The Student Room Group

Results day- Track or School?

Just wondering what A2 students are planning on doing on results day, are you going to check track in the morning to see if you've got into your firm University or wait until you get your actual results from school? I'm still undecided, kinda feel like checking track will ruin the opening the envelope moment haha!

Scroll to see replies

Always track.
Reply 2
track as that goes live at 6am (I think) while I would have to wait until 9/9:30 am to get my results :P
Original post by NinjaNicky
Just wondering what A2 students are planning on doing on results day, are you going to check track in the morning to see if you've got into your firm University or wait until you get your actual results from school? I'm still undecided, kinda feel like checking track will ruin the opening the envelope moment haha!

I think 95% check track at 7:01am or whichever hour it opens these days.

I think it's much better to check track at home then you can be ready for what the envelope will tell you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sixth form won't open until 10am (just like AS and both GCSE years, ugh), so I'll probably check track first
Reply 5
Original post by Motorbiker

I think it's much better to check track at home then you can be ready for what the envelope will tell you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I'll probably end up checking track like everyone else because I'm really impatient, I guess it gives you more time to grovel to universities if you haven't got in, but if you have it makes results a bit anticlimactic xD
Reply 6
Original post by Gott
Not a fan of 'opening the envelope moment' myself but it depends how confident you are

true, it can go both ways, opening the envelope will actually be horrific if I haven't got in.
Last year I checked Track at 7.30 when it opened - it didn't dampen the excitement of going to College to see what my actual grades were. Also if the news on Track isn't what you hoped/expected it gives you time to think about clearing or whatever your next step may be.

Track then school.
Reply 9
I'm gonna go on track and if I've got into my firm choice I won't bother gone into school as I hate the place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Track first - remember that getting your firm does not mean you met their offer! You could have dropped a grade or two and still got in.
Reply 11
Check 'Track' !!!
If I GET into my Firm/Insurance: Plan something exciting to do for the day :biggrin:
If I DON'T get into my Firm/Insurance: Cry....then prepare for Clearing :mad:
Reply 12
I'll be in Northampton on Results day, so it's track for me!
Track first, then school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much information do you get from track? Do you just get a notification saying which offers you've made or do you get your A-level overall grades or do you get your modules? Would exams not on UCAS be included?

I ask because I will far exceed my A-level offers, but would be more interested in non-A-level exams or a module breakdown.
(edited 9 years ago)
Definitely track. My uni is far more important than the grade excitement

TRACK!
Original post by morgan8002
How much information do you get from track? Do you just get a notification saying which offers you've made or do you get your A-level overall grades or do you get your modules? Would exams not on UCAS be included?

I ask because I will far exceed my A-level offers, but would be more interested in non-A-level exams or a module breakdown.

Track will only tell you if you got in or not, it wont tell you your A levels grades , This is my second time applying
I made the mistake of checking my results first lol, I went to school so excited and nervous thinking I was going to get in my insurance at least as I thought I did good in my exams. I opened the envelope and was shocked what i got and didn't know how to handle it so i just walked fast as I could away from the school and trying to avoid the happy faces around me :tongue:

Checking Track First so I can mentally prepare my self first before having to face everyone at school, especially the teachers, I don't think I could handle not getting in this time, feeling nervous about results day already even though exams haven't even started :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by Gott
What's your firm?

Bristol, you?

Quick Reply

Latest