The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDarkHorse
Myerscough is local to me, and I know quite a few people who go there.
A friend is currently doing the FdSc and is really enjoying it there. I had a look round the new vet nursing centre on an open day, and the facilities are great. Lecturers were very friendly and helpful. I haven't applied, so can't really give any tips, but best of luck :smile:

Thanks for the information, I cannot wait to have a look around. :biggrin:
Do you by any chance know if your friend gets to do any work with horses or livestock?
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Thanks for the information, I cannot wait to have a look around. :biggrin:
Do you by any chance know if your friend gets to do any work with horses or livestock?

No problem at all! Yes, so far they have done some horse practicals at the college yard :smile: they haven't mentioned about livestock, but you could maybe ask if you could help out on the farm :smile:
Original post by h0ffers
Hi guys! I was wondering if there's anyone else thinking of applying for vet nursing in 2015? (or even people who have applied for 2014!)

I just want to know which colleges/unis you're looking at and what you think about them?
To date I've been to RVC and Harper Adams and have open days booked for Nottingham Trent and Middlesex :smile: thanks!

They are all the ones I looked at! York
Askham Bryan college looks really good and you have College of west Anglia but the course is situated in Cambridge looks good and so does Edinburgh Napier!
I got an RVC interview today for 26th Feb (omg y so close...freaking out!) has anyone had an interview there and if so what was it like? Congrats to people with offers btw :smile:
Just wondering if anyone has applied to sparsholt and if they heard anything back yet?
Original post by Shannon:)
Has anyone had an interview for Askham Bryan?

I have one tomorrow morning and I'm quite apprehensive as I believe there is a practical task and I have no idea what to expect/what to wear etc :frown:

Hi, how did your interview at askham Bryan go? I have one on 28th Feb and although I already study animal management there I'm really nervous! What did you have to do?
Please remember that you must not give specific details of interviews or 'tasks' out on TSR.

This would give an unfair advantage to other applicants - and it may mean they get a place instead of you!
Has anyone had an interview for sparsholt college to study veterinary nursing, I have one this Friday and just want to know what sort of thing to expect. Thanks
Reply 248
Hey guys, hope youre all well :smile:

I've got an offer from Harper a few weeks a go so that's all very exciting! :biggrin:

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from RVC offers wise yet? (I had my interview on Jan 12th) I know they said it could be about March time until we hear back but Harper notified me about 2 weeks after my interview to give me an offer...

I'm just curious! If they haven't got back to anyone yet it looks like it could be March before we hear anything! (after all no news is good news...apparently :P )
Original post by h0ffers
Hey guys, hope youre all well :smile:

I've got an offer from Harper a few weeks a go so that's all very exciting! :biggrin:

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from RVC offers wise yet? (I had my interview on Jan 12th) I know they said it could be about March time until we hear back but Harper notified me about 2 weeks after my interview to give me an offer...

I'm just curious! If they haven't got back to anyone yet it looks like it could be March before we hear anything! (after all no news is good news...apparently :P )

I had an interview the same day and not heard anything. I know that vet meds have been receiving offers so my guess for us is the end of Feb/early March time. They're still doing interviews for vet nursing I think.
Has anyone got a Middlesex interview at 9:30 on 17th February?
Hi everyone

I've got a Napier interview on the 6th. Any tips? :smile:
Has anyone got Offers yet?
Original post by sydneybridge
Has anyone got Offers yet?

I got an offer from Bristol and have an interview at Napier on Friday, EEK! Apparently there's going to be a written task, which I'm freaking out about because I have NO IDEA what it might be on and I've been so busy with mocks that I've not really had time to read up on VN stuff :s-smilie:
Anyone not heard from Middlesex STILL?? I know I only applied in January, but there's not exactly much time left :confused:
For people who have gotten offers, or if you just know, have you started to look for places to do your work placements next year. Harper said that although they do help it is better to find your own placements for first year and that I should start looking as soon as even if I don't end up going there (hopefully I will be)

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Liberty.
Anyone not heard from Middlesex STILL?? I know I only applied in January, but there's not exactly much time left :confused:

Hi, I still haven't heard from Middlesex, it's really upset me because they were initially my first choice too :frown: :frown:
Even if they are still considering applications, it would be nice to have an e-mail explaining that they haven't forgotten about us or anything!
Hope we hear off them soon!
Interview at HA on the 4th of March anyone? :smile:
Original post by meganrayc
Hi, I still haven't heard from Middlesex, it's really upset me because they were initially my first choice too :frown: :frown:
Even if they are still considering applications, it would be nice to have an e-mail explaining that they haven't forgotten about us or anything!
Hope we hear off them soon!

Just got an email asking for references 😁 at least that means they're still considering people!
They have to be all difficult with the references though 😔
I just got my first conditional offer from Mysercough College, which is very exciting! :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending