Would you ever learn another language?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Learning spanish atm
Reply 21
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I wanted to carry on doing a level German but they didn't let me :frown:

Now hopefully will apply to do english and portuguese at uni

ohh sounds cool, do you know some portuguese?
Original post by number23
ohh sounds cool, do you know some portuguese?

My mum tried teaching some before she died but I've forgotten it all! Hoping to start afresh :smile:
Reply 23
I'm a native English speaker and I emigrated to Denmark a couple of years ago. I now speak Danish pretty fluently and am studying a fairly demanding degree which is taught in it. I am also at a very high level in German and Spanish, but my active ability in those is pretty much non-existent right now (because I've avoided them like the plague while learning Danish).

In future I'd like to brush off my German and Spanish, maybe work more on French (did it to A-level 10 years ago), maybe pick up Japanese (have tried to start many times but got distracted).
Speak English, Welsh, Spanish and Catalan

Currently learning french!
Original post by Cosimo96
I'm an eighteen Italian guy and at the moment I speak fluently English German and French. Actually, my aim is learning other three languages (Russian, Portuguese and Arabic). I believe that languages allows u to glimpse what for the others is hidden. That's like living an other life for each language u learn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, this is so nice! I forgot Portuguese, that would be great to learn too:smile: I'm afraid about not having time to learn more than 5 languages, so many things I want to do in life!:smile:
Reply 26
I have learnt English, perhaps I'll try Italian later.
Reply 27
Original post by Gott
German and Swedish

You said you were learning French earlier?
Reply 28
Original post by Reue
Nope. Despite living and working in France for a few months at a time; I've never managed to pick up more than a few words. Memory just isnt good enough to remember new languages!

Owh, no. And I was just thinking about getting a job there so I can improve my French :frown:

Original post by og.east
yeah french and spanish

Original post by Omni Vanitas
Speak English, Welsh, Spanish and Catalan

Currently learning french!

How do you guys holding up with the language? I'm doing terrible at the moment; ups and downs and all that :s-smilie:
I want to learn a language that a tiny amount of people speak. Just so when I hear someone else speaking it we'd have a cool thing to talk about.
Original post by mbaldellou19
Wow, this is so nice! I forgot Portuguese, that would be great to learn too:smile: I'm afraid about not having time to learn more than 5 languages, so many things I want to do in life!:smile:

Yes I perfectly know what u mean. Even about university, there are so many humanty studies I wanted to take on that "choices" was the most difficult part to fill in... more than PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Javascript
Original post by Josb
I have learnt English, perhaps I'll try Italian later.

Good luck with Italian. U'll see that's not so easy to learn ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Italian or German, as they're both beautiful languages.
Reply 34
Original post by Gott
I hate French, I never want to learn another word, thank you very much

lol

Original post by Cosimo96
Good luck with Italian. U'll see that's not so easy to learn ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm French, so I can already read it, but the grammar and conjugation look difficult. :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Italian or German, as they're both beautiful languages.

Not French? :frown:
Original post by Josb
lol

I'm French, so I can already read it, but the grammar and conjugation look difficult. :biggrin:

That's the same for me with French! When I don't know a word I just have to think to the Italian word (slightly changing it) and I get quite always right ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Not French? :frown:

I can speak French already so it's all good :smile:

..well kind of :tongue:
I'd love to learn some French again one day.
Totally agree, although it took so many time and effort to write the PS haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest