The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have offers from 5 LNAT unis so it can't have gone too badly, however I came out of the exam feeling like I'd completely messed up.. interested to find out

Will we hear anything about the essay or is it just going to contain the MCQ result?
Original post by anonlad
I have offers from 5 LNAT unis so it can't have gone too badly, however I came out of the exam feeling like I'd completely messed up.. interested to find out

Will we hear anything about the essay or is it just going to contain the MCQ result?

only MCQ, essays are marked personally by the admissions tutors for each university (with seemingly no real set criteria) so we won't get them back.
Reply 62
Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Or any other college. Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
What are my prospects of getting in?
Did anyone receive his or her LNAT results for 2015?
Original post by abdullaaloran
Did anyone receive his or her LNAT results for 2015?

Mine haven't come through. It's more likely they'll be sent out tomorrow as it's Sunday today.
Really nervous, only applied to 1 LNAT uni, KCL. Has anyone heard anything from KCL yet?
Reply 66
Original post by marycarmen77
Really nervous, only applied to 1 LNAT uni, KCL. Has anyone heard anything from KCL yet?

Not yet
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Got rejected by UCL because of my LNAT :frown: really eager to find out how badly I did, and I now have no hope for KCL.

Unlucky :frown: May I ask when you applied? Good luck for KCL! :smile:
I have recieved a rejection from KCL, as they require a 35 with 667 in IB and my predicted grade is 39 with 666. They did not even bother to look at my LNATs
Nervous about my LNAT score..I applied to UCL and KCL, and have been rejected by UCL. I think my MC score was alright, but I did not do well on the essay...fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else.
Original post by Bknite87
Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Or any other college. Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
What are my prospects of getting in?

Your AS levels are really good! so you should have some confidence for an offer (although LNAT results could change that :wink:). However i do know that durham does generally accept candidates with higher GCSE's so it may not be as clear cut to get an offer or not than other people with 7+A*'s

On the point about college preferences, you should just go for a college you like, your choices will definitely not be reduced as if the college likes you but they have no more places, they will pool you into another college. Giving an open application basically randomly selects you into a college for you so by picking your college you choose instead of a computer.
Reply 71
Are we getting the results tomorrow?
Original post by Kav123
Are we getting the results tomorrow?

nobody really knows, but theres a strong probability that 'Early February' (from the LNAT website)means the first monday of the month, which is tomorrow. However it came out on the 4th last year, which was a Tuesday so any day from 1-4 i would say.
Reply 73
Original post by jamesmact
Unlucky :frown: May I ask when you applied? Good luck for KCL! :smile:

Thank you! :smile: my application got sent off around November, but I didn't do my LNAT until the 12th of Jan. Wbu?
Rejected from Nottingham so not too keen on my LNAT 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got an offer from them about a week and a half ago :smile:
Hey guys, I'm so excited to hear our results! I got an offer from Nottingham and one from Birmingham. I'm not sure how much Birmingham use it, but it said they were an LNAT uni. So it can't have gone too badly if I got those offers? Still waiting on Warwick but that's not LNAT.
really? well done! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are? And when you sent away your ucas etc?
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Yeah, I got an offer from them about a week and a half ago :smile:

really? well done! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are? And when you sent away your ucas etc?

Yeah no problem I got 11 A* at GCSE, 4 A's at AS, Predicted A*A*A*A*. I think I sent my application on the 16th November and completed the LNAT on the 22nd December :smile:

Latest