Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Primary Education - Liverpool Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Akh2
Ahhhh i had my interview at hope on wednesday and i've just been accepted!!! Can't stop crying!!! Hope everyone else has good news 🙈💕

I had mine on Wednesday and I have a conditional offer for it :smile:
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 61
Yay well done!! Xx
Original post by Cha_96
I got out at 3.30. It could have been quicker because there was ALOT of waiting around. Just don't rush the presentation. Include everything and sound enthusiastic. We never got the chance to ask questions, so try and make an impression in the presentation.
by the way, you no the task 3 which is the presentation, do you have to make an object or can you just pick anything?
Reply 63
Original post by vicki814
by the way, you no the task 3 which is the presentation, do you have to make an object or can you just pick anything?

It doesn't have to be an object you can use a poem, book,song, something you have made yourself. Just be inventive as long as you have something in your hand to use to present then it doesn't matter.
Original post by Cha_96
It doesn't have to be an object you can use a poem, book,song, something you have made yourself. Just be inventive as long as you have something in your hand to use to present then it doesn't matter.
so if i was to use a song from the internet and then wrote it down and decorate it, something like that?
Reply 65
so if i was to use a song from the internet and then wrote it down and decorate it, something like that?
Yeah but you have to explain why you chose it and why you decorated it.
Original post by Cha_96
Yeah but you have to explain why you chose it and why you decorated it.
could you give any advice for the task 1 which has to be done for the interview before hand?
Original post by Akh2
Yay well done!! Xx
any advice for the hope interview regards to the three tasks which have to be done beforehand and the day itself, any advice would be grateful
Reply 68
could you give any advice for the task 1 which has to be done for the interview before hand?

Task 1 is really simple. Just think of a lesson that you have observed and say what you thought was good about it for example did you like that the teacher was organised? Was it planned well? They aren't really any wrong answers it is just your opinion.
Reply 69
Task one is literally what you think is important in. Classroom so like enthusiasm etc then put them in order amd write why its important xxxx
Original post by Akh2
Task one is literally what you think is important in. Classroom so like enthusiasm etc then put them in order amd write why its important xxxx
what type of questions did they ask you in your one to one interview?xx
Reply 71
Ermm, why do you want to be a teacher, and alot of mine was questions about experience. So if your in a placement you will be fine. It was only 10 questions but Not everyone questihas the same questions. They have a sheet infront of them and each person in your group from task 3 has different ones. My group was lovely so when we were coming out we were telling each other what we got asked and i think the only common question was why do you want to be a teacher. Just be you, they are really nice and are there to help you not catch you out you will be fine xx
Reply 72
Haha sorry was half asleep when i wrote the last message
Original post by Akh2
Haha sorry was half asleep when i wrote the last message ������������
that is okay
Hiya,

I've got my interview for Primary Education at Hope tomorrow. I'm so nervous! It's my first choice so I really want to get in. Think I've got everything prepared, but of course I'm a bit nervous about the exams (but already done and passed the professional skills test), and hoping my object choice is good!

:smile:
Reply 75
Ahh good luck! Honestly good luck don't worry the maths was just a, b, c or d and they were easy. The english was just watch a video and write what you think was good about the teacher. The lady said it is mainly to see how your handwriting and spelling is as you have to write on boards etc xx
Original post by Akh2
Ahh good luck! Honestly good luck don't worry the maths was just a, b, c or d and they were easy. The english was just watch a video and write what you think was good about the teacher. The lady said it is mainly to see how your handwriting and spelling is as you have to write on boards etc xx

Thank you, that makes me feel so much better! Did they get back to you quite quickly?
I'm not the worst in the world at maths but it's just being examined on it that's the stressful part so knowing that it's multiple choice is so much better! I've heard good things about their interviews-that they're really nice and welcoming. Fingers crossed.
I've been revising curriculum and educational issues as well as english and maths today! Just to get me feeling prepared.
Reply 77
Yeah i had my interview last wednesday and had an email on friday. Cried for 40 mins i was so happy haha. They are sooooo nice they literally tell you to keep calm and not worry. They help you through your questions in the interview too which is nice. What subject have you chosen ? X
That's great to hear! Well done :smile:
I'd love for it to be that quick. I'm doing the Primary PGCE so it's not subject specific, I would have loved to have done a history/geography/RS based one as an undergraduate though.
Reply 79
Ah thats fab i'm doing RS i can't wait x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending