The Student Room Group

Women say 'I go for feminine guys' but I never see one on a 'rate this hot guy' threa

It feels fishy when they* say jawlines etc. are not important when every single one of these damn threads involves some guy with a very explicitly masculine jawline, high cheekbones, chiseled features, lean etc. Never do I see a guy who could remotely be described as 'feminine LOOKING' or having 'softer features'. I can only come to 4 conclusions

i) They are lying to pacify my* insecurities (20%)

ii) The women who like these are older, mostly in their thirties/forties when their hormones have died down (the Wall) and therefore not the majority demographic of this forum (20%)

iii) The women who like feminine-looking men have a lower libido and therefore feel less need to post threads comparing high-test guys when horny anyway (30%)

iv) The women who are attracted to feminine men tend to be primarily attracted to a less physical trait, more of character (Usually good sense of humour, compassion/caring, good with kids, intelligent, some form of talent etc.) Therefore the feminine features are actually a 'trade off', that is to say they are not unattractive per se but would not actually attract without the former deeper qualities (30%)

so which is it? I'm feeling disillusioned by these threads. I just had a go at guys for acting self-deprecating and FA about the whole thing, but in truth I am confused. Whether such threads are only 'in your dreams' eye candy or their actual aspirations i.e. they would not settle for less than Lars Angelo or whatever his name was, I do not know anymore? :/

*speaking for all not-so-masculine looking men here I guess
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yeah and men say they go for any girl with a vagina, i'm skeptical of that too.

scratch that, i'm not skeptical, i think it's absolute BS.
Original post by sherlockfan
yeah and men say they go for any girl with a vagina, i'm skeptical of that too.

scratch that, i'm not skeptical, i think it's absolute BS.

yeah I didn't go to the party lol
I've never heard a women say they prefer 'feminine' guys.
Original post by Splenge007
I've never heard a women say they prefer 'feminine' guys.

I have heard them say that they like a guy with softer features, a cuddly teddy bear, a baby face, even a bit of a belly/pooch-but like I say not once have I seen such men get 'rated' by the horny lasses of TSR :holmes:

I mean I have no problem with idealised male fantasies but I now think these are the guys they're aiming for lol, and like, I do not think a single person I have met my age, not even the hottest of my friends or peers would pass that test :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
I like feminine or androgynous guys, would you say the guy in my sig is feminine to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
yeah I didn't go to the party lol

i knew it was an excuse.
Original post by Odd socks
I like feminine or androgynous guys, would you say the guy in my sig is feminine to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's a fish in the dp :tongue:

Spoiler

i knew it was an excuse.

not an excuse I just failed to motivate myself, am disappointed in myself tbqh
not an excuse I just failed to motivate myself, am disappointed in myself tbqh

well im sorry to hear that.

worse things going on in the world.
Reply 10
what do you mean by feminine? If you mean what I like to call a 'pretty boy' then personally I find them much more attractive than masculine types, for example:
http://kohakunoyume.deviantart.com/art/Listen-to-the-music-488852898
http://kohakunoyume.deviantart.com/art/Aoba-372105515
(yes that is a human male)
though this is probably influenced by my love of anime&manga.

If you mean just in general not as built as huge masculine men, I don't think it really matters? At the end of the day, everyone has different preferences. There will ALWAYS be someone who finds you attractive. Even if you look truly horrific on the outside, if you are genuinely kind person internally I'm sure you'll meet someone you loves you.
it's a fish in the dp :tongue:

Spoiler

it is a mighty and powerful shark :tongue:

is there not a little arrow to show the sig? I'll post it here anyway

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422757918.481043.jpg

he's like a combination of what I like in men, and what Id like to look like myself :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naftie
what do you mean by feminine? If you mean what I like to call a 'pretty boy' then personally I find them much more attractive than masculine types, for example:

If you mean just in general not as built as huge masculine men, I don't think it really matters? At the end of the day, everyone has different preferences. There will ALWAYS be someone who finds you attractive. Even if you look truly horrific on the outside, if you are genuinely kind person internally I'm sure you'll meet someone you loves you.

both tbh.

yeah I had my ex who gave me the whole 'love you for who you are' thing but then she met a guy who is slightly more masculine than me and my insecurities just skyrocketed :frown: this was skewed by the fact he may have just been funnier, simple as

I don't think I look horrific (I need a haircut badly!), I just don't know what I would be 'rated'-see my PM thread :tongue:

It does seem anime lovers and East Asian women go for the more androgynous types :biggrin:

I just wonder why, for example, you and others with similar tastes never post 'rate this guy' threads it's a curiosity...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
it is a mighty and powerful shark :tongue:

is there not a little arrow to show the sig? I'll post it here anyway

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422757918.481043.jpg

he's like a combination of what I like in men, and what Id like to look like myself :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for the affirmation :tongue:

ahh I am a slightly bulkier version of him :tongue:…very Bowie feels. Minus the chain
both tbh.

yeah I had my ex who gave me the whole 'love you for who you are' thing but then she met a guy who is slightly more masculine than me and my insecurities just skyrocketed :frown: this was skewed by the fact he may have just been funnier, simple as

I don't think I look horrific (I need a haircut badly!), I just don't know what I would be 'rated'-see my PM thread :tongue:

It does seem anime lovers and South Asian women go for the more androgynous types :biggrin:

I just wonder why, for example, you and others with similar tastes never post 'rate this guy' threads it's a curiosity...

'rate this guy' threads are pointless and a waste of time, the Internet and tsr are filled with threads rating men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for the affirmation :tongue:

ahh I am a slightly bulkier version of him :tongue:…very Bowie feels. Minus the chain

then you probably don't have anything to worry about looks-wise :smile: (unlike me, I'm pretty unattractive haha :frown: )

bowie is my fave :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
well im sorry to hear that.

worse things going on in the world.

i can't PM you until you delete some of your inbox :redface:
I have heard them say that they like a guy with softer features, a cuddly teddy bear, a baby face, even a bit of a belly/pooch-but like I say not once have I seen such men get 'rated' by the horny lasses of TSR :holmes:

I mean I have no problem with idealised male fantasies but I now think these are the guys they're aiming for lol, and like, I do not think a single person I have met my age, not even the hottest of my friends or peers would pass that test :s-smilie:

Maybe the horny lasses of TSR don't prefer 'feminine' guys? You've already grouped the women of TSR with that commonality, so maybe certain groups of women have different preferences.

Test? I don't think dating is about passing tests :tongue:
Original post by naftie

yeah i'm not as attractive as those guys even loool well let's see how it goes
Reply 19
both tbh.

It does seem anime lovers and South Asian women go for the more androgynous types :biggrin:

Well I only joined yesterday so maybe that's the reason ;D
but seriously, I really dislike judging people by their looks. I think they're important but definitely shouldn't decide you who date. Also a great way to destroy someone's self esteem/: As to why others don't post on them, maybe they think similarly?

Ahaha, a majority of the main guys in romance anime are bishounen (long hair, feminine faces, gentle, etc) so that's probably why!

Maybe your ex did truly love you, but just fell out of love? It might not have been that he was more masculine, perhaps she just loved him. Sometimes I don't think we get to decide who we like? I have literally no experience so sorry if this sounds weird?

Quick Reply

Latest