The Student Room Group

Question about girlfriends and girls who happen to be friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Pretty much all single guys would sleep with all of their female friends given the chance, with very few exceptions.

That doesnt mean they would actually want to date them though - most guys would have sex with any passably attractive woman, even ones they dont think are good enough to date. So saying "you would sleep with your friend" isnt really saying much. As long as they dont have any deeper feelings, there is no reason why they cant be friends, but there is always going to be some sexual tension and as Clip said on the last page, they are going to fantasize about sleeping with them every so often.

Latent sexual tension can make friendships more fun though, so its all good.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was friends with a guy for a few years before we started developing feelings for one another. Apparently we started falling for each other in May, started dating in August. I don't know that you can talk with someone every day and be really close and not develop feelings unless you didn't swing that way or it was a brother/sister type of love.
One of my closest if not best friend is a guy and I have never found him attractive in the slightest.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
That makes no sense.

Must be exhausting being attracted to every woman you come across.

Clip is an odd duck - I'm sure he'll stop arguing with you as soon as he realises you're female. :yy:
Original post by Grantland
I was arguing with a buddy of mine today about whether the friendzone exists or not. He said it was perfectly possible for someone to be really close to a girl without developing feelings for her, while I argued the opposite.

In the end the argument between us got no where, but I'm left wanting to ask TSR...

Have you ever been in a very close platonic relationship with a girl/guy without developing romantic feelings, or having it evolve into something more intimate?

I completely agree with your buddy.

I have been in both situations, neither evolving into something more "intimate"

I also don't particularly think the friend-zone exists. Although my opinion on that sort of varies.
Original post by RayApparently
Clip is an odd duck - I'm sure he'll stop arguing with you as soon as he realises you're female. :yy:

Erm, I'm not sure what's going on here but I ain't involved. And I'm pretty sure it's obvious that I'm female.
Erm, I'm not sure what's going on here but I ain't involved. And I'm pretty sure it's obvious that I'm female.

White Knight would never argue with a female on TSR.
White Knight would never argue with a female on TSR.

I am quite obviously a female so not sure that sentence is true.
I am quite obviously a female so not sure that sentence is true.

His duty was momentarily forgotten and he stopped as soon as he realised his mistake - I occasionally post without paying attention to the avatar etc. too.
His duty was momentarily forgotten and he stopped as soon as he realised his mistake - I occasionally post without paying attention to the avatar etc. too.

My avatar is pretty massive, it'll have to take a degree of skill to avoid it :rolleyes:
I think platonic friendships are possible. I also think it's possible to find a friend attractive but also have no want to date them. Some people are attractive, but still have traits that would stop me dating them. With that said, some degree of attraction does develop in most cases I think, but it's usually minor. I think that might just be a common side-effect of getting on with someone of the sex you're attracted to. I feel like this may be more of a guy thing though, 'cos most girls viciously deny finding many guy friends attractive to any degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clip
as awkward as a ginger stepchild.

Cold

But I still laughed.
From my own experience friendship is not really possible between opposite sex. Some years ago I thought I had very close boy friend but it escalated into being 'friends with benefits' type of friendship. I usually prefer to have man friends now I normally stay alone as it is not possible to have someone that will not attract you in one way or another. There still be feelings at some point or sexual attraction.
Is this question directed to guys or girls?

I'm a girl and I do think it's possible to have a platonic relationship with a guy even if one of them has romantic feelings for the other.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's not expressed and the person with feelings lets it die down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Grantland

Have you ever been in a very close platonic relationship with a girl/guy without developing romantic feelings, or having it evolve into something more intimate?

Yes. Most of my female friends already have long term partners and I have no real interest in being in a relationship right now so it's cool to just be mates. :smile:
My avatar is pretty massive, it'll have to take a degree of skill to avoid it :rolleyes:

haha
Original post by shiva300
I have 4 great guy friends that I know do not see me as anything more than a friend:smile: it's definitely possible!

are you absolutely sure ?

have each in turn do a sleep over and see...........
unless you are not feminine ?

see the other thread about friend sleepover

real men chase girls...........all the time except when falling in love (which can last for some weeks)
Yes,it's possible
Yes of course! My best friend is a guy, and I could never think of him as anything else.
Original post by acefrogman
are you absolutely sure ?

have each in turn do a sleep over and see...........
unless you are not feminine ?
see the other thread about friend sleepover

real men chase girls...........all the time except when falling in love (which can last for some weeks)

I have slept in the same bed as these guys after nights out and nothing has happened, they're just mates:smile: we've been friends for quite a few years. just because you appear to be incapable of having a platonic friendship doesn't mean everyone is:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending