The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Brilliant goal that was, Watford have tried but can't help but feel the referee ruined it a bit there. How that Watford player just then didn't even get a card for that challenge, I will never know.

That was a horrific tackle. Some were saying it balances out the red in the first minute but not when there's 90+ minutes between the incidents
Original post by TornadoGR4
That was a horrific tackle. Some were saying it balances out the red in the first minute but not when there's 90+ minutes between the incidents

Well the first one never a red card, but that last one at the end was an absolute shocker.
Disgusted. Annoyed. Automatic promotion hopes likely down the drain.

However, I hope we win our remaining 18 games, finish top of the table, and then every first team member do a lap of the pitch wearing '**** you Lee Probert' shirts. There's crap decisions, and then there's that. Second time this year we've had a wrong sending off in the first five minutes, both against promotion rivals. When will the FA get their heads out of their arses and sort this **** out. The fact Probert has refereed an FA Cup final gives me hope that I can be US President someday.

If Angella goes, so does Arter in the first half and Pudil gets a ten match ban for his last minute challenge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Brentford v 'Boro at 12:15 certainly seems an Interesting game. Brentford just keep surprising.

Huddersfield v Leeds kick off at 12:30. Avoiding defeat should be minimum, and I'm liking this new 4-5-1 Redfearn is playing. Pushing Byram further forward is far more effective for the team as a whole, he's one of the very few creative players we've got.
First blood to Middlesbrough after Brentford gave away a penalty.
We've played much better but that lapse in concentration was unforgivable. Anyone else watching on Sky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
We've played much better but that lapse in concentration was unforgivable. Anyone else watching on Sky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye. Middlesbrough just seem to have that luck on their side. I fancy Brentford to nick a draw

Leeds once again conceding. It's like we're immune to clean sheets. We never perform well against Huddersfield so I'd take a draw.
Original post by Jangrafess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I been watching it, I am surprised Brentford weren't already out of sight before the penalty, was a silly one to give a way

Aye. Middlesbrough just seem to have that luck on their side. I fancy Brentford to nick a draw

Leeds once again conceding. It's like we're immune to clean sheets. We never perform well against Huddersfield so I'd take a draw.

Problem Brentford have now chasing the game is Middlesbrough do look dangerous on the break
I feel a bit unhappy with that result but we're still up there. We weren't that effective in the second half.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Middlesbrough were never gonna be as bad as they were in the first half, although they defended well. Somehow that ball stayed out in that last minute scramble.
MK going top of League One as it stands! :smile:
(Still early in the day, I know. :colondollar:)
Also mention that Leeds won the West Yorkshire derby game today 2-1 at Huddersfield.
Original post by alex_hk90
MK going top of League One as it stands! :smile:
(Still early in the day, I know. :colondollar:)

2-0 now for you
Original post by Rock Fan
2-0 now for you

3-0 now. :biggrin: I'm listening online and it sounds incredibly comfortable for us. :yep:
2 goals for Devante Cole (Andy Cole's son) - on loan to us from Man City.
Original post by alex_hk90
3-0 now. :biggrin: I'm listening online and it sounds incredibly comfortable for us. :yep:
2 goals for Devante Cole (Andy Cole's son) - on loan to us from Man City.

If he is gonna be anything like his father, he will be a right goal machine, Crewe are absolutely struggling this season.
4-0 now to MK Dons

Its about time we got a season with some luck, for the past few seasons we had performances where we played well and still lost. I'll take a few lucky wins instead!

Can't speak for our performance for most of the game myself. Caught the last few minutes on sky after I came out of the chip shop and walked past a tv store :biggrin: Typical nervy finish from boro, that is something else we need to work on. Still, 3 points and a clean sheet, FA cup blues avoided. Can't complain frankly.

Now just to see where other results fall...
We like to make it hard on ourselves but a win's a win. Shame that Charlton are beating Rotherham, could've done with those drawing, and Millwall too, surely time up for Pearce now?
Charlton conceding late on just dropped them from 12th to 18th in the table :eek:
Looks like MK Dons will be top of League 1 tonight, Sheffield United are beating Swindon 2-0, anyone know why it kicked off so late there?

Quick Reply

Latest