The Student Room Group

How many people on TSR are White British, how many are not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im brown british
Original post by Josb
Only if you're not on benefit.

My family has never been on benefits for the 17 years we've lived here.

However, even we had been this would not change anything, people from eastern europe don't just come here to claim benefits!!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm White British but I'm also White French (dual nationality)

quelle langue tu parles plus?

I am 100% White English !!! I am White French on the inside though.
Cant see why it matters? Not white British tho
Reply 24
White British :smile:
Reply 26
Why does it even matter? We're all just awkward people hiding away on the Internet anyway.
Original post by beyknowles
quelle langue tu parles plus?

I am 100% White English !!! I am White French on the inside though.

Well I speak English mostly given that I've lived here since I was 3, but I talk to relatives in French on Facebook, even though my grasp of the subjunctive and pluperfect tenses in French leave a lot to be desired!
Reply 28
European mix.
Well I speak English mostly given that I've lived here since I was 3, but I talk to relatives in French on Facebook, even though my grasp of the subjunctive and pluperfect tenses in French leave a lot to be desired!

oh tu considerès que tu sois plus fort(e) en anglais ?

that's cool :--) that's the same as some-one in my french class at college, she lives in england but is half-spanish and speaks on facebook with relatives in spanish
oh tu considerès que tu sois plus fort(e) en anglais ?

that's cool :--) that's the same as some-one in my french class at college, she lives in england but is half-spanish and speaks on facebook with relatives in spanish

Yes I'm definitely stronger in English (better not speak in French without providing a translation we'll get in trouble lol. Against TSR rules :wink: )

I wish I could brush up a bit on my French grammar but I haven't the time really. I guess it's not so crucial at the moment.
Yes I'm definitely stronger in English (better not speak in French without providing a translation we'll get in trouble lol. Against TSR rules :wink: )

I wish I could brush up a bit on my French grammar but I haven't the time really. I guess it's not so crucial at the moment.

really? I didn't know s:

and true! you could ask your relatives for lessons? :redface:
really? I didn't know s:

and true! you could ask your relatives for lessons? :redface:

I could ask my dad now that he's retired but honestly, I've no time at the moment. I've got 4 kids and I'm writing a book lol. Maybe some day.

(and yep, true, you can only post in a foreign language without providing a translation on TSR in specific foreign language threads)
I really consider my self Scottish tbh. I've lived here all my life.
Reply 34
British/Colombian :tongue:
I could ask my dad now that he's retired but honestly, I've no time at the moment. I've got 4 kids and I'm writing a book lol. Maybe some day.

(and yep, true, you can only post in a foreign language without providing a translation on TSR in specific foreign language threads)

wow, tu as quatre enfants? ils parlent qu'anglais? et tu écris un livre? très impresionante! il s'agit de quoi (puis-je demander?). merci de m'avoir tenu au courant des règles!

translation:
wow, you have four children? do they only speak english? and you're writing a book? very impressive! what is it about (can i ask?). thanks for keeping me up to date with the rules!
I'm Welsh and that's it.
Kryptonian.
I'm from Mars Dang it!!
White British here, with white British parents and grandparents (no idea about anyone further up my family tree) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest