The Student Room Group

Women say 'I go for feminine guys' but I never see one on a 'rate this hot guy' threa

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naftie
Well I only joined yesterday so maybe that's the reason ;D
but seriously, I really dislike judging people by their looks. I think they're important but definitely shouldn't decide you who date. Also a great way to destroy someone's self esteem/: As to why others don't post on them, maybe they think similarly?

Ahaha, a majority of the main guys in romance anime are bishounen (long hair, feminine faces, gentle, etc) so that's probably why!

Maybe your ex did truly love you, but just fell out of love? It might not have been that he was more masculine, perhaps she just loved him. Sometimes I don't think we get to decide who we like? I have literally no experience so sorry if this sounds weird?

she claims she didn't leave me for him (I have no idea, we've had 6 months NC with one meeting at the 4 month part where I told her it was too soon to be friends) and she left me because she's Hindu with super strict parents tbqh, what destroyed our relationship was my paranoia
Original post by Odd socks
then you probably don't have anything to worry about looks-wise :smile: (unlike me, I'm pretty unattractive haha :frown: )

bowie is my fave :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Socky I've seen you you've got a lovely face and figure to go with a heart of gold :hugs:
Not gonna lie. I don't tend to be drawn to more feminine looking guys. I'm not into the hugely built guys either, though. More like:

robbie-williams-hot-657233929.jpg

and, well, see my avatar :smile:.

However, the saying that tastes differ is very true. I have a friend who's about 5 ft 6, slender, quite "baby-faced", and he has no problem with the ladies.
Original post by Splenge007
Maybe the horny lasses of TSR don't prefer 'feminine' guys? You've already grouped the women of TSR with that commonality, so maybe certain groups of women have different preferences.

Test? I don't think dating is about passing tests :tongue:

if most of the horny lasses of TSR don't like feminine guys, and most are in the 16-25 range, it follows that there is a probability (due to the sheer number and indeed more introverted, intellectual personality type of the average TSRian) that the majority of 16-25 women don't like feminine guys. I.e. ii) was right, it's a hormonal thing and internalised cultural bias towards hyper masculinity declines with age as hormones decline

it then follows I need to find a new sample of women :tongue: I have 3/4 (?) so far (all of which I value btw!)

it shouldn't be, but invariably is often-standards are a form of test
Maybe the horny lasses of TSR don't prefer 'feminine' guys? You've already grouped the women of TSR with that commonality, so maybe certain groups of women have different preferences.

Test? I don't think dating is about passing tests :tongue:

if most of the horny lasses of TSR don't like feminine guys, and most are in the 16-25 range, it follows that there is a probability (due to the sheer number and indeed more introverted, intellectual personality type of the average TSRian) that the majority of 16-25 women don't like feminine guys. I.e. ii) was right, it's a hormonal thing and internalised cultural bias towards hyper masculinity declines with age as hormones decline

it then follows I need to find a new sample of women :tongue: I have 3/4 (?) so far (all of which I value btw!)

Original post by Kittiara
Not gonna lie. I don't tend to be drawn to more feminine looking guys. I'm not into the hugely built guys either, though. More like:

robbie-williams-hot-657233929.jpg

and, well, see my avatar :smile:.

However, the saying that tastes differ is very true. I have a friend who's about 5 ft 6, slender, quite "baby-faced", and he has no problem with the ladies.

actually your avatar can qualify I say :biggrin:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
actually your avatar can qualify I say :biggrin:

Yeah, probably. Axl was rather pretty back in the day. :biggrin:
Reply 27
if most of the horny lasses of TSR don't like feminine guys, and most are in the 16-25 range, it follows that there is a probability (due to the sheer number and indeed more introverted, intellectual personality type of the average TSRian) that the majority of 16-25 women don't like feminine guys.I.e. ii) was right, it's a hormonal thing and internalised cultural bias towards hyper masculinity declines with age as hormones decline

hahaha this doesn't apply to me in the least, I'm only 15 (well 16 in like a week). But it is true that others my age tend to prefer muscular men, though I find them to be more concerned with looks in general, like spending hours on their hair and makeup, whereas I don't wear makeup or use any products at all.

she claims she didn't leave me for him (I have no idea, we've had 6 months NC with one meeting at the 4 month part where I told her it was too soon to be friends) and she left me because she's Hindu with super strict parents tbqh, what destroyed our relationship was my paranoia

that really sucks then): maybe you could find someone who can empathise and understand you better? though that probably sounds easier than it is I imagine

Even if it's true, even if girls are aiming for masculine guys, not all of these girls will get them, then it's your cue :yy:

lol, kidding :biggrin:

i think it's a niche group of girls who prefer feminine guys.

you must be quite young. don't worry, you'll grow our of your baby face. hopefully that'll give you confidence, too.
Even if it's true, even if girls are aiming for masculine guys, not all of these girls will get them, then it's your cue :yy:

lol, kidding :biggrin:

i think it's a niche group of girls who prefer feminine guys.

you must be quite young. don't worry, you'll grow our of your baby face. hopefully that'll give you confidence, too.

oi :tongue:

yeah, seems that way :smile:

I'm 22 I just have social anxiety :tongue:

Spoiler

If i remember correctly women actually prefer more feminine men at a certain time of the month and more masculine men at other times.

Lettuce be cereal though, in general men are attracted to feminine qualities and women are attracted to masculine qualities. You can always increase your masculinity in certain ways though OP.
It feels fishy when they* say jawlines etc. are not important when every single one of these damn threads involves some guy with a very explicitly masculine jawline, high cheekbones, chiseled features, lean etc. Never do I see a guy who could remotely be described as 'feminine' or having 'softer features'. I can only come to 4 conclusions

Welp, here's your problem.

"Feminine" =/= "Soft features". When we say we like feminine guys, we still mean high cheekbones and strong jawlines, not baby faces.

I mean, all in all though, we wont complain as to what face structure/body shape our boyfriends may have
i can't PM you until you delete some of your inbox :redface:

done.
Just gonna throw my 2 cents in...

I'm a bisexual girl with a preference for women, however I am currently in a relationship with a guy who is more in touch with his feminine side and if I think about it, most of the guys I've been in relationships with before have been more in touch with their feminine side too.

Now, he doesn't "look" girly - he just looks, seems and acts as a normal man but when you interact with him you see that his personality and his thought patterns are typical to that as what you'd see in a woman. He said it himself - he sees himself as 70% female and I agree. He also thinks he may be transgender but he's unsure if it's just a phase or if it's what he truly thinks he is - regardless, I'll support him whether he decides he is transgender or not.

As a girl who seems to date guys more in touch with their feminine side, it's not the looks - it's the personality and the way they act :smile: All the guys I've dated are pretty much normal looking guys.

Sorry if I haven't explained myself well but I just wanted to let people know there are girls like me out there :tongue:
Original post by Another
Welp, here's your problem.

"Feminine" =/= "Soft features". When we say we like feminine guys, we still mean high cheekbones and strong jawlines, not baby faces.

I mean, all in all though, we wont complain as to what face structure/body shape our boyfriends may have

Ohhh hahaha

What is the difference :tongue:
Original post by Spetznaaz
If i remember correctly women actually prefer more feminine men at a certain time of the month and more masculine men at other times.

Lettuce be cereal though, in general men are attracted to feminine qualities and women are attracted to masculine qualities. You can always increase your masculinity in certain ways though OP.

Aye ovulation an ting
Girls are generally interested in more masculine guys for a quick bit of fun, but often those guys aren't long-term relationship material. Which girls usually only realise later, to their disappointment.

Studies have shown that this applies right down to a monthly basis: girls are likely to find buff masculine guys attractive while they're ovulating, but outside this time would rather spend time with guys who are nice to spend time with. This doesn't necessarily mean 'feminine', but it probably doesn't mean Captain Jawline McDumbbells.
(edited 9 years ago)
Socky I've seen you you've got a lovely face and figure to go with a heart of gold :hugs:

:colondollar: you're too kind, ive gotten really fat lately and I look terrible :ashamed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not gonna lie. I prefer testosterone fuelled brutes-but they have to be mega brainy too. Call me greedy but I want it all.

I do however have friends who like feminine men as they themselves are more masculine and want to be the "guy" of the relationship so to speak.
Reply 39
Might be that by "feminine" they mean "not overly muscled and without a beard"

Quick Reply

Latest