The Student Room Group

The struggle is real...

Currently doing:
AS Biology (OCR A)
AS Physics (OCR A)
AS Chemistry (OCR A)
AS Maths (Edexcel)
AS General studies (its a waste of time)
EPQ (AQA)

Biology: meh
Chemistry: quite tough actually
Physics: quite simple
Maths: quite simple

Edit: if you're on a similar boat, I'd love to converse
Good luck! What grades are you aiming for? :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Good luck! What grades are you aiming for? :smile:

Hey there! hopefully 4As plus A in EPQ... not too fussed about the epq though
Reply 3
I'm in a similar boat, what're you writing your EPQ about?
Original post by Asurat
I'm in a similar boat, what're you writing your EPQ about?

hey and motor neurons disease, what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Angelo12231
hey and motor neurons disease, what about you?

I have no idea yet! I was thinking about my title being "is it possible to become a billionaire by trading at home?" or something to do with game or decision theory because I was also quite interested in doing a CREST award.

Have you thought about doing a CREST award and then converting it to an EPQ afterwards?
Original post by Asurat
I have no idea yet! I was thinking about my title being "is it possible to become a billionaire by trading at home?" or something to do with game or decision theory because I was also quite interested in doing a CREST award.

Have you thought about doing a CREST award and then converting it to an EPQ afterwards?

ahh great idea! hav a look at something called forex (or atleast thats how I spell it?)
I've thought about crest but haven't done it yet, But theres no point of converting it to epq because on your personal statement, you can't just say you have an epq and crest award, you'd be expected to say what projects you've done to gain the award so if you did the same project for both awards then really either the crest or the epq was a waste of time for you :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you want to do medicine?
Original post by polpo
Do you want to do medicine?

The million dollar question (!), yes hopefully :tongue:
Hey there! hopefully 4As plus A in EPQ... not too fussed about the epq though

EPQ hahaha. I started it just for my personal statement. Once I did the interview (and got an offer) I can't motivate myself to do the EPQ. I would rather do the dishes than open my EPQ file (and also come onto TSR like right now so that I can procrastinate):p:p:tongue:
Good luck with your studies :smile:
Original post by subject1
EPQ hahaha. I started it just for my personal statement. Once I did the interview (and got an offer) I can't motivate myself to do the EPQ. I would rather do the dishes than open my EPQ file (and also come onto TSR like right now so that I can procrastinate):p:p:tongue:

Haha, if you've got an offer then there really is no reason why you should further your work, especially on something like the EPQ
Original post by polpo
Good luck with your studies :smile:

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it!
Reply 13
ahh great idea! hav a look at something called forex (or atleast thats how I spell it?)
I've thought about crest but haven't done it yet, But theres no point of converting it to epq because on your personal statement, you can't just say you have an epq and crest award, you'd be expected to say what projects you've done to gain the award so if you did the same project for both awards then really either the crest or the epq was a waste of time for you :tongue:

Do you mean Forex as in the foreign exchange?

I never thought about a 2-for-1 CREST/EPQ that way, but since the EPQ is project management and the CREST is actual research there would still be merit in doing 2 for 1?
Original post by Asurat
Do you mean Forex as in the foreign exchange?

I never thought about a 2-for-1 CREST/EPQ that way, but since the EPQ is project management and the CREST is actual research there would still be merit in doing 2 for 1?

yeah i guess but you wouldn't have spent any effort on gaining the epq or crest then which kinda shows you're lazy (which isn't a true reflection of yourself) what uni's and course(s) are you opting for? :biggrin:
Reply 15
yeah i guess but you wouldn't have spent any effort on gaining the epq or crest then which kinda shows you're lazy (which isn't a true reflection of yourself) what uni's and course(s) are you opting for? :biggrin:

I see where you're coming from, personally if I do something academic I'm going to do both and only put the CREST award on my PS if it's better than my EPQ, if not I'll stick to just an EPQ.

I'm thinking maths w/and economics, I don't really know what I want to do in the future but stuff in Defence and investment looks interesting, and you?
As Chemistry= very hard atm
As English Lit= pretty easy
As History= Source paper easy, rest pretty difficult
As Gov and Politics= Very easy
EPQ (AQA)= That production log thingy is BS
Original post by Asurat
I see where you're coming from, personally if I do something academic I'm going to do both and only put the CREST award on my PS if it's better than my EPQ, if not I'll stick to just an EPQ.

I'm thinking maths w/and economics, I don't really know what I want to do in the future but stuff in Defence and investment looks interesting, and you?

Good idea actually, leave the epq as extra ucas points xD

I've always thought highly of the business route, but I think i'd like to do medicine - disregarding that its a very rewarding job
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by James Milibanter
As Chemistry= very hard atm
As English Lit= pretty easy
As History= Source paper easy, rest pretty difficult
As Gov and Politics= Very easy
EPQ (AQA)= That production log thingy is BS

ahhh the dreaded log thingy :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending