year :frown:

that happened to my friend so she took a gap year and worked to save now shes minted compared to everyone else. do you have a part time job/help from ur folks or anythin?
I cannot give the exact figure but most of the time, it is purely on train tickets, petrol, TV licence, gym membership and basic necessities. I have a job which just about pays my rent every month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My loan leaves me with about 40 a week to live on once rent is taken out. I rarely spend 40 a week though lol
Reply 5
Original post by stoodentroumsux
that happened to my friend so she took a gap year and worked to save now shes minted compared to everyone else. do you have a part time job/help from ur folks or anythin?

£100 per month, which mostly goes on food/going out.
The state of my overdraft terrifies me.

I've worked before, but I'm not right now. Find working to be really stressful, so decided to get settled into uni first.
Half of my student finance every payment goes towards rent.

I've got a full breakdown but I'm not going to share it on TSR. Basically I end up with about £600/month to live on but I work 19 hours a week too. :smile:
Reply 7
I get near enough £7000 in loans, grants and bursary's. So if we divide by ten for ten months for ease then we get £700 per month. Rent takes up £240 which is near 35%, spending on food, toiletries, direct debits, travel and drinking money adds up to £300 per month which is a little over 40%. In theory i should be saving £100 per month but that tends to be spent.
I average spending about £500-£600 per term (so 10 weeks, Cambridge). I get a decent amount from student loan, about £5800, and then £1000 bursary plus £950 in rent deductions for the year from my college/the uni. I'm so well off financially here than I would have been anywhere else, and I never quite realised I would be til I got here! Then I work in the summer and sometimes in vacation.
Reply 9
I get just over 1k after my rent comes out of my student finance. Most of that goes on food. I'm a good saver though, so I saved up to buy a Macbook Pro with my last loan. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending