The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
Hi Joanne9495,

I think you've misunderstood. The reason I have knowledge of the task is because I am already a 4th year BM6 student who helps out at the interviews. I spend my time on TSR giving out information to students about everything I can, and when I don't know I ask the facult
This part:
Was not said by me if you check, but by the user TCO.

I was quite polite (I thought) to a user who repeatedly asked for information that is not available and would be unfair to disclose, let alone against university and TSR policies. Everyone wants an advantage. Everyone wants to get into the course, which is why things have to be kept fair.

Nothing cynical here at all!

Neostigmine.

I think you were polite too thanks!
Original post by Joanne9495
"You're really missing the point, even having an example of a past task would give you somewhat of an advantage over others, you would know the type of task you are required to complete so will know what to expect and the thought process / strategy needed to tackle it, just turn up and do your best, no need to cheat your way through"

If you know the task is pretty much the same this year, I would say you are the one with the advantage....

Excuse someone for trying to improve their own chance to increase their chances of acceptance to a course they really want to do! - Nothing cynical here, please get a grip.

Potential future doctor as well...

Thanks .... I think
If you guys want to have an argument/need to express your opinion on something that is not related to BM6 specifically, please could you message each other :smile: I keep getting notification of updates to this thread.
Original post by needy2.0
I wasn't asking for specifics I meant an example of a past task

I think you're TSR name suits you very well 😂
Original post by Calisthenist
I think you're TSR name suits you very well 😂

I thought so too. 😉
When Southampton start to give out interview invitations do they normally contact people through email or update it on your UCAS track?
Original post by Dilan030497
When Southampton start to give out interview invitations do they normally contact people through email or update it on your UCAS track?

Email or letter. They use UCAS for offers :yes:
OMG, I just released that the first interview is a month away! that means some applicants should find out within two weeks for interview requests?
This thread is really startin to heat up as time comes closer to the interview stage. Relax. Plus show some respect to 'Neostigmine' she dosn't have to offer her insider support to us but still does :smile:
Original post by mangomango
OMG, I just released that the first interview is a month away! that means some applicants should find out within two weeks for interview requests?

Should do yes :yes:.

Focus on getting A levels though and try to forget about interviews. It is easy to get caught up on the excitement but if you don't get your grades you won't get a place, even if you get an offer.

It's easier said than done though haha!

Got my fingers crossed for you all :yes:>
just wanted to know if there was an age limit for the BM6 programme
If you're predicted AAA and they want to offer you a place, will the offer be AAA or will it be lower? Or does it depend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to ask if they will accept student that have retaken AS levels and now are in A2??
Original post by Bsivusbbs
I wanted to ask if they will accept student that have retaken AS levels and now are in A2??

Hey
Am in the same position as you
But couple of weeks into the time i sent my application they sent me an email saying i have to explain why am retaking.
They then said they will put my reason with my application so i could be considered or not. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bueno786
If you're predicted AAA and they want to offer you a place, will the offer be AAA or will it be lower? Or does it depend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the offer will be BBC for everyone
Original post by needy2.0
just wanted to know if there was an age limit for the BM6 programme

No, but if you're 60 or something they may ask why you're going into 6 years of study if you can only work for 10 years after :P

Original post by Bueno786

Posted from TSR Mobile

All offers are BBC

Original post by Bsivusbbs

No because you've taken a levels over 3 years. Unless you have a really good reason for it. These reasons are judged on a case by case basis.

Original post by crazya96
Hey
Am in the same position as you
But couple of weeks into the time i sent my application they sent me an email saying i have to explain why am retaking.
They then said they will put my reason with my application so i could be considered or not. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yes:. Yeah. The answer is "No, unless you have good reasons".

Original post by Calisthenist
I think the offer will be BBC for everyone

:yes:
Does Southampton Prosect or Dissect in anatomy sessions?
Original post by alanconnel
Does Southampton Prosect or Dissect in anatomy sessions?

Prosect with the option to dissect in a later year.
Reply 478
why is it taking so long to reply is there anyone that received interview or offer?
Original post by Asad85
why is it taking so long to reply is there anyone that received interview or offer?

I don't think anyone has heard yet. They said 2-3 weeks before the interview date so I'm guessing we'll hear near the 13th maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending