The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cookie_m14
29 June - 21 August 2015

Are you having an offer for the HSBC summer?
Original post by tommylee0340
Are you having an offer for the HSBC summer?

i do not think hsbc has given any offers yet
Original post by ProjectNr2
i do not think hsbc has given any offers yet

I'm not sure whether HSBC has given any offers to people who applied online (pretty much everyone).

Just to clarify why I've already got an offer - I did their School Leaver Insight Programme last summer so I didn't have to apply online for their 1st year internship. I got my offer around November time.
Original post by Cookie_m14
I'm not sure whether HSBC has given any offers to people who applied online (pretty much everyone).

Just to clarify why I've already got an offer - I did their School Leaver Insight Programme last summer so I didn't have to apply online for their 1st year internship. I got my offer around November time.

ah cool congrats then :biggrin::p:p
I'm currently in year 13. I got 9A*s and 1A at GCSE
5As at AS level (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, english literature)
A2 to be taken in summer of 2015

Ive got an offer from UCL to study mechanical engineering starting september 2015 and will probably firm it. What are the chances of me getting into a top investment bank job? Will i need to read up on economics etc..?

I also intend to complete work experience with at least 2 banks by the time i leave uni
I do a lot of sport (ran for GB over 800m for U18 and have played club hockey at national level)
Ive also completed Grade 8 Violin and I've been teaching for 5 years now

Im 18 years old

thanks for any feedback
Original post by ProjectNr2
ah cool congrats then :biggrin::p:p

Cheers, I posted some information about it like 100 page back or so. But if you have any questions just ask and I'll try to answer or give you the appropriate HR contact. Good luck!

If anyone does get an offer add me on LinkedIn (Colton Morris) and I'll introduce you to everyone else. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thegayman

Ive got an offer from UCL to study mechanical engineering starting september 2015 and will probably firm it. What are the chances of me getting into a top investment bank job? Will i need to read up on economics etc..?

I also intend to complete work experience with at least 2 banks by the time i leave uni
I do a lot of sport (ran for GB over 800m for U18 and have played club hockey at national level)

Im 18 years old

thanks for any feedback

as good chances as almost everyone from a target....
but theres a special thread for that kind of questions...

Im 18 years old

thanks for any feedback

Sounds pretty solid to me, you're definitely in with a chance! Just make sure you are familiar with basic economic principles (supply demand etc) and jargon (revenue etc) for now.

Also lots of banks do insight days for A Level students, RBS, JPM etc. HSBC has a school leaver insight programme which isn't IB but you get paid and good experience. (Any financial experience is good at your stage)

(This is a thread about SWs though so if you have any questions PM me rather than spamming up the forum)

Good luck with your A Levels!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Im 18 years old

thanks for any feedback

You've got a good chance but it all comes down to personality at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone still have interview at the moment? I have interview with RBS tmr, don't know if any chance?
Anyone know the dates for Blackrock?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Anyone know the dates for Blackrock?

Was 15th-19th in 2013 and I think I remember reading it was 14-18th last year, that could be off though. So more than likely 13th-17th this year.
Original post by Beige101
Was 15th-19th in 2013 and I think I remember reading it was 14-18th last year, that could be off though. So more than likely 13th-17th this year.

Ugh going to have to withdraw them too :frown:
Anyone know the spring week dates for ICAP and HSBC?
Also when is the barclays spring week?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Ugh going to have to withdraw them too :frown:

They didn't end up having a SW last year, they had an 'exclusive 1st year insight day' instead. Could be the same this year, who knows?
Original post by AC1995
They didn't end up having a SW last year, they had an 'exclusive 1st year insight day' instead. Could be the same this year, who knows?

Think they were separate events - have a friend who did their spring week last year and was fast-tracked to summer this year from it.

Also if you look at online reviews from last year they all state it was a week.

eg.
http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/placement-review/54495/blackrock/portfolio-analytics-spring-intern
(edited 9 years ago)
Also my barclays application page says invited to interview, but i never got an email... Is that normal?
Original post by BumbleB33
Also my barclays application page says invited to interview, but i never got an email... Is that normal?

Yeah, I didn't get an email either; I don't think many people did.

I just checked my application a few times a day until there were interview slots available.

Im 18 years old

thanks for any feedback

You're a troll.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45987531&highlight=

I'm studying... MATHS CHEM BIO

I'm interested in... MATHS

I'm thinking about... DOCTOR AND MEDICINE

Got an offer for mechanical engineering in December. Got 5As at AS (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, English literature) and 10A*s at GCSE
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending