The Student Room Group

Is AS Lit hard?

Okay, so I have decided to take literature as English is one of my favourite subjects, because I excel in it... But I am worried that Lit is going to be too difficult. Can anyone tell me what you do in literature AS?

I decided English AS because I simply feel it will be the most difficult, and really, I don't want to drop any other subjects.

Just a side note, I made the desicion myself so I am solely responsible for this choice.

Thanks!
Original post by abrack
Okay, so I have decided to take literature as English is one of my favourite subjects, because I excel in it... But I am worried that Lit is going to be too difficult. Can anyone tell me what you do in literature AS?

I decided English AS because I simply feel it will be the most difficult, and really, I don't want to drop any other subjects.

Just a side note, I made the desicion myself so I am solely responsible for this choice.

Thanks!

Depends how heavy your other subjects are really. I take AS english lit as well as Biology and Geography and English is probably my favourite Alevel even though I only got a B at GCSE, I got a B in my mock a few weeks ago and I haven't done much extra reading. The coursework is stressful because it's very independent but I absolutely love the course.

I'm currently studying Jane Eyre and poetry by Emily Dickinson for the exam, and poetry by Carol Ann Duffy, A play called 'a streetcar named desire' and the handmaids tale for coursework.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!
Original post by abrack

Thanks!

I do lit. I got an A* at gcse. I find it quite difficult, there's a lot of work involved. I do carol Ann Duffy, far away, and the handmaids tale for coursework and Jane Eyre and Emily dickenson for the exam. Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelimoo
Depends how heavy your other subjects are really. I take AS english lit as well as Biology and Geography and English is probably my favourite Alevel even though I only got a B at GCSE, I got a B in my mock a few weeks ago and I haven't done much extra reading. The coursework is stressful because it's very independent but I absolutely love the course.

I'm currently studying Jane Eyre and poetry by Emily Dickinson for the exam, and poetry by Carol Ann Duffy, A play called 'a streetcar named desire' and the handmaids tale for coursework.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!

Original post by WriterOfWrongs
I do lit. I got an A* at gcse. I find it quite difficult, there's a lot of work involved. I do carol Ann Duffy, far away, and the handmaids tale for coursework and Jane Eyre and Emily dickenson for the exam. Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much guys! When I go into 6th form, we have a period of time where you can drop a subject if you're not happy with it. If I do not like it, I may consider dropping it for either geography or Language.

Thanks again! :smile:
Original post by abrack
Thanks very much guys! When I go into 6th form, we have a period of time where you can drop a subject if you're not happy with it. If I do not like it, I may consider dropping it for either geography or Language.

Thanks again! :smile:

No problem, and good idea, that's what I did ended up dropping chemistry in the first month!
No problem, and good idea, that's what I did ended up dropping chemistry in the first month!

Quick question, what was the catch up on the subject you changed for like? Did you have to do the work in free periods?
Original post by abrack
Quick question, what was the catch up on the subject you changed for like? Did you have to do the work in free periods?

Wasn't too bad, and yeah I worked in my frees to catch up and went to the lessons to learn the new stuff with everyone else.
Wasn't too bad, and yeah I worked in my frees to catch up and went to the lessons to learn the new stuff with everyone else.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending