The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlmondCantucci
It was South bank uni. I think I was too eager for kings and somewhat confident that I would get through. So I didn't think of rescheduling kings selection day.. I have worked in the NHS at assistant practitioner level but I underestimated this selection process. Gutted a few mistakes at the selection day could just end my possibility like that..

I think southbank was lying to you. They could have rescheduled for you as well, unless you told them that you had a selection day at King's. they're wrong for doing that to you.

Yeah, it's really tough to get into nursing. Despite having a brilliant personal statement, small mistakes in the skills test or interview can cause you to lose your space in uni.

King's and southbank were my first and insurance choice, but I failed the numeracy at king's by two marks and southbank was just awful, unorganised and rude.

But on the positive side, I got an offer from middlesex and the environment and support is much better for me.

You will get into university. Just keep trying and you'll eventually find a uni that is right for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Chelceyg
I had my interviews and test all on a the 12th of Jan and today received an conditional offer from KCL for adult nursing. All I would say is I definitely got a couple Qs wrong in my maths exam and I didn't finish the English test but as advised the quality is better than quantity. The fact some girls finished the English exam in the time allocated with a good level of detail is beyond me and I think impossible! The MMI is defiantly where I performed best, just be positive, chatty and be true to what you believe and if you love nursing and think like a nurse you will be fine. I currently work in a hospital so have experience but if you have no personality it will get you know where . So I hope people who aren't the most academic like me just be yourselves, apply yourself, work hard and have CONFIDENCE and you can do it!!! Best of luck everyone that is still waiting xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I've applied for the PGDip Child Nursing course, and had my selection day on the 21st January. I'm hoping no news is good news but not holding out much hope as I didn't finish my English, but hoping as you say that no news is good news. I'm checking my emails constantly though haha. Why did you hav all yours the same day? Do you live far away? Xxx
Reply 42
I have applied for children's nursing and was offered tests and MMI on 17 February but am unable to make this date so waiting for a reschedule date. Does anyone know what dates there are for interviews after 17 Feb? Also has anyone been offered a place for children's nursing yet?

xx
Reply 43
Original post by Kegga123
I have applied for children's nursing and was offered tests and MMI on 17 February but am unable to make this date so waiting for a reschedule date. Does anyone know what dates there are for interviews after 17 Feb? Also has anyone been offered a place for children's nursing yet?

xx

Have you applied for PGDip or UG?i assume there will be another set the following week or late February. They have lots of them.
Xxx
I'm in Devon Abgree. I thought exactly the same about my English but The reason I didn't finish is because I tried to go into a of detail! So your chances are just as good as mine were! Best of luck!!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Hi everyone, I've received an invitation for the interview and tests on 17/02. I'm just wondering what kind of questions should I expect for the interview? I will have one at Middlesex soon as well and from the descriptions the structures don't seem very similar.. I'm just very worried.. And excited.. And worried xD
Hey all,I had my tests on 21/1 and got an email this evening to say I had passed and invited to the MMI on 19 Feb :smile: Am applying for PGDip Mental Health Nursing, and thought the same as most of the comments above- that I thought I'd blown it on tje literacy test, as I ran out of time! I did manage to bullet point my thoughts for the last question but was terrified! Fingers crossed for everyone, x
Reply 47
Original post by ashleymorg1984
Hey all,I had my tests on 21/1 and got an email this evening to say I had passed and invited to the MMI on 19 Feb :smile: Am applying for PGDip Mental Health Nursing, and thought the same as most of the comments above- that I thought I'd blown it on tje literacy test, as I ran out of time! I did manage to bullet point my thoughts for the last question but was terrified! Fingers crossed for everyone, x

Good to hear that someone else is applying for pgdip in mental health nursing too:-) I'll have my interview together with the test so could you maybe tell me something more about them? :-)
Reply 48
Original post by babyshawte
I think southbank was lying to you. They could have rescheduled for you as well, unless you told them that you had a selection day at King's. they're wrong for doing that to you.

Yeah, it's really tough to get into nursing. Despite having a brilliant personal statement, small mistakes in the skills test or interview can cause you to lose your space in uni.

King's and southbank were my first and insurance choice, but I failed the numeracy at king's by two marks and southbank was just awful, unorganised and rude.

But on the positive side, I got an offer from middlesex and the environment and support is much better for me.

You will get into university. Just keep trying and you'll eventually find a uni that is right for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Congrats on getting into Middlesex! Can I ask when you received your place at middlesex/when did you have your interview? I had mine last week and haven't heard back, I know I'm slightly impatient! I heard back from Kings though last night and my interview is on the 19th of February. I have a feeling they are interviewing all the pgdippers on this day! :smile:
Hey Agata8 we all had to sign a non disclosure agreement to say that we would not talk about the details of the tests, but what I would say is for the literacy practice hand writing, as for me i use computers so often that it was quite challenging writing non stop for 20 minutes with a pen, whilst trying to be clear and coherent!! :-) good luck!
Original post by babyshawte

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done and congrats on your offer for Middlesex. I have also applied for middlesex after the deadline . So hopefully they still consider my application. If not , I'll have to wait until August for clearing ,and hope for some availabilities...><

and just to add, I didnt mention to south bank about another selection day for kings. But they said it's because I did not specify the date I'm not availbe on my application. I did say it was unforeseen circumstance I did not anticipate, but to no avail
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chelceyg
Also I was advised if you failed a test you should hear back with in a week. 3-5 weeks they are considering you! So to begin with no news is good news!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I have an MMI on the 17th February, and was wondering what sort of things they ask in the maths test! I also work in a hospital too and applied to do Adult Nursing :smile:
Hi
I had my literacy & numeracy test for kings yesterday. I must admit it was harder than I thought it would be. There were some unexpected questions that the snap website did not even have for the numeracy test. I know it cos I practiced a lot. Overall you would find 20 mins for the numeracy is too long, and 20 mins for literacy is too short. So watch out!

Hey, Did you say the numeracy was hard? I have also been trying to access the snap website as I don't know how helpful its may be for both the literacy and numeracy. I have both tests soon .. I'm a little worried as most people seems to be saying the tests were difficult.
Original post by bless1994
Hey, Did you say the numeracy was hard? I have also been trying to access the snap website as I don't know how helpful its may be for both the literacy and numeracy. I have both tests soon .. I'm a little worried as most people seems to be saying the tests were difficult.

You would definitely benefit from practicing on snap website for the numeracy test. Once you get the gist of it, it is really easy. I found the actual test extremely easy as well. However you can't really practice for the literacy test. I think it's about using the given time wisely, and think what you write carefully rather than writing something for the sake of completing the questions.
You would definitely benefit from practicing on snap website for the numeracy test. Once you get the gist of it, it is really easy. I found the actual test extremely easy as well. However you can't really practice for the literacy test. I think it's about using the given time wisely, and think what you write carefully rather than writing something for the sake of completing the questions.

OK then. Thanks for the advice. I hope the test paper would not be hard. I will keep practising. Did you pass both test?
Original post by bless1994
OK then. Thanks for the advice. I hope the test paper would not be hard. I will keep practising. Did you pass both test?

I think I did well on the numeracy. But as I was rejected after the test, I must have done badly on the literacy.
I think I did well on the numeracy. But as I was rejected after the test, I must have done badly on the literacy.

oh no that's sad to hear.. what other uni did you apply for?
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Adult Nursing :smile: sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on TSR for a few days so I can't wish you luck but I hope it went well? I have a selection day on the 11th Feb and I'm so so nervous for the same reason as you!

Hi! yes it went ok actually, was quite surprised! I had the MMI and tests on the same day - they tend to do that if you're coming from quite far, which I was! I can't really tell you much about the interview (I wish I could!) as you have to sign a declaration form thing saying you won't discuss what was said in the interview!
Just waiting to hear back from them, they say 2-4 weeks!!

Good luck for your selection day :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Reeny26
I haven't heard back either. I went on the same day

I still haven't heard anything! How about you? What course did you apply for? X
Hi everyone :smile:
I had my tests in December and MMI on Jan 8th and heard back last week - Conditional offer for PGDip Children's Nursing!!!!!! Couldn't be happier!
They said to us it would take 2-3 weeks to hear back, and it was exactly 3 weeks.
For those doing the tests I wouldn't panic too much, maths is pretty basic and you can use a calc. Just make sure you read the questions properly and definitely use the snap website if you can!
Again with the interviews I can't say much - just be yourself and honest!
Good luck to those with upcoming tests and MMI!
xx

Quick Reply

Latest