The Student Room Group

Do men or women cheat more in relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also do you think it's beta males who are cheated on more, I always see threads on here with beta men crying about how their gf cheated on then with another man how they're all evil etc, do you think you have a much higher chance of being cheated on if you're beta rather than a strong alpha or will a Woman cheat regardless?
Reply 21
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
dat dere principle of male disposability :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :io :redface: i cri evritim

Sorry, couldn't hear you over your rubbish sarcasm... :rolleyes:
Original post by Mimir
Sorry, couldn't hear you over your rubbish sarcasm... :rolleyes:

it's not even sarcasm I have 2 accounts dedicated to the fact i cir evritim
Original post by Joel21
Also do you think it's beta males who are cheated on more, I always see threads on here with beta men crying about how their gf cheated on then with another man how they're all evil etc, do you think you have a much higher chance of being cheated on if you're beta rather than a strong alpha or will a Woman cheat regardless?

Spoiler

Original post by Joel21
So we all admit Women cheat more then.

Noooo women have more to lose out from cheating than men (financial security, emotional stability, security in particular of offspring, stigma of social misogyny). It's just that they are far more adept at hiding it than men. Women are generally very good at reading men, men as a whole however can be easily deceived by women. Consider, for example, that not a single woman has responded to this thread, and there will be immediate outcries of 'misogyny!' to what I believe is quite an accurate statement of society: men desire polygamy, women desire hypergamy.
Reply 25
Noooo women have more to lose out from cheating than men (financial security, emotional stability, security in particular of offspring, stigma of social misogyny). It's just that they are far more adept at hiding it than men. Women are generally very good at reading men, men as a whole however can be easily deceived by women. Consider, for example, that not a single woman has responded to this thread, and there will be immediate outcries of 'misogyny!' to what I believe is quite an accurate statement of society: men desire polygamy, women desire hypergamy.
Define hypergamy. So we've established the reasons why females cheat but why do men cheat? Recent statistics show that women cheat more than men with 65% of women admitting to cheating compared to 35% of men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joel21
Define hypergamy. So we've established the reasons why females cheat but why do men cheat? Recent statistics show that women cheat more than men with 65% of women admitting to cheating compared to 35% of men.

hypergamy [trad.] -marrying only males of the same or superior caste to elevate one's and one's family's status and prestige, thus financial security.

In modern Western usage-the act of 'dating/marrying up' from a man of lower value to a man of higher. The most obvious example is gold-digging, but this can be in various forms not all related to money.

Why do men cheat? For younger/hotter women they're more attracted to, variety, meeting someone they have greater connection to or greater compatibility, primal adrenaline rush, sense of freedom from a largely artificial monogamous relationship, means of venting difficult feelings, etc.
Reply 27
It's strange how men used to be known as the cheaters now it's women who cheat more, i'm wondering if thats down to the growing influx of beta males that are becoming far more common in the modern era.
Is no one normal going to step into the conversation? It;s almost two pages of this :confused:
Reply 29
What do you mean?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Is no one normal going to step into the conversation? It;s almost two pages of this :confused:

mate you don't have to be a fedora-tipping basement-dwelling neckbeard to believe both sexes cheat, men do it more but women are smarter about hiding it
Original post by Joel21
It's strange how men used to be known as the cheaters now it's women who cheat more, i'm wondering if thats down to the growing influx of beta males that are becoming far more common in the modern era.

yes that's what I said earlier, as one of said beta males I'm yet to decide whether you're here to troll and prey on insecurities or genuinely curious.
Reply 32
Just generally curious. Most women seem to cheat on their partners so i'm wondering how much percent of males are now beta and how many of us alphas are left and if even as alphas we're still predisposed to being cheated on.
Original post by Joel21
Just generally curious. Most women seem to cheat on their partners so i'm wondering how much percent of males are now beta and how many of us alphas are left and if even as alphas we're still predisposed to being cheated on.

it helps if you quote me, not an attack but I am a busy beta male you know :wink:

I'd have no idea of the percentage. I do however know that one of the most recent threads in reships is a needy beta getting cheated on by his gf on holiday who stonewalled him for 3 weeks, and then engages the rationalisation hamster to absolve her responsibility-'it was just a kiss!' 'I've changed!' etc. Fortunately mature men and women of TSR alike are calling her out as in the wrong
Reply 34
it helps if you quote me, not an attack but I am a busy beta male you know

I'd have no idea of the percentage. I do however know that one of the most recent threads in reships is a needy beta getting cheated on by his gf on holiday who stonewalled him for 3 weeks, and then engages the rationalisation hamster to absolve her responsibility-'it was just a kiss!' 'I've changed!' etc. Fortunately mature men and women of TSR alike are calling her out as in the wrong
My bad. I see it everywhere, Women seem to be the more dominant sex in relationships.. they go out and shag other men whilst the beta stays at home catering to his females every whim. It's a rather sad state of affairs if i'm honest.
Original post by Joel21
My bad. I see it everywhere, Women seem to be the more dominant sex in relationships.. they go out and shag other men whilst the beta stays at home catering to his females every whim. It's a rather sad state of affairs if i'm honest.

strong content history-I advise you either don't feed the trolls P357 or don't waste my time any longer.
I think it goes as follows:

Most likely to cheat
Gay Men
Straight Men
Straight Women
Lesbian
Least Likely to Cheat

Not sure why though.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I think it goes as follows:

Most likely to cheat
Gay Men
Straight Men
Straight Women
Lesbian
Least Likely to Cheat

Not sure why though.

abandon thread, OP is known troll misogynist (can confirm from post history)
Reply 38
Straight Women have to be top by a landslide.
Reply 39
This is why sociopaths and narcissists are so alluring to women, they too are experts at twisting perceptions of reality to control one's will.

can confirm.

we are in agreement that in relationships women are skilled manipulators in control while men are largely muscled prats who think with their Johnson?

i think a large part of what makes this true is self-propagation. guys grow up hearing that this is the case and thus make no effort to be anything else. women are more open about talking emotionally (male speech tends to be of a report style, female speech more rapport - you likely already knew this though) and society instills the idea into them that's "just how it works".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending