The Student Room Group

Straight girls and gay guys, what do find attractive in guys?

I saw a similar thread about girls, so I thought I'd reverse the question 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

A guy who's smart, funny, kind, healthy, has stubble and hm this is a bit far but a guy who can speak another language :smile:
Reply 2
Looks wise - dark brown hair, green or brown eyes, a beard, glasses, tattoos and not too thin but not too fat - just the kinda average Joe build.

Personality wise - loves animals, interested in science, isnt religious, funny, can take a joke, gamer and loves sci fi, fantasy movies

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not that fussy about looks but I love guys with stubble,glasses and tattoos (ahh). I wouldn't want the guy to be too fat or too thin either.
In terms of personality, I'd want someone who loves animals,kids,travelling,has a brilliant sense of humour and loves doing stuff like mountain climbing and canoeing
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Taller than me, nice eyes, not too much or too little hair, kinda thin and gangly, geeky, caring, understanding, must like doctor who, cant like football more than me, funny, friendly, loyal, loving and not afraid of commitment
Looks wise: fit, tall, brown or black hair

Personality wise: smart and has a good sense of humour
Bearded, glasses-wearing average build master race checking in...
This sounds strange, but I find it really attractive when a man is a really good, smooth driver on the road. I'm talking good decision making, safe, etc.

Calmness.
The ability and desire to listen to you.
I tend to find little mannerisms of people unique and attractive, which obv varies according to the person.
Independence
Logical thinking

Can't think of much else off the top of my head.
Original post by TurboCretin
Bearded, glasses-wearing average build master race checking in...

:sexface:
Original post by Emily.97
This sounds strange, but I find it really attractive when a man is a really good, smooth driver on the road.

I don't think it is strange, I prefer the same tbh :P
Original post by thesarcasticone
I don't think it is strange, I prefer the same tbh :P

Yay! Glad I'm not the only one then, haha!
Don't have any specific things I look out for in terms of appearance, none of the guys I've gone for look alike so I'll just talk about personality.

-Funny/good sense of humour. I love to laugh so it's important to me.

-Respectful. Not just of me but of other people, if you're rude to waiters/waitresses and sales attendants then I will instantly not be attracted to you.

-Not old fashioned. Whilst I can understand the appeal for some people and some old fashioned things are okay. Generally for me having old fashioned thoughts/opinions is a complete turn off.

-Thinks relationships should be 50/50

-Kind. Treats me and others well and fairly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by SophieSmall
Don't have any specific things I look out for in terms of appearance, none of the guys I've gone for look alike so I'll just talk about personality.

-Funny/good sense of humour. I love to laugh so it's important to me.

-Respectful. Not just of me but of other people, if you're rude to waiters/waitresses and sales attendants then I will instantly not be attracted to you.

-Not old fashioned. Whilst I can understand the appeal for some people and some old fashioned things are okay. Generally for me having old fashioned thoughts/opinions is a complete turn off.

-Thinks relationships should be 50/50

-Kind. Treats me and others well and fairly.

But Sophie, what if the waiters/waitresses were mostly unkind to him, thus making him unkind to them back?
Looks wise - tall, usually dark hair, strong jawline.

Personality - good sense of humor (dry / sardonic), intelligent but not arrogant about it, confident but - in the same respect - not arrogant.
Original post by kka25
But Sophie, what if the waiters/waitresses were mostly unkind to him, thus making him unkind to them back?

I thought that was given, common sense to be honest. You're respectful to people unless they give you a reason to not respect them. But in general everyone should be respectful.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm not that fussy about looks but I love guys with stubble,glasses and tattoos (ahh). I wouldn't want the guy to be too fat or too thin either.
In terms of personality, I'd want someone who loves animals,kids,travelling,has a brilliant sense of humour and loves doing stuff like mountain climbing and canoeing

:date:
Cute, sweet, in need of a cuddle, genuinely enjoys my company.
A big wallet is something I always look for in a first date. Being old-fashioned is a big turn on too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mommie Dearest
A big wallet is something I always look for in a first date. Being old-fashioned is a big turn on too.

You're alright with staying at home then?
Original post by Black Cat
You're alright with staying at home then?

If he's really fit and taking care of me. I wouldn't mind. Of course having children will occupy me for a while so he has to want to settle down ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending