The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
It would take an epic collapse now haha.

Yeah the worst choke ever
Murray is cooked. I can't see Djokovic choking this away from this position. Might even be a bagel set.
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah the worst choke ever

Far and away.
Andy is gonna get bagelled. Yikes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Called it. Final set bagel.
As much as I want Novak to win a bagel now would be overly harsh
Djokovic was far from unbeatable but Murray was very poor. He is still nowhere near his best. Like I said before he wouldn't have made the final if he had to play Federer. He has to improve his serve massively if he is to beat the big guns again.

Speaking of Federer, I really think this was another missed opportunity for him to win another major. He could have beaten this Novak.
I smell a bagel.

After a fantastic second set, Murray just flat out faltered. His energy has just gone.
Congrats Djokovic!
Bagaled by two of the big four in 3 months.
Novak wins and now has the most Australian Open titles in open era. I never thought that he would be the outright leader in any of the slams before 2011. Congrats to him and his fans.
When was the last time both number 1 seeds won a grand slam?
Rafa or Roger would have a good shot at Nole in this one I reckon. Compared to the Wimbledon final where Djokovic was brilliant start to finish, Murray knows that he had his chances during some bizarre patches of play from him.
Original post by lizzy95

Australian Open 2013. Novak and Azarenka.
Not to forget, congrats to Djokovic and fans!
Original post by lizzy95

I'm sorry this is completely unrelated, but who's your favourite player(s)? :smile:
The awkwardness there when Novak said to Andy and Kim, " i wish you a wonderful wedding and many kids"
Original post by K1NG93
Australian Open 2013. Novak and Azarenka.

Thanks, must've temporarily forgotten that as early as 2013 Serena wasn't bulldozing through the field and Azarenka was top dog
Original post by lizzy95
Thanks, must've temporarily forgotten that as early as 2013 Serena wasn't bulldozing through the field and Azarenka was top dog

A real shame that Aza has fallen way down the rankings.
Hoping Azarenka can climb the rankings quickly. Only defending an R2 at Indian Wells before Eastbourne, only 2000 points needed to be back in the top 10.

Quick Reply

Latest