The Student Room Group

Health Check worries?

Hi, last year I had stress related depression, mainly because I was being bullied at work and disliked the job anyway and was looking for a way into nursing. I was prescribed Citalopram 20mg, but I didn't even take them for the whole month (for the drugs to kick in).
During this month I decided to completely change my life, started my access course and doing things that are right for me.
I'm worried about the health check forms that I and my GP have to fill out and if this will jeopardise my place at Uni?

I would appreciate any advice/knowledge you can share with me!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by lucymaria
Hi, last year I had stress related depression, mainly because I was being bullied at work and disliked the job anyway and was looking for a way into nursing. I was prescribed Citalopram 20mg, but I didn't even take them for the whole month (for the drugs to kick in).
During this month I decided to completely change my life, started my access course and doing things that are right for me.
I'm worried about the health check forms that I and my GP have to fill out and if this will jeopardise my place at Uni?

I would appreciate any advice/knowledge you can share with me!

Thank you :smile:

I'm sure it'll be ok.. make sure you are always honest, and if given the chance explain the tablets to your university

And try and have the attitude if you do get declined that its not for you anyway and that you'll be better somewhere else
Reply 2
Original post by hycurrie
I'm sure it'll be ok.. make sure you are always honest, and if given the chance explain the tablets to your university

And try and have the attitude if you do get declined that its not for you anyway and that you'll be better somewhere else

I've only had an offer for one university out of 5, still waiting on one unis decision but if I get rejected for the health check then I won't get in any university. So it matters a lot! X
Original post by lucymaria
I've only had an offer for one university out of 5, still waiting on one unis decision but if I get rejected for the health check then I won't get in any university. So it matters a lot! X

No i wasnt trivialising it, sorry if thats what came across. I was trying to say to try and put a positive spin on if you can.

But, unis shouldnt really decline you just because of a health check but you've got one offer (which is good) which means it didn't stop you getting an offer hopefully the pther universities will be the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending