The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palmtreebackpack
No.. Starting to think maybe it's a bad sign. Have you?

I haven't heard and I submitted mine on the 16th of Jan. I know they were still inviting people to take video interview on Monday just passed so maybe they are waiting to view those ones? That other person you have asked I think didnt hear back for three weeks! But that was before Christmas so could be different for those invited earlier.

When did you submit yours? I was confident about mine so would be disappointed if I didn't get through! :frown:
Hi guys, im new to this thread.
To people who got video interviews from Irwin Mitchell, how long did it take to get a video invite post app? Xx
Original post by cutegirl15
To people who got video interviews from Irwin Mitchell, how long did it take to get a video invite post app? Xx

I got one two weeks after
Original post by DonnieCA
I haven't heard and I submitted mine on the 16th of Jan. I know they were still inviting people to take video interview on Monday just passed so maybe they are waiting to view those ones? That other person you have asked I think didnt hear back for three weeks! But that was before Christmas so could be different for those invited earlier.

When did you submit yours? I was confident about mine so would be disappointed if I didn't get through! :frown:

I submitted mine on the 7th so I'm pretty apprehensive now!! Yeah I think that's true I'm sure they had less interviews to look through before Christmas so maybe it's just taking longer.. Haha I'm glad yours went well, mine was awful but I'd just like to know either way!
Original post by cutegirl15

I submitted mine on the 24th nov and got an interview a week ago so I think it really depends!
Original post by Palmtreebackpack
I submitted mine on the 7th so I'm pretty apprehensive now!! Yeah I think that's true I'm sure they had less interviews to look through before Christmas so maybe it's just taking longer.. Haha I'm glad yours went well, mine was awful but I'd just like to know either way!

Interested to know if we got the same questions. Can I dm you?
Original post by DonnieCA
Interested to know if we got the same questions. Can I dm you?

Of course!
At ease, soldiers, February 1st is here...
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
Quick question, the DLA app has a 50 word space to write my interests/activities. Would you this would include my positions of responsibility?

I didn't. Just did a short list of my extracurricular activities etc.
Original post by NotMikeRoss
My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection :frown:
CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
White and Case - Waiting
DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask

I'm in my second year of non-law so not applying for that much right now but I will in october. I just wondered, you seemed to get such an impressive number of first/second interviews, do you have any previous experience in law at all? I don't and I'm worried it will hinder my applications, even though I am trying to get some for this summer.
Original post by TykeDragon
At ease, soldiers, February 1st is here...

Reckon next week will be a pretty big week!
Managed to get a White & Case application in at the eleventh hour. Wasn't able to give it the same degree of thought as any of my others though, so not getting my hopes up.
So has anyone had an interview with Clyde & Co?? Mine is on Tuesday, hope I ace it because I am really keen on Clyde!
Original post by Kidioteque
Managed to get a White & Case application in at the eleventh hour. Wasn't able to give it the same degree of thought as any of my others though, so not getting my hopes up.

I did the exact same thing. Bashed it out in an hour or two. I just did it for the sake of it. Not overly bothered since they do not recruit from vac scheme (i think).
Reply 1874
Hello all, I have an interview tomorrow and I've prepared my responses but Im struggling to think of a law I would change and why? Should i keep this focused on business or y general opinion?
Reply 1875
Original post by LawStudent30
Hey, I applied on the 16th Jan and heard back just before 5pm today. I applied to the Northern scheme too (not sure if that makes a difference).

Thank you! I applied to the London scheme so maybe it takes a bit longer! :smile:
Reply 1876
Original post by almvp
Hello all, I have an interview tomorrow and I've prepared my responses but Im struggling to think of a law I would change and why? Should i keep this focused on business or y general opinion?

Who's the interview with? I would personally focus on something related to the firm's practice areas so I could try and show off my understanding of the work they do (: that is just what I'd do though - I've never been asked that before
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
I did the exact same thing. Bashed it out in an hour or two. I just did it for the sake of it. Not overly bothered since they do not recruit from vac scheme (i think).

I think they do, unless their policy has changed this year. A friend of a friend was recruited for a TC off the back of doing a vac scheme last summer.
Reply 1878
Original post by Cp778
Who's the interview with? I would personally focus on something related to the firm's practice areas so I could try and show off my understanding of the work they do (: that is just what I'd do though - I've never been asked that before

thank you , yeh i was thinking the same. i dont know whether they will ask the q but thought that id consider my response.
Reply 1879
Hi everyone,

I have a osborne clarke AC coming up and they said we have to do a critical thinking test? Does this mean watson glaser or verbal reasoning? During the application process they made us do a verbal reasoning test and based on the info I found, previous AC's were made to do a verbal reasoning test so i'm confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending