The Student Room Group

Immigration.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saayagain
You're lost. You belong in the 19 hundreds.

That isn't an argument. Until you make an actual argument I will not be talking to you again.
Original post by william walker
What is culture? It is the legacy of your ancestors. That is why legacy and ancestors matter. It isn't always the dominant factor, but in each case it matters. Which is why a British person who's parents were both Irish becomes a member of the IRA. Or a British person who's parents were both Pakistani joins ISIL. Yet a person who's parents were Presbyterian doesn't join ISIL or IRA.

Ronnie Bunting was born to a hardline Protestant loyalist family, yet he founded and led INLA.

Some wars are particularly ethno-culturally charged and polarised, it's true, but plenty aren't (some are ideological, and some are just about plain old greed), and even in those that are people can be found not fighting on the side their background would suggest.

I don't really have time to give a full explanation of ethnic conflict, but to simplify, ethnicity tends to be a characteristic rather than a cause of wars, and it's something that has to be invoked rather than just suddenly becoming salient.
Original post by anarchism101
Ronnie Bunting was born to a hardline Protestant loyalist family, yet he founded and led INLA.

Some wars are particularly ethno-culturally charged and polarised, it's true, but plenty aren't (some are ideological, and some are just about plain old greed), and even in those that are people can be found not fighting on the side their background would suggest.

I don't really have time to give a full explanation of ethnic conflict, but to simplify, ethnicity tends to be a characteristic rather than a cause of wars, and it's something that has to be invoked rather than just suddenly becoming salient.

Was he an Anglican or an Atheist? Wars happen for a number of reasons and people take part in them for different reasons. There were major political differences between groups some wanting communism, others republicanism, others nationalism. That is just within the anti-British state people. We saw this in the English civil war with sons fighting fathers and bothers fighting each other. As I said legacy is a factor, but is isn't always the deciding factor. None the less it matters.

Some Greek guy said wars happen for three reason perceived self interest, honor and fear.
Those riots if the happened would be put down. However you could have a family loophole, so most the ethnic minorities wouldn't care as their families could still join them if they wanted. Also by trying to cut emigration number you are also making it harder for ethnic minorities to leave or be forced to leave the British nation state, meaning they have great protect of their place in Britain.

Yes the government would have to word it carefully to manipulate people in correct way.

They already have. Their attempt to cut non-EU migration was a poor way of saying, reduce non-white immigrants.

Some voters can read between the lines
Original post by Native To Europe
i prefer white immigration because they share similar cultures, shared history and so on. it does not mean that i am against non white immigration but i do think we should favour immigrants that are a European and i do not think this is anything other than sensible.

The only immigration that i think should be banned is immigration from Muslim countries for very obvious reasons

Words like bigoted and racist are now meaningless to me so you can shout and scream those words as much as you want.

I feel the same about white settlers in South Africa. We don't share the same culture or COLOUR (yeah the thing u were tryna avoid) but cult

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same way about white people in africa
Original post by democracyforum
They already have. Their attempt to cut non-EU migration was a poor way of saying, reduce non-white immigrants.

Some voters can read between the lines

But they didn't cut it though did they? If they had actually cut immigration from outside the EU then you and all the other Oikophobs would have a point. Instead the government said they were doing to something and did nothing. Since the government can't be held to account by any other institution they can get away with their lies.

Yes I see the government lies. Says it will do something, but does nothing.
Original post by radicalboujie
I feel the same about white settlers in South Africa. We don't share the same culture or COLOUR (yeah the thing u were tryna avoid) but cult

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't really be saying the Afrikaners aren't African. They have been their for centuries and are as African as any Black person. They should really have their own state in Africa, indeed they did. The Rhodesians and British Africans are British and should return home, in fact every effort should be undertaken by the British state bring these people and their families home.
You can't really be saying the Afrikaners aren't African. They have been their for centuries and are as African as any Black person. They should really have their own state in Africa, indeed they did. The Rhodesians and British Africans are British and should return home, in fact every effort should be undertaken by the British state bring these people and their families home.

Yeah because colonialism and racial segregation and white supremacy was not the advantage???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah because colonialism and racial segregation and white supremacy was not the advantage???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not talking about Apartheid. Or colonialism. There are white African peoples.
I am not talking about Apartheid. Or colonialism. There are white African peoples.

Yes arab north africans and a few arab africans scattered in East Africa but white people have never been indigenous in africa especially white Europeans. Same as saying Pakistanis in the uk that came over during ww2 deserve to live here (even though yall are willing to deport them) so yh alot of double standards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes arab north africans and a few arab africans scattered in East Africa but white people have never been indigenous in africa especially white Europeans. Same as saying Pakistanis in the uk that came over during ww2 deserve to live here (even though yall are willing to deport them) so yh alot of double standards

Posted from TSR Mobile

So Arabs who dominate parts of North and East Africa and have done so for centuries are not African in your view.

No because those people only just moved to Britain. The people in Africa have been living their for centuries.
Personally, I don't think that immigration is a problem, if it was I would be talking about myself and other people like me who are immigrants. Hello, as much as I like my home country. I wouldn't want immigration to be told I can't stay because "you are not from here."
So Arabs who dominate parts of North and East Africa and have done so for centuries are not African in your view.

No because those people only just moved to Britain. The people in Africa have been living their for centuries.

It's a bit of a far fetch when you consider white Europeans built their wealth by colonising AFRICA,
stealing AFRICAN resources,
Stolen african art and gold in your British musems,
Stolen african gold and diamonds on your precious Queens Head.
So yeah i applaud Robert mugabe for taking away white Europeans land who built their money over enslaving africans. I don't care if they were some great great old ancestors, ignoring your history is insulting and also the fact that this thread is all about white British folks tryna keep their country minus us african people.
So check your privilege

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a bit of a far fetch when you consider white Europeans built their wealth by colonising AFRICA,
stealing AFRICAN resources,
Stolen african art and gold in your British musems,
Stolen african gold and diamonds on your precious Queens Head.
So yeah i applaud Robert mugabe for taking away white Europeans land who built their money over enslaving africans. I don't care if they were some great great old ancestors, ignoring your history is insulting and also the fact that this thread is all about white British folks tryna keep their country minus us african people.
So check your privilege

Posted from TSR Mobile

So the Polish and Russians were colonising Africa were they? No it was specific nations within Europe who were doing it. Along with Turkish, Indians and Arabs. However you don't seem to mention those people? Also you fail to mention that European colonialism came after centuries of trade between the Europeans and Africans, this trade lead to economic interests for the Europeans which they sort to protect. This is where colonialism comes from. It wasn't about resources or racism, it was simply about economics.

I hate the Queen, just so you know.

Mugabe didn't even want to take away British peoples farms in Rhodesia, he was forced by the veterans. He isn't really a bad man, beyond economic mistakes. Also the British government taking away funding for the land buy back program was a major issue. So I actually blame the British government for the violence against the British people in Rhodesia, more than I blame Mugabe. Then again the British government has never really cared about its people.

No this thread is about people in Britain seeking to maintain their legacy. It has nothing to do with keeping non-white people out.
It's not even on the cards for any political party to stop Muslim/Arab or African immigration.

Britain is set to be a Muslim majority by 2050 and a white minority by 2066, it would be political suicide at this point for any party to speak up against this......... If you want my advice you should just leave, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but pack your bags and jump ship. It's exactly what I am going to do

If not you have to ask yourself a very real question about the future of this UK.

Which white minority country should we aspire to be like ?

and

Which Muslim majority country should we aspire to be like ?

If you can't think of a Muslim majority, white minority country that you would want to live in head for greener pastures ASAP. Because things are going to get much, much worse with regards to these non-indigenous demographics as they become the majority over the next few decades.

The terror attacks yet to befall us should send a chill up your spine, if not a question of 'if' but 'when'. The systematic rape and grooming gangs of Muslims targeting non-Muslims is only going to spiral out of control alongside the violence against non-Muslims. This is to say nothing of the black gang culture.

Whoever done this to England should be hung for treason !
(edited 9 years ago)

erm, Afrikaneers do not consider themselves African, they consider themselves European
Original post by JohnCrichton89
It's not even on the cards for any political party to stop Muslim/Arab or African immigration.

Britain is set to be a Muslim majority by 2050 and a white minority by 2066, it would be political suicide at this point for any party to speak up against this......... If you want my advice you should just leave, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but pack your bags and jump ship. It's exactly what I am going to do

If not you have to ask yourself a very real question about the future of this UK.

Which white minority country should we aspire to be like ?

and

Which Muslim majority country should we aspire to be like ?

If you can't think of a Muslim majority, white minority country that you would want to live in head for greener pastures ASAP. Because things are going to get much, much worse with regards to these non-indigenous demographics as they become the majority over the next few decades.

The terror attacks yet to befall us should send a chill up your spine, if not a question of 'if' but 'when'. The systematic rape and grooming gangs of Muslims targeting non-Muslims is only going to spiral out of control alongside the violence against non-Muslims. This is to say nothing of the black gang culture.

Whoever done this to England should be hung for treason !

The multiculturist scumbags who who inflicted this on our society sacrificed our children to rape to appease multiculturalism.

We are dealing with multicultural psycho paths
Was he an Anglican or an Atheist?

I can't find out what denomination he was, but Bunting's father was a UPV branch leader, DUP (or PUP as it was then) parliamentary candidate and a close associate of Ian Paisley.

Wars happen for a number of reasons and people take part in them for different reasons. There were major political differences between groups some wanting communism, others republicanism, others nationalism. That is just within the anti-British state people. We saw this in the English civil war with sons fighting fathers and bothers fighting each other. As I said legacy is a factor, but is isn't always the deciding factor. None the less it matters.

In plenty of civil wars there are family members fighting each other. Given that they're almost completely lack in some conflicts, it makes more sense to say that ethno-cultural polarisation is a characteristic of some conflicts, rather than their cause.

Posted from TSR Mobile

where are you living? I take it you are SA Africa ?
Original post by Native To Europe
where are you living? I take it you are SA Africa ?

I have lots of family there but nope I'm somali

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending