The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DonnieCA
I haven't heard and I submitted mine on the 16th of Jan. I know they were still inviting people to take video interview on Monday just passed so maybe they are waiting to view those ones? That other person you have asked I think didnt hear back for three weeks! But that was before Christmas so could be different for those invited earlier.

When did you submit yours? I was confident about mine so would be disappointed if I didn't get through! :frown:

I was invited to do it on Friday and my deadline is tomorrow (2nd) so they might be waiting until those ones are submitted to respond?
Original post by DonnieCA
I haven't heard and I submitted mine on the 16th of Jan. I know they were still inviting people to take video interview on Monday just passed so maybe they are waiting to view those ones? That other person you have asked I think didnt hear back for three weeks! But that was before Christmas so could be different for those invited earlier.

When did you submit yours? I was confident about mine so would be disappointed if I didn't get through! :frown:

Also would you mind giving me an idea of the kind of things they asked? Am nervously trying to prepare....
Reply 1902
Anyone heard from Boodle Hatfield?

also how long did it take to hear back from IM? I only applied yesterday so not expecting a reply my just yet
(edited 9 years ago)
Am now in a panic - got the Mishcon video interview invite on friday to be completed by 2 February 2015 (GMT+00:00) - I took that to mean tomorrow night and am preparing tonight to do it tomorrow morning - but am now panicking the deadline is midnight tonight not midnight tomorrow?!
Original post by elmopsk
Am now in a panic - got the Mishcon video interview invite on friday to be completed by 2 February 2015 (GMT+00:00) - I took that to mean tomorrow night and am preparing tonight to do it tomorrow morning - but am now panicking the deadline is midnight tonight not midnight tomorrow?!

I think it means tomorrow midnight - this afternoon, I received an invitation for a verbal reasoning test to be submitted "by midnight GMT, 1st February 2015", which is midnight tonight.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by elmopsk

I received a similar message and took it to mean that it's actually due the day before (23:59 1 February). Not sure if that's right though
Reply 1906
Has anyone had a Linklaters AC yet? If so, just wondering how you found the partner interview?
Original post by sg7402a
I received a similar message and took it to mean that it's actually due the day before (23:59 1 February). Not sure if that's right though

eeek, ok now I'm worried - I really thought it meant tomorrow. I could do it tonight but not feeling prepared enough. I guess better to be safe than sorry :frown:
Do you guys have any advice for Burges Salmon or Osborne Clarke assessment days? Please let me know.
Original post by Rockpaper123
Do you guys have any advice for Burges Salmon or Osborne Clarke assessment days? Please let me know.

Hey, I was also looking for advice on burges salmon ac, when is your ac? Mine is tomorrow so if yours is after that I can let you know what mine was like :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vwalters94
Hey, I was also looking for advice on burges salmon ac, when is your ac? Mine is tomorrow so if yours is after that I can let you know what mine was like :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be great, I have mine on Wednesday :smile: Good luck!!!
For anyone who has done the Mishcon video interview/video interviews in general - how much is it ok to refer to my application form? should I assume whoever is watching it has already read my application? As in, if I'm asked 'why law' is it ok to give an answer that is very similar to the one I gave in the application form or do I have to come up with something completely new?
If a deadline is +00.00 GMT on Feb 2nd before midnight tonight or tomorrow night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by almvp
I completed mine on the 26th and still waiting, did you feel as though yours went well? I was happy with mine so hope I get an invite

I'm not too sure, It was my first vid interview. Fingers crossed eh.. did you apply north? Or London?
Original post by leumas9
If a deadline is +00.00 GMT on Feb 2nd before midnight tonight or tomorrow night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked this question a couple of pages back and got mixed answers - friends and family can't seem to decide either. I'm going with tonight just to be on the safe side. Is this for the Mishcon video invite?
Given that lawyers supposedly pride themselves on clarity, you'd have thought they'd have realised by now how problematic midnight deadlines are. Just do everyone a favour and use 23:59.
Original post by Kidioteque
Given that lawyers supposedly pride themselves on clarity, you'd have thought they'd have realised by now how problematic midnight deadlines are. Just do everyone a favour and use 23:59.

Tell me about it! Would certainly ease my stress levels :eek:
Just done my HD video interview and it went woefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leumas9
Just done my HD video interview and it went woefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, why you think that?! Did mine yesterday, cannot say I thought it went well! I found the time limit very difficult...
Original post by LawStudent30
Oh no, why you think that?! Did mine yesterday, cannot say I thought it went well! I found the time limit very difficult...

I ran out of things to say and began waffling, uming and aring, and then repeating myself and generally just looked like an outright buffoon. Safe to say I've not been shortlisted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending