The Student Room Group

Do you agree every possible career is boring?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rugar Rell
None of you have provided any real counter argument. Yes being an RAF pilot doesn't sound boring, but think about the stress you will be under, you ****up once and that's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

However stress doesn't make it boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
every job we do is boring everything I do is boring life is boring i hate life i want to die

well that escalated quickly
Reply 42
If you think that working is boring, what alternative do you think is better? Because humans need to be kept busy, and so unemployment is going to be even more boring.
Reply 43
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
every job we do is boring everything I do is boring life is boring i hate life i want to die

well that escalated quickly

Calm Smash, calm :tongue: And you sounded pretty into your future career! If there is one thing you can't accuse kids of being it is boring :wink:
Original post by lucaf
Calm Smash, calm :tongue: And you sounded pretty into your future career! If there is one thing you can't accuse kids of being it is boring :wink:

kids are boring all they ever do is go off on tangents about non-events and pick their nose

:tongue:
Reply 46
im guessing u never went uni....?
Reply 47
Original post by Shakz
im guessing u never went uni....?

Wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by lucaf
If you think that working is boring, what alternative do you think is better? Because humans need to be kept busy, and so unemployment is going to be even more boring.

Clearly you don't own an XBOX One.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Clearly you don't own an XBOX One.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sitting on your arse playing on an xbox presumably paid for with other peoples money makes you a deeper person than everyone else? :wink:
Reply 50
Original post by rugar rell
clearly you don't own an xbox one.

posted from tsr mobile

ps4 ftw:d
Reply 51
Stressful boring.

Good pay boring.
Reply 52
Original post by lucaf
So sitting on your arse playing on an xbox presumably paid for with other peoples money makes you a deeper person than everyone else? :wink:

Silly mug I work...ACTUALLY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Silly mug I work...ACTUALLY

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you couldn't have an xbox if you didn't work, which brings me back to...

Original post by lucaf
Investment Banking is super fun.
Na, you gotta make it fun.
I could see myself getting bored doing most jobs. So I've just chosen a career that's varied enough so I hopefully won't be.
Every day will be the same old tripe.. Its not the career, its the every day performance that just happens day in and day out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone on here is depressing. Lots of people start careers, enjoy them, and continue to enjoy them. Obviously every job has downs as well as ups, you just have to make sure you like the enjoyable parts.

Personally, to answer OP, I'd rather have some stress than an unimportant, unfulfilling job. I've done some bits of stress-free part time work before and found it utterly soul destroying. I couldn't do a job in which I didn't have any room to excel, exercise some creativity and thought, etc.
A job is boring only because either: a) you are boring or b) you make it look boring. My job is very repetitive, I do same things over and over again but I still don't find it boring.

Quick Reply

Latest