The Student Room Group

What to wear for Y10 Work Experience?

I have work experience at an infant school and pretty much all I've been told is to dress smartly and jeans aren't allowed. This isn't really helpful to me, since I am clueless when it comes down to what to wear, and since I've been told your appearance is your first impression, I want to at least look presentable.
Usually I just wear things like skinny jeans and a shirt, which is obviously not going to be suitable. Also shoes, too. I only really wear Doc Martens so I assume I'd have to buy some flats (which I find really uncomfortable) unless there are any other shoes that are presentable enough?

Like I said, I'm clueless when it comes down to this sort of thing. :biggrin:

(Thank you in advance).
Original post by JB98
I have work experience at an infant school and pretty much all I've been told is to dress smartly and jeans aren't allowed. This isn't really helpful to me, since I am clueless when it comes down to what to wear, and since I've been told your appearance is your first impression, I want to at least look presentable.
Usually I just wear things like skinny jeans and a shirt, which is obviously not going to be suitable. Also shoes, too. I only really wear Doc Martens so I assume I'd have to buy some flats (which I find really uncomfortable) unless there are any other shoes that are presentable enough?

Like I said, I'm clueless when it comes down to this sort of thing. :biggrin:

(Thank you in advance).

Ive done work experience and placements at schools. Usually, ive worn black trousers, and a blouse. And then some black shoes (decent looking). This has been fine and ive never had any issues.
Reply 2
Yeah. Just dress smartly. Blouse, trousers or a decent length dress/ skirt. Nothing too bright, like neon and stuff.

Try not to show too much flesh or wear loose straps, especially in a catholic school. Suitable foot wear like flats will do.

The easiest thing is to study what teachers wear at your school , ha ha! :smile:
That's what I did!
(edited 9 years ago)
Docs in a sensible colour and sensible laces are probably OK imo - if anyone asks you could say you twisted your ankle and need to wear something supportive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending