The Student Room Group

Developing feelings for another girl who lives abroad

So I met thia girl online. Shes realy cool and from france, and the first time we skyped we were very flirty with each other

And ive started to get a bit of a crush on her. Weve skyped a few times since but i feel there wasnt much chemistry as before, even though we spoke for a while

When weve talked about meeting she seems really up for it

The problem is , i feel like im the one who initiates everything and i hate the idea of being to clingy..

Im tempted to leave it a few days and hopefully she will make the first m
Reply 1
move....

Also she sends love heart emojiis and cute stuff when she does reply

Shall i not initiate convo for a few days and see?
I think that may be a good call!

After a few days if you don't hear anything, definitely send her a very small casual message, maybe linking her to an article you think she'd like or something equally non-committal. Just make sure you always leave the ball in her court, so there's no confusion about who should be contacting who. For instance, when you finish talking together, close with something like: "and let me know how it goes at your interview!".
Reply 3
Original post by Calpurnia
I think that may be a good call!

After a few days if you don't hear anything, definitely send her a very small casual message, maybe linking her to an article you think she'd like or something equally non-committal. Just make sure you always leave the ball in her court, so there's no confusion about who should be contacting who. For instance, when you finish talking together, close with something like: "and let me know how it goes at your interview!".

Thanks. Yes I think I need to be less commital... We know each other is bi and theres something... Id love to know her better and not scare her off
Original post by Anonymous
So I met thia girl online. Shes realy cool and from france, and the first time we skyped we were very flirty with each other

And ive started to get a bit of a crush on her. Weve skyped a few times since but i feel there wasnt much chemistry as before, even though we spoke for a while

When weve talked about meeting she seems really up for it

The problem is , i feel like im the one who initiates everything and i hate the idea of being to clingy..

Im tempted to leave it a few days and hopefully she will make the first m

Don't, just don't. Save yourself before it's too late, I have been down a similar route and while I met and holidayed with my ex, it wasn't worth it in the end and our last time spent together was one large argument and **** session with others, I was left incredibly hurt.

Find a British girl or at the least, an international living here :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by tehFrance
Don't, just don't. Save yourself before it's too late, I have been down a similar route and while I met and holidayed with my ex, it wasn't worth it in the end and our last time spent together was one large argument and **** session with others, I was left incredibly hurt.

Find a British girl or at the least, an international living here :lol:

i think i might just be friends with her.. and when we meet, see if there is any chemistry

she lives in PARIS..... so im going to book a hostel and actually have a nice trip not just to see her

and then a casual coffee just to see

yolo right?
Reply 6
i just wanna text her xD
OP, such relationships (long distance) rarely work on the long run. Don't get your hopes up too high.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending