The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurensmiley97
Absolutely loved it!! Think I slightly annoyed my friend who I saw it with though: "that's the bridge of sighs!" "that's King's!" "that's St John's!" "omg it's second court!" Lmao :biggrin::colondollar:

Stephen Hawking didnt even go to St Johns. He was at Trinity Hall- they should have shown that one. My dad was at Johns...
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol I hated it. Thought it was gonna have lots of Maths and Physics in there. I was totally wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol was it a chicken flick?
I've seen it on advertisement
Have you seen that Kim.Jong Un movie that's apparently out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Interesting! Yeah nine months is a long long time... I worked in an experimental physiology lab last summer, it was very interesting if you're into DNA extractions and testing and those kinds of things :smile: have fun on your holiday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa, that sounds really high tech! Must have been fun. It's so hard finding part time work / internships where I live. The prevailing attitude is "you're just a kid out of A levels go get a degree and come back". Have you been offered medicine as well? Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathMeister
lol was it a chicken flick?
I've seen it on advertisement
Have you seen that Kim.Jong Un movie that's apparently out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That Kim Jong Un film got banned, or am I thinking of something else? Or was that just in America?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That Kim Jong Un film got banned, or am I thinking of something else? Or was that just in America?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still on the Internet

It's hilarious

Worth a watch
Original post by Blutooth
Stephen Hawking didnt even go to St Johns. He was at Trinity Hall- they should have shown that one. My dad was at Johns...

Yes but why would they film tit hall or caius (where he did his research) if they can film the most fabulous place that is St John's???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Yusss!! Too bad St John's didn't want me in the end :sigh: that bit made me happy on the one hand (because Cambridge!!!) but sad on the other (because I'll be like an hour away from the Cavendish) :redface::hand::s-smilie::unimpressed::angry::mad::frown::no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no! But I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go :smile: lol I hope our May Balls are as good as the one in the film! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but what ya gonna do? :P Think they just went for the places that looked the best haha (and they definitely chose correctly)! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UrbanPapaya
Whoa, that sounds really high tech! Must have been fun. It's so hard finding part time work / internships where I live. The prevailing attitude is "you're just a kid out of A levels go get a degree and come back". Have you been offered medicine as well? Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bio natsci at John's :smile:
Where I live (Greece) nobody ever does any work experience so I just found some researchers through Google and sent them an email asking whether I can come help out and learn during the summer. They were all really surprised since they never had school kids there (that was after AS) but they still let me in - everyone thought I was a postgrad student! Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw no! But I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go :smile: lol I hope our May Balls are as good as the one in the film! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're vet med at John's if I remember right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: I'm just not thrilled about the 1 hour or so walk to west cambridge site where my department is :P I've seen vids - they're better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Yeah :smile: I'm just not thrilled about the 1 hour or so walk to west cambridge site where my department is :P I've seen vids - they're better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Homerton? Yeah they seem amazing, but really expensive too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Homerton? Yeah they seem amazing, but really expensive too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I know right??? I'd be willing to spend my last penny on the tickets though! Do you guys know if Homerton has a May Ball?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I might want Imperial as an insurance depending on the offer they give me. As long as the STEP grades are lower (If step is included)it will be my insurance. (If they give me an offer that is)

If something bad happens and you can't make it to a STEP exam or you're completely unfocused and fail it, no uni for you... I guess you're willing to take that risk

Which college was the one where he was shown in his room when doing his PhD in the film?
Original post by Elcor
If something bad happens and you can't make it to a STEP exam or you're completely unfocused and fail it, no uni for you... I guess you're willing to take that risk

Which college was the one where he was shown in his room when doing his PhD in the film?

St Johns. I expect they'll have more applying due to the film.
(edited 9 years ago)
St Johns. I expect they'll have more applying due to the film.

Ah, they probably tweaked the facts of his life a bit there to appeal to the audience. When I visited Gonville and Caius college it wasn't much to look at.

How are you finding your course at Oxford? It sounds interesting.
Original post by Elcor
Ah, they probably tweaked the facts of his life a bit there to appeal to the audience. When I visited Gonville and Caius college it wasn't much to look at.

How are you finding your course at Oxford? It sounds interesting.

Stephan hawking did his phd at tit hall... Hes a fellow at gonville and caius now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Yh thats true. I am willing to take that risk. Bearing in mind im taking all 3 step exams hopefully ill get a 2 in one of them atleast 😁. Which is what is required for warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Stephan hawking did his phd at tit hall... Hes a fellow at gonville and caius now

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure as I've heard both mentioned with his name.
Yh thats true. I am willing to take that risk. Bearing in mind im taking all 3 step exams hopefully ill get a 2 in one of them atleast . Which is what is required for warwick.

Why are you sitting STEP I if it's not part of your Cambridge offer? I'm guessing it's part of other uni offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending