The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nayilgervinho
Just got my offer for maths with economics yesterday at 12. So happy!!

Congratulations! What were your AS stats (If you don't mind my asking)?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Did anyone receive offers/updated emails for any of the four courses: BSc Economics, BSc International Relations, BSc Social Policy and Economics, and BSc Politics and International Relations? (I applied on January 15th and I got my updated wait 8 weeks message for all but Economics... should I be worried?)
I'm from Australia and applied to PPE and just got my 8 week email. Can someone please explain this emailing system to me
Original post by jinglewingle
I'm from Australia and applied to PPE and just got my 8 week email. Can someone please explain this emailing system to me

It's the stage where the person deciding whether you get the spot or not starts reading your application. The best thing to do for now is to chill, get occupied with other things until you see another email from LSE pops up.
Original post by GraceYim
Did anyone receive offers/updated emails for any of the four courses: BSc Economics, BSc International Relations, BSc Social Policy and Economics, and BSc Politics and International Relations? (I applied on January 15th and I got my updated wait 8 weeks message for all but Economics... should I be worried?)

I received an offer for Bsc Economics this week, but I applied in back in October. So no need to worry, just sit tight and enjoy the ride.
Original post by dmirza1996
Congratulations! What were your AS stats (If you don't mind my asking)?

An A for Maths and a B for History but for Further Maths I'm finishing 4/6 modules to complete the A-Level.
Original post by StudyNow
I've checked and still nothing. Should I email them or just wait.

If I were you I would email if you havn't revived anything for 13 weeks.
Reply 3027
Original post by MrBowcat
I received an offer for Bsc Economics this week, but I applied in back in October. So no need to worry, just sit tight and enjoy the ride.

I applied for the same course in October as well. If you dont mind me asking, what is your stat like?
Original post by benq
What further info is it that they enquired about? I'm also sort of a post A-level applicant.

I read Econ at UCL last year so they were just asking about my grades :smile:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I read Econ at UCL last year so they were just asking about my grades :smile:

How come you left UCL?
Original post by tomixox
How come you left UCL?

Didn't enjoy the course I was doing. Wanted to switch but their History course isn't something I was a fan of, so decided to leave and take a year out to apply elsewhere
Original post by FMW96
I applied for the same course in October as well. If you dont mind me asking, what is your stat like?

Sure. GCSEs 11A* AS:AAAB A2Predictions: A*A*A*A
Huge week, my 4 weeks expire on Friday, but it's okay because I won't be thinking about it all the time, 24/7, wondering if I could have done more
Original post by alapalooza
Yep, conditional. Thanks :colondollar: Erm GCSEs 2As, 11A*s and A at Add. Maths FSMQ, 2 As at AS (I do four A Levels and two of them are linear so I only had two ASs to do). And my prediction was A*A*A* A Level and D1 for Pre-U (German)

wow!
Original post by StudyNow
It has been 13 weeks since the 8 week email and I haven't received a rejection/offer/4 week email. What happens!

Hello! I've also applied to econ on 12 Oct and got the 8 weeks email on 23 Oct and nothing since (except for the christmas email with the additional 2 weeks). I don't know what is happening :|
Original post by GraceYim

Applied for Social Policy and Sociology in late Nov. Got the 2 week email, followed by the 8 week email on the 19th of Dec. Still waiting.
Original post by mindispoison
Hello! I've also applied to econ on 12 Oct and got the 8 weeks email on 23 Oct and nothing since (except for the christmas email with the additional 2 weeks). I don't know what is happening :|
what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by jakepro94
Applied for Social Policy and Sociology in late Nov. Got the 2 week email, followed by the 8 week email on the 19th of Dec. Still waiting.

Thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I was just going to ask what your grades were but someone beat me to it :smile:

Sure. GCSEs 11A* AS:AAAB A2Predictions: A*A*A*A

Do you know what this is converted to the IB grading system? I'm from Canada and we dont have the GCSEs... and also did your UCAS application track update at all before you got your offer? Mines just remained the sames since the day I applied...
Original post by Bob Ni
have u got ur offer yet?

hey!
I'm revelry26 :P i couldn't reset my password so i made a new account. I know i'm replying late but no i haven't received an offer yet. Have you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending