The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucilou101
I don't really think you can compare them - he's a side character in Les Mis that is purely humorous

I agree but as Elcor said it was really strange to see him there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TVIO
A gap year is only safer if you've got poor grades at AS and can realistically improve that at A2 enough to meet Cambridge's standards.

Yeah i agree.if you did bad at AS but then good at A2 I can see youre better off applying on a gapyear. Otherwise in nearly all other cases, youre obviously going to be better off applying in year 13
Heh...Guess I'm really late to post this but International gap year student here, offer for Medicine at Churchill :smile: Hello everyone!
Original post by UrbanPapaya
Heh...Guess I'm really late to post this but International gap year student here, offer for Medicine at Churchill :smile: Hello everyone!

Hi! Congratulations on your offer, how are you spending your gap year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drowninginsound
Anyone else experiencing sudden doubts about actually meeting their offer? :redface:

Yes x100. Like I know virtually no one does but it would be the worst thing ever if I did D:
Just gonna aim for full marks in everything so even if I **** up it won't be too bad :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by aersh8
Woo just watched Theory of Everything in the movies! Absolutely amazing film AND they showed St John's <3

Absolutely loved it!! Think I slightly annoyed my friend who I saw it with though: "that's the bridge of sighs!" "that's King's!" "that's St John's!" "omg it's second court!" Lmao :biggrin::colondollar:
Original post by laurensmiley97
Absolutely loved it!! Think I slightly annoyed my friend who I saw it with though: "that's the bridge of sighs!" "that's King's!" "that's St John's!" "omg it's second court!" Lmao :biggrin::colondollar:

Lol same, I was like this with my gf :o::tongue:
firmed cambridge, bless
Original post by newblood
firmed cambridge, bless

Good luck on meeting your offer. I dont think you can though....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Good luck on meeting your offer. I dont think you can though....

Posted from TSR Mobile

gna be tough times, lucky you have it easy with STEP
gna be tough times, lucky you have it easy with STEP

Lol might just make life easy and go to Kings with AAA. So chilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Hi! Congratulations on your offer, how are you spending your gap year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Been volunteering as a physiotherapy assistant so far, but I'm taking some time off for a holiday with the parents for the next three weeks :P not sure what I'll do afterwards... Nine months is a long time to kill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol might just make life easy and go to Kings with AAA. So chilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, you heard back from imperial yet?
haha, you heard back from imperial yet?

Nothing. I want to do my decisions quickly. They're taking ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing. I want to do my decisions quickly. They're taking ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can withdraw your application to them if you've already got your insurance offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
You can withdraw your application to them if you've already got your insurance offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naa i think he wants imperial as his insurance

Same!! I think I annoyed the whole theatre though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UrbanPapaya
Thank you! Been volunteering as a physiotherapy assistant so far, but I'm taking some time off for a holiday with the parents for the next three weeks :P not sure what I'll do afterwards... Nine months is a long time to kill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting! Yeah nine months is a long long time... I worked in an experimental physiology lab last summer, it was very interesting if you're into DNA extractions and testing and those kinds of things :smile: have fun on your holiday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I might want Imperial as an insurance depending on the offer they give me. As long as the STEP grades are lower (If step is included)it will be my insurance. (If they give me an offer that is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yusss!! Too bad St John's didn't want me in the end :sigh: that bit made me happy on the one hand (because Cambridge!!!) but sad on the other (because I'll be like an hour away from the Cavendish) :redface::hand::s-smilie::unimpressed::angry::mad::frown::no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending