The Student Room Group

To people who DON'T drink alcohol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbaldellou19
Well, I don't feel the need to. I'm crazy as normal so I don't need alcohol to have fun :biggrin:. I prefer enjoying the night being a 100% me.

Fair enough, I find even if I drink I'm still 100% me though :smile:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Fair enough, I find even if I drink I'm still 100% me though :smile:

I like the way you think, totally agree, if you drink or not you've got to be 100% you.
(edited 9 years ago)
I like the way you think, totally agree :smile:

Thanks, albeit a little more eccentric and awesome me :innocent:
Why?

Aren't you bored of seeing all your friends having a good time on the strip? You say you can have fun without alcohol but when everyone around you is drunk is it not just weird and awkward?

Don't you grow tiresome of the people achieving hedonism by simply engorging in the delicious elixir that is alcohol.

Have you ever let yourself loose and tried it? Being drunk can be really fun if moderated and you can still have a great healthy lifestyle.

Recent studies have actually pointed at alcohol being good for your health if consumed in moderation: http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/truth-wont-admit-drinking-healthy-87891

So...... what are you waiting for?

:colone:

Why? Because it doesn't mix well with my medication.

Am I bored? No.. Most of my friends don't drink.. Besides I don't have many friends.. Assuming we're excluding online ones.

Yeah I have tried it on a few occasions.. Didn't like it.. But I might force myself to drink at the end of the academic year.. Wash away the sorrow :colone:

If consumed in moderation.. That's asking a lot from someone that is already drunk.. Don't you think?:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks, albeit a little more eccentric and awesome me :innocent:

Eccentric is best word you can have used :wink: hahah
Original post by Binary Freak
Why? Because it doesn't mix too well with my medication.

Fair enough

Am I bored? No.. Most of my friends don't drink.. Besides I don't have many friends.. Assuming we're excluding online ones.

This makes me sad :sad:

Yeah I have tried it on a few occasions.. Didn't like it.. But I might force myself to drink at the end of the academic year.. Wash away the sorrow :colone:

Never drink alcohol to wash away sorrow :no: It will only make things worse :cry2:

If consumed in moderation.. That's asking a lot from someone that is already drunk.. Don't you think?:tongue:

Yeah.... but if you can control your body as well as I can you know when to stop :yep:

In bold

Yeah.... but if you can control your body as well as I can you know when to stop :yep:

In bold

But.. That was my plan to get rid of my ex :bawling:

and yeah that is true.. But facing facts - Majority of people cannot control themselves.. Hence why you have a load of university students in overdraft - Burning that money on freshers over alcohol :tongue:
Original post by Binary Freak
But.. That was my plan to get rid of my ex :bawling:

and yeah that is true.. But facing facts - Majority of people cannot control themselves.. Hence why you have a load of university students in overdraft - Burning that money on freshers over alcohol :tongue:

Yeah true, but at least they had fun :dontknow:
Eccentric is best word you can have used :wink: hahah

:wink2:
Yeah true, but at least they had fun :dontknow:

Yeah.. For a moment until realization bites them in the a** and they realize that they have no more money for anything! :P
Original post by TheArch
I'm 19, and I have never been drunk. Ever. Not even tipsy. *whispers* Oh, and I'm Russian...*runs away*

I just don't see the point, to be honest. I hate alcohol. Hate the smell, the taste, its after-effects (I mean, come on. I don't want to wake up with the worst headache ever and then running to the bathroom to vomit my intestines out), and the drunk people. My parents also don't drink (except on special occasions).
I do feel kinda left out and a little oppressed and judged by my fellow classmates and 'friends'. They find me boring, conservative and just, well, dull and weird. I prefer to drink my tea or coffee.
I choose not to drink because it's just something that I don't find any appeal in. And because my beloved uncle was a heavy drinker, who then hit my aunt whilst drunk, got divorced and passed away from alcoholic overdose and cancer. I don't drink because of people I know who were badly influenced by it, and because I just simply don't like drinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

question:

why do you think 90% of people enjoy drinking?

do you think that:

a) most people are just stupid morons who you have no respect for
b) you're a special unique flower
c) all of the above
I STRONGLY think that all alcoholic drinks MUST be banned because ;

a) if babies cant drink it, then why should we.
b)Its drawbacks outweigh the benefits(if any i doubt).
c) people lose their senses and have a fight and end up in hospital. Those hospital beds could have been used by those who need it or those who had an accident rather than those who deliberately tried to intoxicate themselves for the sake of looking cool.

If you still disagree, think about liver damage coz that ain't cool

looking cool in the long run is better than destroying and sacrificing yourself for the sake of looking cool and impressing you mates.
Original post by TheArch
I'm 19, and I have never been drunk. Ever. Not even tipsy. *whispers* Oh, and I'm Russian...*runs away*

I just don't see the point, to be honest. I hate alcohol. Hate the smell, the taste, its after-effects (I mean, come on. I don't want to wake up with the worst headache ever and then running to the bathroom to vomit my intestines out), and the drunk people. My parents also don't drink (except on special occasions).
I do feel kinda left out and a little oppressed and judged by my fellow classmates and 'friends'. They find me boring, conservative and just, well, dull and weird. I prefer to drink my tea or coffee.
I choose not to drink because it's just something that I don't find any appeal in. And because my beloved uncle was a heavy drinker, who then hit my aunt whilst drunk, got divorced and passed away from alcoholic overdose and cancer. I don't drink because of people I know who were badly influenced by it, and because I just simply don't like drinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

agreed! I dont understand why people drink it too.
Original post by cole-slaw
question:

why do you think 90% of people enjoy drinking?

do you think that:

a) most people are just stupid morons who you have no respect for
b) you're a special unique flower
c) all of the above

****ing hell, just leave him alone. Do you think there's something wrong with not drinking alcohol? Why? How does it harm you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08.f.poswal
agreed! I dont understand why people drink it too.

Some of it tastes nice, and the effects can feel good. It's a matter of shortsightedness, I think - people tend not to see the long-term consequences of short-term pleasures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarvingAutist
****ing hell, just leave him alone. Do you think there's something wrong with not drinking alcohol? Why? How does it harm you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would it have to harm me specifically for there to be something wrong with it?

That's a very selfish outlook on life, I think you should reconsider it.
Why would it have to harm me specifically for there to be something wrong with it?

That's a very selfish outlook on life, I think you should reconsider it.

Why do you think there is something wrong with abstinence? What is there to make a moral judgement on?
Original post by StarvingAutist
Why do you think there is something wrong with abstinence? What is there to make a moral judgement on?

Who is making a moral judgement here? Not me.
Original post by 08.f.poswal
I STRONGLY think that all alcoholic drinks MUST be banned because ;

a) if babies cant drink it, then why should we.
b)Its drawbacks outweigh the benefits(if any i doubt).
c) people lose their senses and have a fight and end up in hospital. Those hospital beds could have been used by those who need it or those who had an accident rather than those who deliberately tried to intoxicate themselves for the sake of looking cool.

If you still disagree, think about liver damage coz that ain't cool

looking cool in the long run is better than destroying and sacrificing yourself for the sake of looking cool and impressing you mates.

Those reasons.....

:rofl:
Who is making a moral judgement here? Not me.

Yes you are, you think there is something wrong with abstinence. Why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending