The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Looks like MK Dons will be top of League 1 tonight, Sheffield United are beating Swindon 2-0, anyone know why it kicked off so late there?

No idea but its been a near-perfect day for MK Dons - 5-0 away win, both Swindon and Preston losing, top of the table for this evening at least. :woo: :h:
Good win for Hartlepools, but what on earth is going on at Leyton Orient?
Dons are having a disgustingly good season.

Them, Swindon and Bristol to go up, surely?
3 points, clean sheet, happy days.
Original post by Mackay
Dons are having a disgustingly good season.

Them, Swindon and Bristol to go up, surely?

Hopefully it will be, but we have a 0% record in the playoffs so unless we get one of the automatic places I wouldn't be overly confident.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Charlton conceding late on just dropped them from 12th to 18th in the table :eek:

6 teams on 34 points after that and the wolves goal :/
It was something like 4 of the top 6 teams were playing each other this weekend, it is so tight.
MK Dons and Aston Villa could be in the same division next year theoretically...
Anyone on here been to a match that Darren Deadman has refereed? Absolute joke.
Bad injury for Huddersfield's Tommy Smith today who had to be airlifted to hospital after the game against Leeds.

Original post by joddcfc
Anyone on here been to a match that Darren Deadman has refereed? Absolute joke.

He is a dreadful referee.
Tommy Smith should be OK, his manager has confirmed.

Worrying sight regardless. He got helicoptered from the pitch to the hospital.
Yeah the fact they ushered everyone away from the stadium quickly, still a bad sight, but least they said he should recover. Can't believe what has gone wrong with Leyton Orient, again today smashed 4-1 at home to Scunthorpe, sure they were took over recently as well. After last year making the play offs, I thought they would push on but then again how often do you see a team in the play offs the previous season, only for them to get relegated the season after.
Yeah the fact they ushered everyone away from the stadium quickly, still a bad sight, but least they said he should recover. Can't believe what has gone wrong with Leyton Orient, again today smashed 4-1 at home to Scunthorpe, sure they were took over recently as well. After last year making the play offs, I thought they would push on but then again how often do you see a team in the play offs the previous season, only for them to get relegated the season after.

Scunthorpe are a different side from a few months back. At one stage they looked destined to slug it out with Crewe for the bottom place.
Original post by Mackay
Scunthorpe are a different side from a few months back. At one stage they looked destined to slug it out with Crewe for the bottom place.

They've had some good results lately, they destroyed JP finalists Walsall 4-1 and they held MK Dons.
They've had some good results lately, they destroyed JP finalists Walsall 4-1 and they held MK Dons.

They were unlucky not to beat Dons the other night actually.
Considering they got promoted last year they have done well for themselves. Must mention another win for Lincoln who are now just two points off the play offs, although they have played a game more.
Original post by Mackay
They were unlucky not to beat Dons the other night actually.

Hmm, I listened to the match online and it sounded like we were quite dominant until they scored from a mistake (our keeper kicked it straight to their attacker), but then again I do listen via MK Dons Player so may not be fully unbiased!
Harsh penalty given against Cardiff today, although it did only delay the inevitable when Derby scored two goals soon after.
2 of the 3 highlight games on the FL Show were on Sky...I'd rather see more 3pm kick offs as highlight games.
Original post by TornadoGR4
2 of the 3 highlight games on the FL Show were on Sky...I'd rather see more 3pm kick offs as highlight games.

Not everyone who watches the FL Show has Sky, and it makes sense that the highlight games would often be the ones Sky chose to televise. It's the same with MotD.

Quick Reply

Latest