The Student Room Group

How to set daily mobile data limit for android

I'm with giffgaff who give me the first 20MB per day for 20p but then it jumps up to 20p/MB. Is there a way I can set a daily limit?
Reply 1
Over 100 views and no response? :frown:
Original post by Hopple
Over 100 views and no response? :frown:

I found this, it might be of some use:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/3443819/set-data-usage-limit-on-android/

I'd also recommend you have a look at some other networks and moving. I'm with Three which is just 1p a mb all the time, no nasty price jumps!
Reply 3
Original post by jameswhughes
I found this, it might be of some use:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/3443819/set-data-usage-limit-on-android/

I'd also recommend you have a look at some other networks and moving. I'm with Three which is just 1p a mb all the time, no nasty price jumps!

Thanks, three looks good and I think I'll move to them once I've run down my credit.

That site only looks at overall/monthly limits, not daily. I've found I can change/reset the 'cycle' after a week but there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything daily apart from adding 20MB to the total after yesterday :frown:
Original post by Hopple
Thanks, three looks good and I think I'll move to them once I've run down my credit.

That site only looks at overall/monthly limits, not daily. I've found I can change/reset the 'cycle' after a week but there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything daily apart from adding 20MB to the total after yesterday :frown:

I did a fair bit of looking around for this, and that is all I could work out too. :sad:
Are you on a bundle plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Butterfly92xo
Are you on a bundle plan?

I'm on pay as you go because I don't use my phone enough for any sort of plan XD

But I'll switch to 3 as they're far cheaper for what I want.
Original post by Hopple
I'm on pay as you go because I don't use my phone enough for any sort of plan XD

But I'll switch to 3 as they're far cheaper for what I want.

Giffgaff are extremely cheap if you are on a budget.
Reply 8
Giffgaff are extremely cheap if you are on a budget.

3p, 2p, 1p for calls, texts and MB is cheaper than 10p, 6p, 1-20p. I don't know enough people on giffgaff to take advantage of their free calls and texts.
Original post by Hopple
3p, 2p, 1p for calls, texts and MB is cheaper than 10p, 6p, 1-20p. I don't know enough people on giffgaff to take advantage of their free calls and texts.

£10 a month for 500 minutes, 1GB of data and unlimited text.. & many more!
Reply 10
£10 a month for 500 minutes, 1GB of data and unlimited text.. & many more!

I wouldn't hit £10 a month on PAYG :tongue: Maybe around £5, but giffgaff's £5 plan has a tiny internet allowance. I'll keep an eye out for stuff (or ask here!) if my usage increases as I find out more things to use my smartphone for, especially as carrying over my number wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be (though the phone call took ages).
Original post by Hopple
I wouldn't hit £10 a month on PAYG :tongue: Maybe around £5, but giffgaff's £5 plan has a tiny internet allowance. I'll keep an eye out for stuff (or ask here!) if my usage increases as I find out more things to use my smartphone for, especially as carrying over my number wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be (though the phone call took ages).

Haha alright you got me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending