The Student Room Group

How to revise for Chemistry OCR A at AS?

How do you revise for/do well in AS Chemistry? As my teacher is not particularly good, I am also having to self-teach a chunk of the course. I would love to get an A or B, but realistically a B.

I have several different textbooks. The My Revision Notes Chemistry AS OCR A book, the advanced science - chemistry book, OCR AS chemistry textbook by Rob Ritchie and the other OCR AS chemistry textbook which is a brown colour with a fire on the front by CGP. Are these resources enough to get an A or B grade?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by BIOCH3M
How do you revise for/do well in AS Chemistry? As my teacher is not particularly good, I am also having to self-teach a chunk of the course. I would love to get an A or B, but realistically a B.

I have several different textbooks. The My Revision Notes Chemistry AS OCR A book, the advanced science - chemistry book, OCR AS chemistry textbook by Rob Ritchie and the other OCR AS chemistry textbook which is a brown colour with a fire on the front by CGP. Are these resources enough to get an A or B grade?

I forgot to ask if anybody knew of any workbooks that I could use for chemistry for practise?
Use chemguide.

With the specification in hand.

Then smash out past papers.
Reply 3
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Use chemguide.

How did you do in AS/A2 chemistry and how did you find it?
Use chemguide.

Same works for A level
Original post by BIOCH3M
How did you do in AS/A2 chemistry and how did you find it?

I'm in A2 Year now. AS was nice and simple, I got a high A. And am going to study chemistry (well NatSci hopefully) at uni

Original post by binarythoughts
Same works for A level

This is a level?

This is a level?

I meant A2
Original post by binarythoughts
I meant A2

Ah, yeah for all of a level it should work!
Reply 8
Bump
My old chemistry teacher swore that the best way to revise is to do as much papers as you can.

Perhaps with your first few, attempt to do it without a revision guide, and if you get stuck, refer to your revision guide and make quick notes.

Some questions can be rather tricky for calculations. A lot of the time, it can be a good idea to use 2 pens for this. Do your working in black pen, and then in green pen, write down what you are doing, and why (For instance. explain that you multiplied by 24 because 1 gaseous mole occupies 24dm^3)

Quick Reply

Latest