The Student Room Group

Isn't she just perfect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by xoflower
Maybe it's because people say dark girls are ugly, which makes them not care about how they look

Would the uni girl be pretty if she took care of herself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm maybe if she had another hairstyle...I don't like dreads and she chooses to have them.
I'd sign up for that union any day :sexface:
Reply 62
I'm mixed race and I'm just shaking my head right now why does it always have to come down to light skin vs dark skin or white vs black? Is it so controversial to comment on a dark skinned black woman's beauty?

Gabrielle Union is beautiful full stop. Forget the rest of it.
Reply 63
Original post by jazjaz
I'm mixed race and I'm just shaking my head right now why does it always have to come down to light skin vs dark skin or white vs black? Is it so controversial to comment on a dark skinned black woman's beauty?

Thank you. It's so utterly boring. I'm white and my last girlfriend was middle eastern. I don't even like blondes
Reply 64
Original post by Twinpeaks
Where on earth did you get that from?

So she exclaims that she is prettier than most white women. Is this some sort of achievement? i.e. are black women naturally less good looking so much so that it has to be celebrated when it isn't the case?
Reply 65
Original post by jazjaz

I'm assuming this was aimed at me, I'm not saying dark skin women are ugly, they are clearly not. The ones that are unattractive just tend to not take care of their skin properly.
Original post by Borgia
So she exclaims that she is prettier than most white women. Is this some sort of achievement? i.e. are black women naturally less good looking so much so that it has to be celebrated when it isn't the case?

No. It's in fact the opposite. She's saying she's prettier than white women, but not necessarily more pretty than black women.
Original post by AnharM
Hmmm maybe if she had another hairstyle...I don't like dreads and she chooses to have them.

What hair do you like on black girls? Lol not that I care, just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Twinpeaks
No. It's in fact the opposite. She's saying she's more prettier than white women, but not necessarily more pretty than black women.

So why is it worth pointing out? Read between the lines. Unfortunately a lot of black girls have (by no fault of their own) self confidence issues.

My point (and that of other posters) is stop comparing yourself with white women. There are attractive and ugly people in both races.
Original post by jazjaz

Well in the black community, slavery and influence from the White western media has had a negative effect on us when it comes to skin colour.

And I think we should mention her skin, as it's beautiful and it will boost the self esteem of other dark skin girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Borgia
So why is it worth pointing out? Read between the lines. Unfortunately a lot of black girls have (by no fault of their own) self confidence issues.

My point (and that of other posters) is stop comparing yourself with white women. There are attractive and ugly people in both races.

Well they are the standard of beauty, people compare us to them so what do you expect? We didn't cause this problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Well they are the standard of beauty, people compare us to them so what do you expect? We didn't cause this problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. I stated that. But you are perpetuating it by bringing up white people on a thread about a black woman.
pretty subjective at the end of the day....

some people may h8 to see the sight of black women others may find it ridiculously arousing
Reply 73
What hair do you like on black girls? Lol not that I care, just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like Gabrielle's hair (if she's dark skin), curly blonde hair if she's light skin...I personally just think girls should stop doing dreads, it looks manly and I think only guys suit them.

EDIT: The curly hair doesn't have to be blonde.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You haven't seen Elle Macpherson. 50 years old and she has an amazing body

But yeah,Gabrielle Union is pretty good for a 41 year old

Village bike.
Original post by AnharM
Like Gabrielle's hair (if she's dark skin), curly blonde hair if she's light skin...I personally just think girls should stop doing dreads, it looks manly and I think only guys suit them.

EDIT: The curly hair doesn't have to be blonde.

I think braids are better than dreads. I don't like blonde hair on black girls, or anyone tbh. I like straight/curly black hair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Borgia
I know. I stated that. But you are perpetuating it by bringing up white people on a thread about a black woman.

I guess so, I just wanted to highlight how good she looks for her age lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
I guess so, I just wanted to highlight how good she looks for her age lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

As does Keanu Reeves...
Reply 78
I think braids are better than dreads. I don't like blonde hair on black girls, or anyone tbh. I like straight/curly black hair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?

Not my type. Also, minorities bringing race into this is petty. A good insight for myself though, proving my experiences that a certain somebody is obsessed with racial and cultural topics when it's not relevent.

Quick Reply

Latest