The Student Room Group

personality or looks (girls only)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Girls in this thread are acting like their super models, and they get hot guys asking them out every day..."he better be funny", no how about you try put a bit more effort in to the conversations. Guys can handle the banter and are pretty funny, most girls I've met are pretty boring. Sort that **** out.
Reply 41
Original post by Groot
Why take just personality when you can try to bag a guy with BOTH good personality and looks? :wink:

Oh dear, you're not one of those 'my boyfriend is perfect we are going to be together 4eva xxxx' are you?

I actually don't care about looks face-wise. I just need him to be taller than me, have nice teeth and be funny and that will win him a first date.
Original post by trabajador
Hi, I was just wondering whether girls cared more about a guy's personality or his looks for bf material?

For me,

Personality first

Looks are a bonus

Bye
As long as the guy isn't overweight/fat/obese, I don't really care about looks. Although someone fit (I'm fit myself) and taller than me (most guys are, I'm 5'7") would be nice.
It's a combination of both OP, it's as simple as that :smile: although I'm more inclined towards a person with an interesting/quirky personality and a sense of humour, but that's just me!
Original post by Groot
He must be attractive to you to SOME extent. Physical attraction plays a role in relationships. Why do people keep undervaluing it.

You don't seem to understand that what you want in a relationship is not universal or necessary for successful relationships.
There does have to be a physical attraction. If I can't see myself kissing someone, let alone anything else, that makes having a relationship with them rather difficult. That doesn't mean that he has to be some kind of model, though. He just has to be attractive to me. And that attraction can form, or grow, when I get to know someone and I like their personality. So, it doesn't necessarily come first.

Either way, personality is the most important. A guy can be the hottest guy I've ever seen, but if he doesn't have a good personality, it's not going to happen. Whilst attraction can grow, as said, I'll never grow to like someone with a horrible personality. Compatibility makes or breaks a relationship.
Both are important. I wouldn't be with someone if I wasn't attracted to them, but likewise I wouldn't be with them if we didn't have similar interests etc. A mix of the 2 are necessary for a successful relationship IMO.

Original post by Izzyeviel
Either way I'm screwed.

Dat self confidence :laugh: I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.

Original post by AnharM
Girls in this thread are acting like their super models, and they get hot guys asking them out every day..."he better be funny", no how about you try put a bit more effort in to the conversations. Guys can handle the banter and are pretty funny, most girls I've met are pretty boring. Sort that **** out.

Lmao so harsh :rofl2:
Size of his junk and wallet.
Original post by Birkenhead
You don't seem to understand that what you want in a relationship is not universal or necessary for successful relationships.

Indeed. Some people enter relationships from a practical and rational perspective.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Either way I'm screwed.

Damn right you are! Now revel in a sea of doom and gloom...
im not gonna lie and say looks arent important because it is. I need to be attracted to him for sure and then its the personity which will make me stay. i just want someone I connect with insantly and who makes me laugh so much without even trying (my favourite type of people!). Im really picky so my dream man is probably one in a million lol
Reply 52
Personality more so, but physical appearances are also important.
Both. Looks make a first impression whilst personality increases the attraction by a significant amount.
Reply 54
Personality. I had a crush on a family friend who I certainly wouldn't regard as good-looking. But our conversations would go on for hours which developed my attraction to him.
Looks matter a lot tbh. You don't go chatting to the skinny guy with acne before going to the hot swimmer. But on the long run, personality and chemistry are essential and looks are more like a welcomed bonus.
Original post by AnharM

Wow, someone pissed on your chips... if most guys are funny, then I don't see how that's a "super model" requirement. Guys don't prioritise humour in women in the same way women prioritise it in men.

Guys on here getting upset that girls say personality... it is personality, but not how some people think it is. Personality does not equate to being nice. Personality is about being confident, funny and intelligent, and none of those have much relation to being a good or moral person. Yeah, good looking guys will always get laid, but bang average guys with loads of confidence will too.
Girls only care about 4 things: money, looks (must be 10/10), height and muscles. That's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enoxial
You forgot the third option - Money.

You went HAM on this thread.

Kudos
Original post by xforeverinfinite
Personality for sure. I've been attracted to guys in the past who I didn't particularly find attractive looks wise, but their personality and great sense of humor won me over :biggrin:

This ^ :ditto:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending