The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Ucas adjustment

What are the chances of being accepted through adjustment for business management on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by r-t
What are the chances of being accepted through adjustment for business management on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, nobody will know at this stage. Only a small number of people do gain places through Adjustment, so that makes it seem unlikely, but then most people are happy with their firm choice. It's impossible to predict whether there will be spaces on your desired course. You also have to meet and exceed your firm offer, so would need to work very hard to make that happen - if you fall slightly short you won't be eligible anyway.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
My firm choice only want CCC anyway so realistically I can meet them which is why I am considering adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by r-t
My firm choice only want CCC anyway so realistically I can meet them which is why I am considering adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to think about which uni you want to go to. Adjustment isn't guaranteed, so do you actually want to go to the other uni? If not, you might be better to withdraw now and use [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] or Clearing. If you hang on until Adjustment you'll have applied for student finance and accommodation, which will give you more things to sort out. If you know now that you don't want your firm it's better to sort things in advance.
Reply 4
I do like my firm but I do think I can do better. I have researched a few universities to apply to and done my research about it. The reason why I want to use adjustment is because my firm choice will still be guaranteed even if I don't find anywhere else where as with extra or clearing I have no back up so I may be stuck with nothing if I don't find anything better. I am living at home so I don't need to worry about sorting out accommodation and with regards to student finance I've heard you just have to log into your account and swap the institution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, if you do exceed your predicted grades and are eligible for adjustment, is it only applicable for the degree you applied for or is there some flexibility?
Original post by bishopdon123
Hi, if you do exceed your predicted grades and are eligible for adjustment, is it only applicable for the degree you applied for or is there some flexibility?

You only get put in adjustment if you exceed your firm choice offer and You can apply for any subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NineTailedFox
You only get put in adjustment if you exceed your firm choice offer and You can apply for any subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending