The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

But you prefer the worldly life, While the Hereafter is better and more enduring. (87:16-17) Putting things into perspective...
"The Almighty does not look at your physical features or your bodies but looks at your hearts and your deeds." Prophet Muhammad
Original post by Mary562
"The Almighty does not look at your physical features or your bodies but looks at your hearts and your deeds." Prophet Muhammad

Was going post this one :redface:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Was going post this one :redface:

Next time insha'Allah :colondollar:

Spoiler

Speak clearly in modest tones. There's no need to shout to get your message across. You'll be surprised at how powerful words can be.
A beautiful hadith:

Wooow this video is amazing! Please watch how a kind act towards a robber can change his life.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10151969752946148&set=vb.139909241147
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Wooow this video is amazing! Please watch how a kind act towards a robber can change his life.

Reminds me of:

Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) said:

A man expressed his intention to give charity, so he came out with charity and placed it in the hand of an adulteress. In the morning, the people were talking and saying: charity was given to an adulteress last night. He (the giver of Sadaqa) said: 0 Allah, to Thee be the praise-to an adulteress. He then again expressed his intention to give charity; so he went out with the charity and placed it in the hand of a rich person. In the morning the people were talking and saying: Charity was given to a rich person. He (the giver of charity) said: 0 Allah, to Thee be the praise-to a well-to-do person. He then expressed his intention to give charity, so he went out with charity and placed it in the hand of a thief. In the morning, the people were talking and saying: Charity was given to a thief. So (one of the persons) said: 0 Allah, to Thee be the praise (what a misfortune it is that charity has been given to) the adulteress, to a rich person. to a thief!

There came (the angel to him) and he was told: Your charity has been accepted. As for the adulteress (the charity might become the means) whereby she might restrain herself from fornication. The rich man might perhaps learn a lesson and spend from what Allah has given him, and the thief might thereby refrain from committing theft.

Sahih Muslim 1022
Original post by ash92:)

What's Cordoba like?

Cordoba is nice. I preferred Granada though. Lots of Moorish heritage in both places but it's better preserved in Granada - a lot of the Cordoban stuff has been subsumed by later Christian work and there's more local muslims (at least at the mosque). January is also the wrong time of year to visit as well - temperatures are colder than you'd like (Granada got down to -2 degrees at night!) and a lot of flowers and stuff in the gardens have yet to bloom so you miss out on the full effect. Would recommend a visit to both in spring/summer!

Original post by Khodu
Wow, 11 years. I thought I was an oldie with my nearly 7 years.
Cool, I have never been to Spain! You're lucky, the UK is freezing. My brother and his wife are going to Gran Canaria in June.
I am just studying part time at the moment (Masters finishes in 2016) and a carer part time, was also working with the Civil Service part time, stopped now. I was thinking about PHD, but now I'm not too sure. Just thinking about careers and what I should do. :s: it isn't easy deciding. Grad schemes are around 3 years; time I may not necessarily have due to career breaks etc lol. I've dabbled with some internships in both public and private sector, but I still don't know. Allah hu ahlam.
I remember we had a convo a few years ago about you becoming an actuary or something, I may be mistaken. Your job sounds kinda cool, are you happy? If not, move on, you're young and capable of so much masha Allah. Aakhirah is the limit :tongue:

Yea I don't know where the time has flown by! I remember using the site for my GCSE issues! Life was simple back then!

Are you talking about finance grad schemes that are three years? Go into something more interesting. Civil Service is a good one - especially FCO or DFID from what I've heard. Data/marketing analytics (where I started) is also an interesting and fast growing area in all industries and they love mathematicians cause of all the logic, stats and problem solving ability. Won't necessarily be grad schemes but you don't need to go on to a scheme if you can prove yourself without one (e.g. with a masters). Send me a PM if interested and we can have a chat.

You've given me some additional food for thoughts that I've already been thinking! Have started a ball rolling in acting/theatre. Will see where it rolls to.
Original post by K1NG93
Lol I'm sure he didn't mean that.

So am i
Abu Umamah RA reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) was asked: “At what time does the supplication find the greatest response?” He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) replied, “A supplication made during the middle of the last part of the night and after the conclusion of the obligatory prayers.”
(Tirmidhi)
Suhaib RA reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “When the inhabitants of Jannah enter Jannah, Allah, the Glorious and Exalted, will say to them: ‘Do you wish me to give you anything more?’ They will reply: ‘Have You not made our faces bright? Have You not brought us into Jannah and delivered us from the Hell?’ And Allah will remove the Veil. The (dwellers of Jannah) will feel that they have not been awarded anything dearer to them than looking at their Rab.”
(Muslim)
Does anyone know what that crusade video was called that someone posted on here like last week... Or probably before that...?
Wanted to watch it
‘And be true to every promise - for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made.’
(al-Isra 17: 34)
Original post by Ankabout

Why can't everything be as warm and fuzzy as this:smile:
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Why can't everything be as warm and fuzzy as this:smile:

I know right. :h:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink." [Bukhari]
Ibn Abbas (RA) reported: I was (once) behind the The Prophet S.A.W when he said to me,Boy I teach you (a few) words: Remember Allah, and He will protect you. Remember Allah, and you will find Him close to you. When you have to ask for something, ask of Allah. When you seek help, seek Allah. Believe firmly that if all the creation desires to benefit you in anything, they can never benefit you, but that which Allah has decreed for you. If they all unite to harm you, they will not be able to harm you in anything, but that which Allah has decreed for you.” (At-Tirmidhi)
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. [Muslim Hadith 6214]

Latest

Trending

Trending